PDA

View Full Version : xplod or alpine?

garretttt4
01-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Ok I either have a alpine cde 9852 and the newer Sony xplod head unit sitting in my room. Which should I put in my car? Heard the newer Sony's were decent but Idk. Don't know what the output levels are on either. Thx broski's.

Nugg32
01-11-2013, 02:37 AM
well, id go with alpine. not sure about xplod head unites but i know xplod subwoofers are awful. A buddy of mine has 2 professionally installed and had it 2 days and had to return one of them, they sound distorted as hell and cant hit lows at all..i know that didn't help you at all

Sonic.
01-11-2013, 02:41 AM
I would do alpine any day.

TaylorFade
01-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Are you for real right now?

It ALL starts at the head. You send a crappy signal to your amps, guess what gets amplified?

garretttt4
01-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Are you for real right now?

It ALL starts at the head. You send a crappy signal to your amps, guess what gets amplified?

A Crappy signal? Idk I got it for 5$ bnib. So I looked it up and there was a buncha reviews saying good things so I wasn't sure. Had my alpine in b4 and loved it nit the xplod has the USB that's why I wanted it. Haha

garretttt4
01-11-2013, 02:49 AM
well, id go with alpine. not sure about xplod head unites but i know xplod subwoofers are awful. A buddy of mine has 2 professionally installed and had it 2 days and had to return one of them, they sound distorted as hell and cant hit lows at all..i know that didn't help you at all

I had a Sony xplod for my 1st system ever on a xplod 600 watt amp. **** was weak. Lol still have my Sony amp.

UnderFire
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
I've had 400$ systems where 250$ of it was the headunit, rule #1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) , don't skimp on the source.

Loudmp5
01-11-2013, 03:30 AM
ALPINE MOFO quality is quality and even the cheapest alpine beats the tar out of xplod

caseyarndt
01-11-2013, 03:41 AM
Alpine all day can't skimp on the source

garretttt4
01-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Ok thx guys.

TaylorFade
01-11-2013, 04:48 AM
The source unit, IMO is the #1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) most overlooked component in systems. People will spend $1k on a sub amp and run it with a crap deck.

But honestly... who cares. It's all compressed and crappy material anyway.

I just read a study of incoming college freshman. They were given the same track to listen to in various formats. A freighteningly increasing number of people actually PREFER compressed and lossy recordings.

It's the end of an era. I hope you m'fers are happy.

dvcevoblack
01-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Fvck Sony!

Sony is only good for home electronic, not car audio lol

TaylorFade
01-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Sad thing is... SOny used to make the best siht money could buy.

Better-Action
01-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Sony subs and amps are crap..... but I think some of the decks for the price aren't bad. Call me crazy. Which I probably am.

Edit - wanna point out I don't run Sony hu's. But ran a few when I started out.

ThatChevyGuy
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
well my alpine 9853 sounded like total ****

gckless
01-11-2013, 10:55 AM
The source unit, IMO is the #1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) most overlooked component in systems. People will spend $1k on a sub amp and run it with a crap deck.

I just read a study of incoming college freshman. They were given the same track to listen to in various formats. A freighteningly increasing number of people actually PREFER compressed and lossy recordings.

This, for days. **** is sad.

T.I.K.
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I like alpines because they're good decks with decent features for the price. If I'm going to buy a nice deck, I'm going to spend the coin on a Pioneer.

sjv13
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM

Was the test conducted using white Apple earbuds? Hahaha. I'll never understand how people can use those things. If they used a pair of decent in-ears they would hear about 90% more music hahahaha

C.Jeep
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Was the test conducted using white Apple earbuds? Hahaha. I'll never understand how people can use those things. If they used a pair of decent in-ears they would hear about 90% more music hahahaha

lol no kidding, but i will say the newer apple in ear head phones that come with the 5 gen ipod.. are so much better compared to the regular ear buds... lol sorry to get off topic..

sjv13
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
lol no kidding, but i will say the newer apple in ear head phones that come with the 5 gen ipod.. are so much better compared to the regular ear buds... lol sorry to get off topic..

I have the 5th gen touch. Those new "ear pods" still **** Would much rather use a pair of $30 sony in-ears. But personally, I use the Klipsch Image s4. They are awesome. I lost the rubber tips that fit me best (large), so I use the medium ones and twist them once they're in my ears. Works alright. The Klipsch in ears had way way too much sibilance at first and I felt they lacked the bass I wanted. But after using them for a while I think the broke in. I no longer cringe at high-treble songs and the bass is sufficient. Just wish I still had the right size tips. But I digress. Sorry OP :D

West
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Alpine ftw.
Probably has the best sq of all the major brands...

West
01-11-2013, 06:46 PM

Yes. 1000x yes. I will always use CD's though. Even usb readers have lower s/n ratios with uncompressed music :/
The problem may not be that people prefer compressed music, the problem is that with people's budget systems that they can't hear a difference between mp3 vs wav or flac.

srb
01-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Believe it or not some of the newer Sony HU's are actually really nice. I recently had the chance to mess around with Sony double din and a Alpine double din and the Sony beat it in every department.

But I'm not talking about the Xplod line...

C.Jeep
01-13-2013, 02:32 AM
you know i actually have a pair of them klipsch.. they are good for sure, better then my bose, and WAY BETTER than any beats!