PDA

View Full Version : CDT or MBquart?

Breogan24
04-14-2004, 08:16 PM
I have been planning for a while in replacing my 4"MBQuart front stage. I want 6.5 because i need some midbass. So i have been looking around and researching for a while. I was going to get the Quart RCE 216, but i see so many people rave about CDT speakers. So i started looking into those, but what i found strange is that the CDT CL series which i would be interested in, has a mounting depth of basically 2.5", while the Quarts have 5.5". Can the CDT's being that shallow they are play midbass just as well?

ngsm13
04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
how much money would you be willing to spend at mosT? jw, peace

NG

Breogan24
04-14-2004, 08:50 PM
About 150-200

Pete
04-14-2004, 10:53 PM
both comps when driven with enough power from the amplifiers will put out good midbass (haven't heard the CDT-CL's, but basing them off of my current CDT-HD that have great midbass) the real difference between these two comp sets is in the high end and the tweeters they use.
The MB's are more in your face up front, too bright for some.
The CDT sets are more laid back and smooth, some find them not up front enough.

Hope that helps make the decision easier if you don't have the luxury of listening to both sets before purchasing.

CAMSHAFT
04-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Forget Quart have you ever listened to Diamond Audio?

Breogan24
04-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Nope, never have. I just feel uncomfortable going to these car audio shops asking to listen to some of these speakers, because a lot of these shops are on you like glue and pressuring you to buy stuff. At least at BestBuy and C.City kind of places you are free to listen, but they sell mostly low end stuff anyway.

ny96j30
04-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Try Tweeter, you definitely don't have to worry about salesmen approaching you or answering your questions, their customer service *****.

Pete
04-14-2004, 11:23 PM
listen to as many different sets as you can and don't feel bad telling the sales people you are shopping around and to let you listen to the products... at least if you are able to listen to it you may be back to purchase it later.

Breogan24
04-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Well closest Tweeter is 50 miles away, might go on a bored weekend. Maybe i will give it a shot to check out some local stereo places. Hopefully that will go well and help me to decide.

adam71
04-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Breogan24, didn't you say you already had MB Quart in your vehicle??? If you do and you like the way the tweets sound then you will not be disappointed with going with Quarts again (with a 6.5" mid this time of course). Mb Quart makes amazing 6.5" drivers.....they are what anchor their component systems.

Forget Quart have you ever listened to Diamond Audio?

Yeah, thats alot of help, lets all just recommend the brands we use. :rolleyes:
Oh...but not because we're biased though...but because they're the best. :nerd:

Breogan24
04-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes, i currently have MBQuarts and I love the way they sound. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the tweeters are that bright. I listen to mainly electronic, techno music and I want as sharp a tweeter as I can find. I have already ordered the 6.5 component MBquart set. Now my only challenge will be fitting it in that 4" hole :D