PDA

View Full Version : 4th order for 15inch IDv.3 inside pic 1.7 sealed 1.9 ported tuned to 55hz

HAVINGFUN
01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Here is another 4th order with two 4inch pvc pipes routered to give smooth intake and output. I am waiting on a 6 inch aeroport but I am getting very little port noise so I might just keep the pvc pipes. It sounds pretty darn good off of 300 watts. Definately louder than it was sealed but that is no surprise.

ThatChevyGuy
01-06-2013, 12:47 AM
that looks really small for a 4th

HAVINGFUN
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
That sub uses a pretty small sealed box 1.7 is the largest recommended for sealed and that is what I used the ported side is 1.9 and that is what ID said was a good size for the ported side. I agree though it is pretty small and that is the only reason I could use it but it sounds good for a bandpass really good actually I am sure it could sounds better but I do not have the time to keep redoing it.

Jroo
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
I have two 4th order designs that were more for smooth/flat response. I woudnt call myself an sq guy, but dont worry about being loud as **** anymore. Both of those designs were actually pretty small. I had some guys telling me what to do and they were double the size of what I ended up with. These crazy ratios that are like 3:1 and more are usually for somebody trying to rock the block. Your design may not be the loudest, but I bet you it sounds good and is louder than the sealed it was in before.

HAVINGFUN
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
JRoo I agree and really do like this design and the result. I have a 12 IDmax in a low tuned box and a W6 in a low tuned box and will test the bandpass agains those two. We will see how it stacks up. The bandpass is slightly bigger overall than these ported boxes and the shape is harder to put in the back of my trunk but the lack of a woofer face makes up for it since I can move it around and not have to worry about the woofer getting a 7 irons up against it. Plus the ability to move it into the rear corner is nice for the extra volume it gets from loading into the corner. In my trunk this doubles the output and gets rid of almost all cancellation with that sub pointing close to the corner and the opposite backseat folded down really pounds. I might be getting a different car my wife's suv so cancellation and rattles will be much less.