PDA

View Full Version : Not The Happiest With My Order

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I just got my new SD-2 8's I preordered a few weeks ago. Everything went great, shipping was fast and they where packaged fantastically however after taking the first one out I realized it had quite a few scratches on the bottom plate. Checking the second one it seemed ok just had a couple slight scratches and a smudge of something. Im not going to slander the name or anything but I am pretty irritated with it. Call me picky or whatever but I was going to invert mount these subs and I would like them to look like the brand not drivers I paid for not some used or B stock items.

sundownz;

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/busta_grose/BF7B2FFD-EF49-49C5-9DDC-89544B2386BF-685-0000008D5F430776.jpg

Second one which isnt bad

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/busta_grose/13549595-06F6-45AF-A6F0-D64C4D4E9E15-685-0000008D6750B630.jpg

garretttt4
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
That kinda *****.....

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
That kinda *****.....

Ya not a big deal like I said just kinda irritated. I know they had a long day getting all the SD-2's and the Ev3's shipped out right after the holidays so some things are going to slip by...

RangerDangerV2
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
that stuff happens at the build house... even before the woofers are fully built... what do you want him to do about it?

garretttt4
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Ya not a big deal like I said just kinda irritated. I know they had a long day getting all the SD-2's and the Ev3's shipped out right after the holidays so some things are going to slip by...

Ya, those would look kinda cool inverted tho. Have u hooked them up yet?

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 08:25 PM
that stuff happens at the build house... even before the woofers are fully built... what do you want him to do about it?

It shouldnt have been sent out is the thing...

Ya, those would look kinda cool inverted tho. Have u hooked them up yet?

No not yet gotta sand the box down a smidge and wasnt sure if what I would do with this one

nate56
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
thought every woofer was hand tested @ sundown werehouse?

hispls
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm sure he'll replace them with nice looking ones if it's important to you. There's a reason stuff made in China is a quarter of the price of American made.

garretttt4
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
It shouldnt have been sent out is the thing...

No not yet gotta sand the box down a smidge and wasnt sure if what I would do with this one

You'll have to post up how u like them and a vid when u hook um up. Kinda wanted to try a e15 for some winter bump.

Bettr n' Revrse
I'm sure he'll replace them with nice looking ones if it's important to you. There's a reason stuff made in China is a quarter of the price of American made.

Ill see what they say... Just the one would be fine if they wanted to do that...

RangerDangerV2
black marker will fix it lmao.

gckless
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah these shouldn't have been sent out like this.

whitedragon551
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Replace it.

Quality control. Ever heard of it? Double check **** before it leaves your hands so things like this dont happen. Shouldnt have to color a brand new product with sharpie.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Replace it.

Quality control. Ever heard of it? Double check **** before it leaves your hands so things like this dont happen. Shouldnt have to color a brand new product with sharpie.

I know for a fact if this was Skar everyone would be going off about it being used and **** like that lol

RangerDangerV2
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Replace it.

oh no... here comes a butthurt mod...

infamous_e46
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
payton quit being a pvssy and paint that or pay your own shipping and return them or buy my mint no scratch having american bass 8's or my ppi sq 8's

RangerDangerV2
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I dont know why everyone still hates skar... let me guess? now you will all bash sundown too...

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
payton quit being a pvssy and paint that or pay your own shipping and return them or buy my mint no scratch having american bass 8's or my ppi sq 8's

Screw that!

whitedragon551
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I dont know why everyone still hates skar... let me guess? now you will all bash sundown too...

Multiple reasons. One of which was for sending out B Stock, in a condition similar to this, as new product.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

oh no... here comes a butthurt mod...

No here comes someone who expects brand new things when I pay for brand new things. Not beat up products at brand new prices.

RangerDangerV2
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Multiple reasons. One of which was for sending out B Stock, in a condition similar to this, as new product.

here we go...

whitedragon551
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
here we go...

Its only fair is it not?

