PDA

View Full Version : sundown e10 D2 2011 chevy crew cab

fields2grand
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey Folks!
First post, but i have roamed these boards for months. I have three components I would like to get your input on. I'm not really concerned about the amp. I have had this amp for years and I want to keep it for nostalgia reasons and because I want to save some change.
Anyway I want to get this box for my crew cab:
Unfortunately as a first poster I cant post url's. So these components I will have to give descriptions for.
Box = subthump dot com 07&up crew cab box. .95 cubic feet. If you google search CRB07-110/112 it will take you there.

Sub = sundown e10 D2

Amp = 500wt orion xtreme at 4ohms

According to WinISD, ported is certainly the way to go. F3 ported = 32.5hz. F3 nonported = 51.75hz

My question is to get what I want I need a 14"x3" port. Do you think I can sneak that kind of port into this box? Will port velocity be too high?

Thanks for your input.

Disarmer
12-28-2012, 12:26 AM
If you're going to port a box that is originally sealed, I would suggest just using an aeroport. It would be far easier, IMO.

frogcase2002
12-28-2012, 12:46 AM
What are the dimensions of the box? Cause you could do a 4" round port but it would have to be between 25 and 30 in.

Canaan
12-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Hey Folks!
First post, but i have roamed these boards for months. I have three components I would like to get your input on. I'm not really concerned about the amp. I have had this amp for years and I want to keep it for nostalgia reasons and because I want to save some change.
Anyway I want to get this box for my crew cab:
Unfortunately as a first poster I cant post url's. So these components I will have to give descriptions for.
Box = subthump dot com 07&up crew cab box. .95 cubic feet. If you google search CRB07-110/112 it will take you there.

Sub = sundown e10 D2

Amp = 500wt orion xtreme at 4ohms

According to WinISD, ported is certainly the way to go. F3 ported = 32.5hz. F3 nonported = 51.75hz

My question is to get what I want I need a 14"x3" port. Do you think I can sneak that kind of port into this box? Will port velocity be too high?

Thanks for your input.

2011 Crew Cab Chevy you say???

For many of my in-shop customer's w/ 2007+ crew cab chevy's...I offer a 'rear-seat lift' option that will allow for a PROPERLY DESIGNED 2-10 enclosure w/ 1.2cuft per chamber (14+sq/cuft port area) and in-cabin tuning can easily extends well below 30hz w/ the Sundown E, SD, or even the SA! (I am a sundown brick and mortar dealer) I just tweak the enclosure based on the subwoofer.

I have seen the boxes that 'subthump' CLAIMS will hit low....BUT I'M SURE that any fellow box designer on this forum will agree w/ me...SubThump is full of 4-LETTER WORD when they list 'full specs' on their enclosures.

fields2grand
12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
What are the dimensions of the box? Cause you could do a 4" round port but it would have to be between 25 and 30 in.

This is really all they give me. Dimensions aren't posted.
Mounting Depth: 6.5"
Volume: .95 cu.ft per chamber

fields2grand
12-28-2012, 10:08 PM
2011 Crew Cab Chevy you say???

For many of my in-shop customer's w/ 2007+ crew cab chevy's...I offer a 'rear-seat lift' option that will allow for a PROPERLY DESIGNED 2-10 enclosure w/ 1.2cuft per chamber (14+sq/cuft port area) and in-cabin tuning can easily extends well below 30hz w/ the Sundown E, SD, or even the SA! (I am a sundown brick and mortar dealer) I just tweak the enclosure based on the subwoofer.

I have seen the boxes that 'subthump' CLAIMS will hit low....BUT I'M SURE that any fellow box designer on this forum will agree w/ me...SubThump is full of 4-LETTER WORD when they list 'full specs' on their enclosures.

I appreciate your input. I just don't think I need two subs. I work in IT and I kind of need some of that underneath space for routers and switches etc.

frogcase2002
12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
I would just build one

brandinooooo
12-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Does that box sit under just one seat or does it sit under all if them or what? I looked at the pic on their site but it doesn't show much.

If it doesn't go all the way across under the bench seat, what you could do is, make a external round port. A 4" like someone said above would be good and just cut the hole for the port on the side so it would stretch under the other seats. PVC tube would work well. That's just if you don't want to build a box (which is the best option) or have one custom made for you.

Kinda like this one I did for 2 8" RE under the rear bench of an 03 F150:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/535237-03-ford-f150-under-seat-build.html