PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Hyundai Accent hatchback spl build

Callingindogs
12-05-2012, 09:24 AM
(the title is an error I meant to write SQL)
I have a couple other posts on this but to me they're too messy and I wanted to start out fresh and make it look neater.

Now currently everything in my car is stock except that I've added two Alpine type R subwoofers powered by a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D amp currently running 0 gauge wire to power the amp.

I've shopped around a bit and changed my choice a few times and raised my "budget" I don't really have one but I guess right now with the rest of the stuff I need I don't want to spend mic more then 2 grand more.

Speakers: (6.5" for doors, 6x9 for deck)
Front: Currently for my front stage I've decided on CDT gold series hd-62US's mounting the regular tweets in their normal position and others on I suppose on the dash (looking for input to properly place the upstage ones)

Back: For the back speakers I've decided on CDT hd-61a's and I'll mount the tweeters on the doors facing towards the middle of the car

Deck: For the deck i've chosen Hd-690cf's for the rear deck which will simply be placed on the rear deck.

Power:

Battery alternator: For now, I'll be upgrading that later on the road after I have everything and I get extra money (I am only 16 so it takes a whole to earn the money from work) but I do plan on buying a high output alternator and high voltage battery

I plan on replacing the amp for the subwoofers to something more powerful later on just so I have the extra power and so I have it powered lower to get a cleaner response then reaching the amps rms limit.

Side doors amp: I purchased a Infinity kaput four class D 4 Chanel amp for my side doors I'll be getting. It'll be wired to 2 ohms giving 150 watts of rms per channel.

Rear deck amp: my rear deck will be powered by a Rockford T400-2 power amp at 2 ohms also giving 240 rms to each speaker but I'll have the amp powere down a little to not go I've the speakers rms power handling.

The heart and soul of it will be a Pioneer DEH-80prs I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with it it seems to be popular on here.

Misc: I will be doing the big 3 with 0 gauge wire, I'll be deadening the doors with 1 most likely 2 layers. I'll be using 16 gauge kicker speaker wiring. I think that's all ill add anything if I forgot anything, any feedback/ suggestions are greatly appreciated (:

mklett33
12-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Nice, now feed us pics! :)

TheUnderFighter
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
The only think I would suggest is not running tweeters in the back seats. Just use a mid-bass if you must, tweets will throw off the sound-staging big time. I know it's not a pure SQ build, but if you're gonna be loud, it might as well sound good too. And I would recommend no speakers in the rear-deck, for better venting. I'm also confused how you have a rear-deck in a hatchback...

Callingindogs
12-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I can put some pictures of the subwoofer and the amp but it'll be a little till I have everything and I was thinking about not adding tweeters in the back, it'll be loud enough to carry to the back anyway, and i know it's not true sq, I wanted something loud but still sounds good. The way there's a deck is basically a piece of molded fabric that goes in the back shelf which covers my subwoofer and amp currently. I'd mount two 6x9's on that and a amp in the middle
The only think I would suggest is not running tweeters in the back seats. Just use a mid-bass if you must, tweets will throw off the sound-staging big time. I know it's not a pure SQ build, but if you're gonna be loud, it might as well sound good too. And I would recommend no speakers in the rear-deck, for better venting. I'm also confused how you have a rear-deck in a hatchback...

TheUnderFighter
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I can put some pictures of the subwoofer and the amp but it'll be a little till I have everything and I was thinking about not adding tweeters in the back, it'll be loud enough to carry to the back anyway, and i know it's not true sq, I wanted something loud but still sounds good. The way there's a deck is basically a piece of molded fabric that goes in the back shelf which covers my subwoofer and amp currently. I'd mount two 6x9's on that and a amp in the middle

I definitely wouldn't mount the 6x9s there then either. Sharing airspace with the subwoofer. More is not better. Quality components up front, and good mid-bass speakers in the back seat. You'll be plenty loud and clear and clean, rest assured.

Callingindogs
12-05-2012, 08:43 PM
what if I put a foam baffle on the bottom? or made a small enclosure attached to the rear deck?
I definitely wouldn't mount the 6x9s there then either. Sharing airspace with the subwoofer. More is not better. Quality components up front, and good mid-bass speakers in the back seat. You'll be plenty loud and clear and clean, rest assured.

TheUnderFighter
12-06-2012, 12:12 AM
what if I put a foam baffle on the bottom? or made a small enclosure attached to the rear deck?

