PDA

View Full Version : door panels test fit, not snapping into place

knotdrummer88
12-15-2012, 05:22 PM
In my jeep cherokee just now I went to test fit the door panels, with just the wooden speaker rings screwed into the door panel(no fiberglass). I put the snaps into their spots on the door panel and they going into their respective holes in the door....they just dont stay. So the bottom of the door where the speakers will be the panel wont sit flush on the door they just kinda hang off. Any help?

chargdbassbuick
12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
In my jeep cherokee just now I went to test fit the door panels, with just the wooden speaker rings screwed into the door panel(no fiberglass). I put the snaps into their spots on the door panel and they going into their respective holes in the door....they just dont stay. So the bottom of the door where the speakers will be the panel wont sit flush on the door they just kinda hang off. Any help?
had similar issue just went to local autoparts place and bought new plastic and metal clips , problem solved

Julian
12-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Your door panels naturally flex when they clip in, they're not as flat as you would think. If the idea above me doesn't work I'd get some self tapping screws and just screw it down and see what happens.

knotdrummer88
12-15-2012, 07:27 PM
had similar issue just went to local autoparts place and bought new plastic and metal clips , problem solved

The same clips as factory? just new ones you mean?

chargdbassbuick
12-15-2012, 11:22 PM
The same clips as factory? just new ones you mean?
most gm vehicles use similar clips so the autoparts store should have what your looking for, take a couple off your jeep and go up there and say you want the same ones

keep_hope_alive
12-16-2012, 12:35 AM
you can also go into Napa or a similar store and they can order for you

knotdrummer88
12-16-2012, 02:07 AM
For the most secure, Im gonna grab some self tappers and screw his happy *** down through the factory hole:D