PDA

View Full Version : wanting to start my front stage

frogcase2002
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Looking to start working on a good front stage and just want to see if anyone knows where I should start. Right now I have 2 jl xr 6.5s on an ea4000 amp. It sounds alright but just gets not as clear when its real loud and is not able to keep all the way up with the sub stage. I want to be able to turn my system pretty loud and have the front stage to keep up and to be clear and not like sharp to the ear... have done a lot and know a lot about the sub stage so I figured I should start learning about the front

neo_styles
01-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Looking to start working on a good front stage and just want to see if anyone knows where I should start. Right now I have 2 jl xr 6.5s on an ea4000 amp. It sounds alright but just gets not as clear when its real loud and is not able to keep all the way up with the sub stage. I want to be able to turn my system pretty loud and have the front stage to keep up and to be clear and not like sharp to the ear... have done a lot and know a lot about the sub stage so I figured I should start learning about the front

You've already got a good foundation for your front stage, don't change out the equipment. That amp is rock solid and the XRs, though expensive, are solid performers. Start looking into properly deadening your doors for bringing out the midbass and look into your EQ to take care of the harshness of the tweets. Here's a guide from DIYMA that really helped me tune my system:

A simple way to tune courtesy of cmusic....... - DIYMA Car Audio Forum (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/33740-simple-way-tune-courtesy-cmusic.html)

neo_styles
01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Also, where are your tweeters currently mounted?

frogcase2002
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Also, where are your tweeters currently mounted?

All I got right now is the speakers and amp .no tweeters or crossover or anything..... I also have a clarion eqs746 I forgot to mention. I just have all the knobs in the middle like they came

frogcase2002
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Wanting it to keep up with 145 to maybe 150 db.

neo_styles
01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
All I got right now is the speakers and amp .no tweeters or crossover or anything..... I also have a clarion eqs746 I forgot to mention. I just have all the knobs in the middle like they came

Your system needs tweeters if you're trying to set up a front stage. How'd you get the ZR mids then?

Additionally, you need to adjust your crossovers and gains to make sure your speakers are only playing what they're able to and without distortion. A quick trip through the manual for the speaker (available at JL's site) should give you that info.

frogcase2002
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Your system needs tweeters if you're trying to set up a front stage. How'd you get the ZR mids then?

Additionally, you need to adjust your crossovers and gains to make sure your speakers are only playing what they're able to and without distortion. A quick trip through the manual for the speaker (available at JL's site) should give you that info.

I found them real cheap on craigslist. Xr jls by the way.. I plan on getting tweeters soon