PDA

View Full Version : disapointing........

campbell8402
01-08-2013, 08:28 PM
so i was/still am putting together a budget system for my old beater car..... for my brithday my wife got me a set of soundstream sc-6t 6.5" components

well today i got to put them in.......first off one of the tweeters came right out of the box with the solder broken off the -side.... i figured no big deal and redid the connection my self with some beter wire....

then..... one of the mids didnt work....only way it would put out soud is if you pressed slightly down on the cone... i called the company i ordered from and they said i had to pay for shipping and turn around time for warranty was 2-4 WEEKS! at this point i was mad but wanted my stuff and was understanding that sometimes things get past qc

but then the other mid quit working all together...... i hooked up some 6x9s to the same wires and they worked fine...

called back and after threat of a bad amazon review and wanting to return the product for my money back they then said they would overnight me a new set and also send me a packing slip to return the defectives

is soundstream a bad product? i know they arent top of the line but someone on this forum suggested them to me AND i thought for sure ANYTHING that costs more than $50 would last more that 2 hours! i was very very dissapointed in the product but i guess very happy with the customer service!

tell me what you think....

Falcons
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
how much did you pay for these?

campbell8402
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM

murph
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Like your spelling.

mylows10
junk

itsblown
hmm maybe they were thrown around too much durring shipping. Even some of the lowest quality brands like boss, bazooka and scar audio should last longer than 2 hours

xShoWTeKx
$50 isn't much for components, also where did you get them from?

campbell8402
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
i got them on amazon from a dealer called mobilesoundworks.com.. their service was great.

about a day after they were ordered i saw someone on here post some massive audio vk6 for 50 + shipping and i regret not canceling my order and buying those....

and murph.....after all that that i wrote you couldnt come up with some constructive criticism other than being a spell check for me?

campbell8402
01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
i understand they are an inexpensive set but i only drive about 10 mins of my day and as much as id love to spring for the best of the best the money isnt there..... but still upset they didnt even last a day!

Timmy13091
01-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Soundstream aren't the greatest .. But that being said still that's a shittty situation I say u wait till the new set comes in before u pass to much judgment on the brand itself... Sounds like someone dropped ur package a couple times to me tho ... And imdeiatly after seeing the tweet I would have been on the phone for a replament ... You buy new for a reason

Timmy13091
01-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Should have saved up a Lil more and have vertex a call tho they always got good deals

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Gave***