PDA

View Full Version : Need someone help me quick about to order

Spldecendant
01-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I have 4 oxygen audio 6.5 pro series 100rms and I'm looking to add a tweeters and crossovers would it be fine if I used Rockford crossovers with Rockford tweeters with the oxygen mids or do they need to be the same brand?

East
01-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Doesnt matter as long as properly setup it would work the same way so no. Some prefer brand matching but you could have different amplifier, tweeter, mids, crossover and it would work fine as long as it's all matched to work and setup right.

TaylorFade
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Are your drivers 8 ohm? Are those crossovers designed for 8ohm drivers?

mylows10
01-01-2013, 10:35 PM
as long as the xover points are correct for the components you'll be fine

Spldecendant
01-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Amazon.com: O2 oxygen OM690 6.5 inch. Midrange speaker, 200w- 1pc: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/O2-oxygen-OM690-Midrange-speaker/dp/B004BFRNM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357097706&sr=8-1&keywords=O2+6.5+speaker) these are the speakers I have and these are the crossover and tweeters I want to buy Rockford Fosgate P1T-S (09-p1ts) 1" Punch Series Car Tweeters Kit (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18209_Rockford-Fosgate-P1T-S.html) this will all be ran of a new Rockford punch p400-4

Spldecendant
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Are your drivers 8 ohm? Are those crossovers designed for 8ohm drivers?
Yes 8ohm

TaylorFade
01-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Oh... I thought you meant you needed a crossover for the midwoofer too.

Those tweets will be just fine.

Spldecendant
01-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Oh... I thought you meant you needed a crossover for the midwoofer too.

Those tweets will be just fine.Okay this is how I want to set it up run my speaker wires to the mid driver to these crossovers then to the tweets Will this be fine

TaylorFade
01-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Okay this is how I want to set it up run my speaker wires to the mid driver to these crossovers then to the tweets Will this be fine

I suppose. Do you have any kind of crossover on your midwoofer? Or is it running wide open or what?

Spldecendant
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
I suppose. Do you have any kind of crossover on your midwoofer? Or is it running wide open or what?

It's wide open I though the crossover just needs to be in between the mid and the tweeter so the tweeter get the correct power and blocks the lower hz the mid is going to be seeing.....then I tune the amp for the mid speaker that's my understanding or is this totally of

cdc351jeferson
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
you usually run into xover then out to each speaker

Spldecendant
01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
you usually run into xover then out to each speaker

Please explain further

TaylorFade
01-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Please explain further

Usually passive crossovers are like a "fork in the road" for the frequencies. And usually ~ 4khz. 4khz and down goes to the woofer. 4khz and up goes to the tweeter. That way, all you need is a HPF on your amp to protect your midwoofer and it'll see something like 80hz - 4khz. That's known as a "bandpass" crossover.

Personally, I run my woofer full range too. I just didn't know if you had it like that on purpose.

Spldecendant
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Usually passive crossovers are like a "fork in the road" for the frequencies. And usually ~ 4khz. 4khz and down goes to the woofer. 4khz and up goes to the tweeter. That way, all you need is a HPF on your amp to protect your midwoofer and it'll see something like 80hz - 4khz. That's known as a "bandpass" crossover.

Personally, I run my woofer full range too. I just didn't know if you had it like that on purpose.So I can just tune the amp for that mid woofer then the tweeters crossovers will work for the tweeter and there be no problems......cause the way I said I wanted to do it it seems like people are telling me yes and some no

TaylorFade
01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
So I can just tune the amp for that mid woofer then the tweeters crossovers will work for the tweeter and there be no problems......cause the way I said I wanted to do it it seems like people are telling me yes and some no

It'll totally work. That's exactly how I'm running my **** right now. Except that my tweeter is @ 6.15khz and I do it electronically.

I dont' see a probem with it at all unless your midwoofers are on axis.

Spldecendant
01-04-2013, 06:47 PM
It'll totally work. That's exactly how I'm running my **** right now. Except that my tweeter is @ 6.15khz and I do it electronically.

I dont' see a probem with it at all unless your midwoofers are on axis.Sorry I ask so many questions what does axis mean

TaylorFade
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Sorry I ask so many questions what does axis mean

ON axis is when the speaker is facing you. Like, pointed right at your face. Off axis is any degree of... not that. Could be 30 degrees or 90 degrees or whatever. In a typical door install, the driver's door is usually ~ 60-70* off axis. The passenger one ~ 30* off. This is why when you see FR graphs, they usually give you on axis, 30* and 60*.

The larger the driver, the earlier in the frequencies the driver will have a natural rolloff because of beaming. It's entirely size dependant and not up for debate. 6.5" drivers start to "beam" at around 1.6khz, but not significantly until 2.5khz or so. If your speakers were pointed straight at your face, you might get some interference with frequency overlap at tweeter frequencies. Off axis, this is not likely to be a problem.

As an example... here is my 6.5's in my doors playing full range. The spike you DO see over 2.5khz is just "noise" and was there before I started the test. You can see how little information there is. This is because of beaming.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/taylorfade/DACFDFA6-B87B-4635-B464-BDA8E1F57F40-11715-0000055E9AA26869.jpg

So, as you can see... you likely don't have to worry about the frequency overlap.

Spldecendant
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
ON axis is when the speaker is facing you. Like, pointed right at your face. Off axis is any degree of... not that. Could be 30 degrees or 90 degrees or whatever. In a typical door install, the driver's door is usually ~ 60-70* off axis. The passenger one ~ 30* off. This is why when you see FR graphs, they usually give you on axis, 30* and 60*.

The larger the driver, the earlier in the frequencies the driver will have a natural rolloff because of beaming. It's entirely size dependant and not up for debate. 6.5" drivers start to "beam" at around 1.6khz, but not significantly until 2.5khz or so. If your speakers were pointed straight at your face, you might get some interference with frequency overlap at tweeter frequencies. Off axis, this is not likely to be a problem.

As an example... here is my 6.5's in my doors playing full range. The spike you DO see over 2.5khz is just "noise" and was there before I started the test. You can see how little information there is. This is because of beaming.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab45/taylorfade/DACFDFA6-B87B-4635-B464-BDA8E1F57F40-11715-0000055E9AA26869.jpg

So, as you can see... you likely don't have to worry about the frequency overlap.
Thanks for clearing that up