PDA

View Full Version : Need some porting help

4bannger
12-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Okay so I've been working on my 1991 pickup build. And if you familiar with the truck you know they lack space for subs. I've always like the bass response in ported boxes over sealed. I'm new to box building. And tunning looses me.

First question: what is a good tuning hz number for ported box

Second question: how would I be sure I'm making the box with the right tuning?

Also. If I posts of some size restrictions I need to stick to would someone be willing to give me a design. I wanna put one sub behind each seat and put the port in the center between the seats.

Sonic.
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Desining is not simple nor free hahah. Have one of the guys in the vendor section do a design for you, it's not gonna cost much, then build it, or have them build it for you.

4bannger
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't really want someone to fully design it because I would like to learn how to do it myself. Just looking for someone willing to give input on how-to

mklett33
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Everything you desire is right here:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/560833-about-make-thread-about-box-design-read-first.html

Thank me later. ;)

4bannger
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Ill go ahead and thank you now. Soon as I get home ill make sure I use your question layout thing. (Total pain trying to copy paste on iPhone)