PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Fosgate T1D412 with Kenwood KAC-9105D

USAFradartech
12-07-2012, 02:30 AM
My current setup as of now, waiting to get another sub. Thoughts?

Dtrom
12-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Budget, goal, power?

USAFradartech
12-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Budget, goal, power?

the subs are rated at 800RMS a piece, amp does 500W x 1 @4ohm, 900W x 1 @2ohm.

Budget isnt too big of a issue, just my location at my base in germany restricts me on getting a custom box built and sent over here. My goal is to get the most out of these subs with this amp, just looking for anyones opinion on it.

alec14
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
you don't have a lot of leeway then with your amp, eh?

USAFradartech
12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
you don't have a lot of leeway then with your amp, eh?

ya not too much leeway, im worried about the amp overheating when running it at 1ohm. got the amp from my buddy who was leaving base, its only 4 months old. plan on getting a better one, but for now ill have to work with it

Julian
12-14-2012, 11:14 AM
the subs are rated at 800RMS a piece, amp does 500W x 1 @4ohm, 900W x 1 @2ohm.

Budget isnt too big of a issue, just my location at my base in germany restricts me on getting a custom box built and sent over here. My goal is to get the most out of these subs with this amp, just looking for anyones opinion on it.

What's your job? I just stopped over in Mildenhall not to long ago. Oh, I see now... lol

alec14
12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
ya not too much leeway, im worried about the amp overheating when running it at 1ohm. got the amp from my buddy who was leaving base, its only 4 months old. plan on getting a better one, but for now ill have to work with it

Kenwood's tend to run hot, yes. Just make sure it's not shoved under a seat, and make sure you have airflow around and especially under it.

USAFradartech
12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Kenwood's tend to run hot, yes. Just make sure it's not shoved under a seat, and make sure you have airflow around and especially under it.

Thanks for the tip, sounds like ill be mounting it somewhere else then!

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

What's your job? I just stopped over in Mildenhall not to long ago. Oh, I see now... lol

lol yup radar tech over here at spangdahlem!

alec14
12-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the tip, sounds like ill be mounting it somewhere else then!

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

lol yup radar tech over here at spangdahlem!

haha, no problem. And your amp should be fine at 1 ohm, just make sure your electrical can support it.

USAFradartech
12-16-2012, 12:36 PM
haha, no problem. And your amp should be fine at 1 ohm, just make sure your electrical can support it.

do you suggest upgrading to 0gauge from my battery to amp?

macsdad
12-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't hurt, also the big three in 0/1g.

USAFradartech
12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Wouldn't hurt, also the big three in 0/1g.

big three isnt an option for me, seeing as though i leave this base in 6 months. dont rlly see the point if im selling it that soon. will be definitely doing it on my next car in the states

alec14
12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
do you suggest upgrading to 0gauge from my battery to amp?

If you're only running that one amp on 4 gauge wire right now, there's no need to upgrade to 0 gauge. The 4 gauge will do fine. Unless you add another amp that's about the same as the one you have now, the most you could do is the big 3. But if you don't want any hassle or worry, just leave your amp on 4 gauge.

dhaya6666
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
www.crazycardecors.com check here for the rockford fosgate price. i think this is best price in india . please check abd reply my post. this site is still under construction. after jan1st launching for shopping

dhaya6666
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
if any wrong in this website plss reply me .....

USAFradartech
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
If you're only running that one amp on 4 gauge wire right now, there's no need to upgrade to 0 gauge. The 4 gauge will do fine. Unless you add another amp that's about the same as the one you have now, the most you could do is the big 3. But if you don't want any hassle or worry, just leave your amp on 4 gauge.

Sounds like solid advice. Do you mean the most i should do is big 3? technically i could get a H/O alternator if i was in the states

alec14
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Sounds like solid advice. Do you mean the most i should do is big 3? technically i could get a H/O alternator if i was in the states

No sir, what I'm saying is that if you're going to be just sticking with that amp for now, and not planning on upgrading your equipment anytime soon, then the only electrical upgrade (if you were dead set on doing some electrical upgrade) you would wanna do is the big 3. You don't need to do any electrical upgrade at all right now though, with what you're running. Does that make more sense?

USAFradartech
12-23-2012, 12:14 PM
No sir, what I'm saying is that if you're going to be just sticking with that amp for now, and not planning on upgrading your equipment anytime soon, then the only electrical upgrade (if you were dead set on doing some electrical upgrade) you would wanna do is the big 3. You don't need to do any electrical upgrade at all right now though, with what you're running. Does that make more sense?

yes it does, sorry for the confusion

alec14
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
yes it does, sorry for the confusion

No problem at all. If you need any more help, just ask!

r0llinlacs
02-09-2013, 07:03 PM
The 9105D would be more suited to one T1 at 2 ohms. They are beastly subs and have a much higher thermal power handling than mechanical. It is **** near impossible to blow the voice coil but they will bottom out with enough power. I watched one plugged into a wall socket for 5 minutes straight and it wouldn't blow. Mechanically though, it was done for.