PDA

View Full Version : 4-channel Amp and sub encloser problem

CorporalFogarty
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
First of all, sorry if there is a similar post I could have read instead of posting this, but I couldn't find one.
Ok so I recently bought a new soundstorm 4 channel amp and wired it to my rear speakers and sub encloser. At first it wasn't working at all and I realized that the turn on lead was not connected correctly. After I fixed that I turned the car back on and the amp came on. I slowly adjusted the gain and the rear speakers were working beautiful, but the subs were not running. I reconnected the speaker wiring to the subs (which is bridged) over and over again and still, nothing. I have no idea what it could be. The subs were working perfectly when they were connected with a lower power mono amp, so I doubt that they are the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

matt_bennett05
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
What subs are they (specific model, and coils)? How are the subs wired? Need a lot of details on exact equipment here.

Also, not being any way, but that amp is janky man. Not going to get much out of it powering subs unless they're rated tiny RMS.