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I say we start a DO NOT BUY FROM SUNDOWN thread.. :naughty:

B-Sh0t
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
A good man would email some pix to the company or make a phone call before getting sad in a public forum.
IDK what you buy or where you buy these things happen on all products.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
A good man would email some pix to the company or make a phone call before getting sad in a public forum.
IDK what you buy or where you buy these things happen on all products.

Who said I didnt?

Boomsday
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
I say we start a DO NOT BUY FROM SUNDOWN thread.. :naughty:

I dare you :)

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 09:52 PM
But i like sundown.. ugh :(

infamous_e46
01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
dragon has always had a hard0n for jacob and sundown

mclerico83
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
The funny thing is that if this was skar people would be all over bashing hem and making another 100 threads on how kevin is a POS. But because sundown is one of the most nut hugged brands on this forum everyone backs off. But with that said yes sundown messed up on som QC, so what, it happens to every company. The important thing is how fast they remedy the situation. With that said I am not a sundown lover or hater. Many times for price I think better can be had for their amps and their subs are great but nothing special or wowing, the sa is a good daily driver for example but i would choose other subs over it for the price point. Now the sd has really intrigues me and it may be something i will try soon :) as it is a little different than anything else I have seen on the market.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
The funny thing is that if this was skar people would be all over bashing hem and making another 100 threads on how kevin is a POS. But because sundown is one of the most nut hugged brands on this forum everyone backs off. But with that said yes sundown messed up on som QC, so what, it happens to every company. The important thing is how fast they remedy the situation. With that said I am not a sundown lover or hater. Many times for price I think better can be had for their amps and their subs are great but nothing special or wowing, the sa is a good daily driver for example but i would choose other subs over it for the price point. Now the sd has really intrigues me and it may be something i will try soon :) as it is a little different than anything else I have seen on the market.

Exactly...

Sleeklsc
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I'd just rattlecan both to match. But I can understand why op is upset. Perhaps sundown(Or whoever..) could switch it out free of charge or throw you a little money back.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I'd just rattlecan both to match. But I can understand why op is upset. Perhaps sundown(Or whoever..) could switch it out free of charge or throw you a little money back.

Ya I suppose I could plasti dip them

kushy_dreams
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM

what ever happened to you leaving

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM

^^^^ x2

Sleeklsc
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Ya I suppose I could plasti dip them

Black caliper paint in a can is durable and looks good. Just a suggestion.

Was just about to say the same thing. Rd, gtfo.

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Poor RD.. Gots no love on this forum :crying:

Sleeklsc
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Poor RD.. Gots no love on this forum :crying:

Don't think there was an issue with him before he started the thread looking for attention.

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
He was a complete **** to me when i wanted a box design..

RAM_Designs
01-06-2013, 10:28 PM
The funny thing is that if this was skar people would be all over bashing hem and making another 100 threads on how kevin is a POS. But because sundown is one of the most nut hugged brands on this forum everyone backs off..

I'd guess the reason why that doesn't happen is because Jacob/Sundown doesn't have a history of deliberate shadiness and lies(and general douchebaggery), like how Kevin/Skar does. People bash Skar because in their mind they already have a reason to, from past experience(s). As far as I can tell there's really no reason to bash Sundown or Jacob, which is likely why something like this doesn't blow up into anything bigger.

Sleeklsc
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
He was a complete **** to me when i wanted a box design..

Minus the whole "I dezine boxes now, pay me for mah rookie azz skills instead of the guy that actually knows what he's doing" ordeal.

SUNDOWNBITCH
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Wanted to charge me too much for one.. Hahaha poor guy

myjaja
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I'd guess the reason why that doesn't happen is because Jacob/Sundown doesn't have a history of deliberate shadiness and lies(and general douchebaggery), like how Kevin/Skar does. People bash Skar because in their mind they already have a reason to, from past experience(s). As far as I can tell there's really no reason to bash Sundown or Jacob, which is likely why something like this doesn't blow up into anything bigger.

