PDA

View Full Version : Good price for this sound sysmtem??

maxbass
12-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Item(s) for Sale:

i am wanting to get a sound system , this dude at a shop gives me 2 12s kicker cvr with a box for mustang, planet audio ac 2500, 2 kicker 6x9 speakers ,installed for 650? is that a good deal?

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

VWGolfMKVI
12-29-2012, 03:55 PM
The Planet Audio amp is a $75 amp, the kicker CVR 12's can be had for $150 a pair, the 6x9's $60

so $285 add $150 for a solid enclosure

So my opinion, HELL NO

mylows10
12-29-2012, 04:07 PM
nope i can give you better and so could some of the other vendors here for the same .installation should be 75 to install wires for the amp and maybe 40 to install the 6x9s. he's prolly also giving you a cheap install kit ,that maybe cost him $15 ,so 125 installation costs.285 in parts and the box he's giving you is most definately a prefab so 30 on that ,so a total of 440 .so yea he's burning you pretty good.

T.I.K.
12-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Super wrong section

CerwinVega_Fan
12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I hope u didn't pay that! You got ripped off.

kat_black181
12-29-2012, 06:50 PM
You can have amazing sound for 650 and you wont get it out of that setup. Have some of the people here help you... Jim (mylows) is a good guy and comes recommended from my great friend Joe. He can get u hooked up right. Couple other vendors here like Aaron (denim) and Andrew (Vertex Audio) that are really awesome as well. Good luck!! :-)

Dtrom
12-29-2012, 06:55 PM
No sir. Do some browsing around this forum and you'll know what's good and what to stay away from.

Danometal
12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
You can have amazing sound for 650 and you wont get it out of that setup. Have some of the people here help you... Jim (mylows) is a good guy and comes recommended from my great friend Joe. He can get u hooked up right. Couple other vendors here like Aaron (denim) and Andrew (Vertex Audio) that are really awesome as well. Good luck!! :-)

X2, even though I don't know the names mentioned. Better equipment can be had for that kind of coin, and you will surely be happier. Just be patient and take your time, and read a lot. I got burnt by shops before I went DIY and things have gotten much better.

mylows10
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM

why thank you kat ,i try my best to give the best for less,and i'll go that extra mile to help as much as i can thru the install if possible .

West
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM

Yes Jim is a great guy to deal with he can beat most prices for BNIB gear.
Also please don't buy kicker... you can do much better than kicker for the money.

Best advice I can give the op is to go with component speakers.
Focal, cdt, hybrid audio, hertz (if they are not knockoffs), phd
All good brands if you try for their middle tier offerings it's hard to go wrong.

There are a lot of good amps in the classifieds here. Just make sure to buy from people with a lot of good feed back.
And research the amps that you're buying. It never hurts to make a thread and ask for people's input.

The biggest single improvement you can make from a stock system imho is replacing the deck.
Clarion, Alpine, eclipse, and some of pioneers higher end players would do nicely.
I really like the clarion cz702 for the price.

Shopping around for you gear is half the fun.

kat_black181
12-29-2012, 07:02 PM
why thank you kat ,i try my best to give the best for less,and i'll go that extra mile to help as much as i can thru the install if possible .

Always try to rep the good ones when I can!! :-)

mylows10
12-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Always try to rep the good ones when I can!! :-)

me to:)

The Silverman
12-29-2012, 08:19 PM
So there you have it. The ppl have spoken. Now take yourself over to these classifieds and get some better stuff than...

"2 12s kicker cvr with a box for mustang, planet audio ac 2500, 2 kicker 6x9 speakers" [/COLOR]....THAT.

And for goodness sakes install it yourself. There aren't many feelings better than that sense of accomplishment....except maybe consensual ***.
Shops usually rip you off, and there aren't many feelings worse than getting your wallet raped.

n8skow
12-29-2012, 09:10 PM
I think people need to consider retail vs. off the internet here...

Speaking retail:
$150 for the woofers
$50 for sealed box, $75 for ported
Planet Audio amp $110
6x9's - what series? DS? $100
off-the-shelf 4-gauge wiring kit, easily $50-$75, (no telling what you go though)

Looking at $460-$510 just in equipment (again, retail), let alone installation. The installer will need to be paid for their time.
$650 sounds about right. You might be able to talk the guy down $50 or so if he's itching to make a sale that day.

Dtrom
12-29-2012, 11:26 PM
If you do the install yourself you can use that extra cash towards better gear... We can walk you through the install process whenever you hit a rough patch

2Dcore
12-30-2012, 10:15 AM
don't do it have the guys on here help you, they will help you find the equipment that you need and what best suit you for your budget

gckless
12-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Pics with username and date.