PDA

View Full Version : LCD fiberglassing project?

Hertzy42
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
hi guys, I want to do something that has been done before many times, but hopefully in a way that isnt so common; I want to take apart my sun visors, recut them, and fiberglass in a screen. Then put the OEM cloth back around so it looks like a screen instead of a mirror; rather than those stupid looking clip-ons you find on ebay. the visors themselves arent very big, they're off of a dodge neon. I've got an extra pair to work with in case I do it wrong the first time. I guess my question is what size monitor do you think is a good size? What brands should I consider? Of course, it needs to be super thin. I dont want/need any of the plastic casing, and will probably end up removing the back casing since plain screens without any of that stuff are hard to find (via google search anyway). Any of you guys done this before, and want to share thoughts/comments? I've done some work with fiberglass in the past, albeit not too much, but thats why I've got the extra pair I guess. Lastly, can you suggest any good vendors to get the screens from? thanks!

ramos
04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Check out parts express they sell visor screens with no casing at all. Your headed the right direction with your installation ideas. As far as the size goes, it's a matter of physical fit and how much you want to spend. The hardest part is figuring out where and how to hide the wires :)

iamamp3pimp
04-16-2004, 12:44 AM
keep us updated. i have a dodge neon and would like to try thr same thing

peace