I agree, even though recently it seems like some people have been trying to bash sundown like this. OP could of just called them and im sure Jacob(btw which he's out of town atm) would of replaced them with no hassle. I think op started this thread intending of starting something huge like with what happened with skar.

audiobaun
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
If they are going to be exposed subs, id get them replaced.im sure they will do without any issues.The first pic looks like a sub that has been used as a door scotch..lol.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-07-2013, 02:54 AM
I agree, even though recently it seems like some people have been trying to bash sundown like this. OP could of just called them and im sure Jacob(btw which he's out of town atm) would of replaced them with no hassle. I think op started this thread intending of starting something huge like with what happened with skar.

You didnt read the whole thing then... "Im not going to slander the name or anything" and on page two I said I had sent them an Email...

cyn
01-07-2013, 03:30 AM
CES most of the companies head peoples won't be around for the week...

IonRL205
01-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Payton your sig is awesome

I always end finding myself staring at it for long periods of time

Bettr n' Revrse
01-07-2013, 03:40 AM
CES most of the companies head peoples won't be around for the week...

I was just gunna txt you man

Payton your sig is awesome

I always end finding myself staring at it for long periods of time

Its funny no matter how many times you see it

timma100
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I just got my new SD-2 8's I preordered a few weeks ago. Everything went great, shipping was fast and they where packaged fantastically however after taking the first one out I realized it had quite a few scratches on the bottom plate. Checking the second one it seemed ok just had a couple slight scratches and a smudge of something. Im not going to slander the name or anything but I am pretty irritated with it. Call me picky or whatever but I was going to invert mount these subs and I would like them to look like the brand not drivers I paid for not some used or B stock items.

sundownz;

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/busta_grose/BF7B2FFD-EF49-49C5-9DDC-89544B2386BF-685-0000008D5F430776.jpg

Second one which isnt bad

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/busta_grose/13549595-06F6-45AF-A6F0-D64C4D4E9E15-685-0000008D6750B630.jpg

That really ***** man, just replying to the first post. Don't really care about the kids yelling back and forth. I hope you get this situated, extra horrible timing due to Jacob being out of town. Keep us updated man

Kangaroux
01-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Sundown Discrepancies

Imtjnotu
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Replace it.

Quality control. Ever heard of it? Double check **** before it leaves your hands so things like this dont happen. Shouldnt have to color a brand new product with sharpie.pay him no mind dragon he is 17 years old remember

BassMechkanic
01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
this whole thing is one of my biggest issues with the internet, if you bought from local dealer then you could have dealt directly with them to fix, if they didnt then go back to manufacture. and you dont make a post like this until all has failed and your not satisified. good luck and as a Sundown Dealer I know they will take care of you, but next time think of the local dealer.

IonRL205
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
this whole thing is one of my biggest issues with the internet, if you bought from local dealer then you could have dealt directly with them to fix, if they didnt then go back to manufacture. and you dont make a post like this until all has failed and your not satisified. good luck and as a Sundown Dealer I know they will take care of you, but next time think of the local dealer.

Not everybody has a local dealer

There aren't any dealers local to me

timma100
01-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Not everybody has a local dealer

There aren't any dealers local to me

+1 to that, but I have Worship Jesus billboards everywhere in my city, BEAT THAT :D! wait.....aw :(

Bettr n' Revrse
01-09-2013, 07:12 AM

You find me a local dealer with in 400 miles...

tommydh
01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
I thought Sundown was American made. The box in the background of the one pic says MADE in the same crappy place that makes everything else.

Bettr n' Revrse
01-09-2013, 07:25 AM
I thought Sundown was American made. The box in the background of the one pic says MADE in the same crappy place that makes everything else.

Nope Chine built American tested

B-Sh0t
01-09-2013, 08:07 AM
**** you need a tissue?

sundownz
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Every woofer is hand tested at our shop. Every one is played to be sure it works well. There is also a quick look-over of appearance. I've had a few new people in testing and a VERY high volume alongside the SD2 pre-orders so someone messed up and sent out one we would pull as a b-stock. Simple as that; and could have been much better resolved with an e-mail. Especially since everyone that checks forums at the shop is out of town. There is no reason for all of the back and forth... But I suppose that is the new normal on the forums.

That being said if you want help e-mail my sundownz account and Ill get someone at the shop on it and bring it to the attention of the testers so they will be more careful.