I small enclosure would be ideal if you insisted upon using the 6x9's.

Callingindogs
12-06-2012, 08:53 AM
How big should it be?curious since I'm limited on space in the back, there are some boxes for 6x9's I could put on the top of the woofer box and face them towards the inside on the car, would that be good?
I small enclosure would be ideal if you insisted upon using the 6x9's.

T.I.K.
12-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd scratch the speakers in the rear doors and back deck(?) all together and spend that money on a better front stage and/or sub stage.

Callingindogs
12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
I've thought about it but I couldn't stand not having sound come from the back, before I got my subs the back speakers were really quiet (still are) and it drove me crazy, the only reason I don't mind it as much now is from the sound of the bass filling the car, I guess just me preferably prefer a full sound front and back, I hate that empty feeling
I'd scratch the speakers in the rear doors and back deck(?) all together and spend that money on a better front stage and/or sub stage.

T.I.K.
12-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I've thought about it but I couldn't stand not having sound come from the back, before I got my subs the back speakers were really quiet (still are) and it drove me crazy, the only reason I don't mind it as much now is from the sound of the bass filling the car, I guess just me preferably prefer a full sound front and back, I hate that empty feeling
if that's the case, I would just put some 6.5 drivers back there and no tweeters. I'm too lazy to go look who said it, but having tweeters back there will mess with your sound stage unless you're willing to do a lot of experimenting with positioning and toying with an EQ.

Callingindogs
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah I'm considering no tweeters in the back, I'm not experienced enough to get it and end up not being able to get it right with tweets in the back. Maybe I'll just put the extra money to buy a better driver for the back
if that's the case, I would just put some 6.5 drivers back there and no tweeters. I'm too lazy to go look who said it, but having tweeters back there will mess with your sound stage unless you're willing to do a lot of experimenting with positioning and toying with an EQ.

TheUnderFighter
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM

I had my front and rear speakers amplified equally, and couldn't even hear my back speakers. Just because I had properly aimed and installed front-stage, it made my back door speakers totally pointless. I also think the best way to go about it is NOT having those "rear-deck" speakers, and just using a dedicated mid-bass in the rear doors. However if you do insist upon using the "rear-deck" speakers, you'll be best off creating an enclosure for them. I doubt they'd need much airspace at all. Also a more optimal choice than that, would just be some simple coaxials in the rear doors.
All-in-all, I think the "rear-deck" speakers are an awful idea, but if you're going to do them, at least do them right with an enclosure.

Callingindogs
12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah Ive decided to just simply get mid bass dedicated in the back, if anything I'll just buy the tweeters and cross overs for the back doors, I've also found 6x9 boxes that are small about .23 cubic feet each of airspace, I think at least, should I could with a couple of those? Which way should I face them?
I had my front and rear speakers amplified equally, and couldn't even hear my back speakers. Just because I had properly aimed and installed front-stage, it made my back door speakers totally pointless. I also think the best way to go about it is NOT having those "rear-deck" speakers, and just using a dedicated mid-bass in the rear doors. However if you do insist upon using the "rear-deck" speakers, you'll be best off creating an enclosure for them. I doubt they'd need much airspace at all. Also a more optimal choice than that, would just be some simple coaxials in the rear doors.
All-in-all, I think the "rear-deck" speakers are an awful idea, but if you're going to do them, at least do them right with an enclosure.

nateberrier
12-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah Ive decided to just simply get mid bass dedicated in the back, if anything I'll just buy the tweeters and cross overs for the back doors, I've also found 6x9 boxes that are small about .23 cubic feet each of airspace, I think at least, should I could with a couple of those? Which way should I face them?

6x9s are not designed to be put in boxes. They will sound like ****. Dont do this. If you have to have rear fill just get some coaxial drivers. I would suggest band passing them, but that is probably not in your spectrum if youre considering boxed 6x9s

TheUnderFighter
12-07-2012, 12:16 PM
6x9s are not designed to be put in boxes. They will sound like ****. Dont do this. If you have to have rear fill just get some coaxial drivers. I would suggest band passing them, but that is probably not in your spectrum if youre considering boxed 6x9s

Nate, I thought it was a bad idea for a speaker to be sharing the same airspace that a subwoofer is firing into?

Callingindogs
12-16-2012, 01:37 PM
bump

Callingindogs
12-16-2012, 05:05 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/403752_4706601956732_870717243_n.jpg