PDA

View Full Version : **** rookies! ...wait, I'm a rookie. Baaah!

S!lent
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Yo what's up! Another new rookie member here. From sunny Southern Cali. Lookin to learn a lot, hopefully make use of the classifieds, and build a system in my ride, from a more educated point of view.

Messed with car audio in high school for the most part, but no one really knew what they were doing, mostly plug n play, trial n error type stuff. Things were easy to get as much as we broke stuff, we used to just buy equipment for real cheap from the jackers (just mainstream brands)..other than that its been almost a decade and now I'm trying to get a system hooked up.

I've spent the last month researching this forum as well as some others, and I've been introduced to plenty brands that I've never heard of (I'm sure I'm not the only one). I'm probably going to go with one of these brands for my first venture, gettin me a sub.

2007 Camry SE 4cyl. I do use my trunk, so I have to be mindful of that. Been looking a lil more into the Sundown E or the SSA DCON..one 10 or 12...but nothing set in stone.

Enough rambling. Peace!

Sonic.
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome, the ssa dcon is a very nice entry level sub.

jockhater2
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Yo what's up! Another new rookie member here. From sunny Southern Cali. Lookin to learn a lot, hopefully make use of the classifieds, and build a system in my ride, from a more educated point of view.

Messed with car audio in high school for the most part, but no one really knew what they were doing, mostly plug n play, trial n error type stuff. Things were easy to get as much as we broke stuff, we used to just buy equipment for real cheap from the jackers (just mainstream brands)..other than that its been almost a decade and now I'm trying to get a system hooked up.

I've spent the last month researching this forum as well as some others, and I've been introduced to plenty brands that I've never heard of (I'm sure I'm not the only one). I'm probably going to go with one of these brands for my first venture, gettin me a sub.

2007 Camry SE 4cyl. I do use my trunk, so I have to be mindful of that. Been looking a lil more into the Sundown E or the SSA DCON..one 10 or 12...but nothing set in stone.

Enough rambling. Peace!
princ3cmo ;
dude. he has a camry!

Imtjnotu
12-02-2012, 09:04 PM
where in san diego are u.....

Why So Cereal?
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
princ3cmo ;
dude. he has a camry!

OMGZZZZZ!!! Coolest noob evar!!

S!lent
12-03-2012, 04:05 AM
OMGZZZZZ!!! Coolest noob evar!!
Hahaha! You are already good in my book!

where in san diego are u.....
Mira Mesa. What about you...

Bettr n' Revrse
12-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Anything else done already?

S!lent
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Head unit: Sony CDX-GT740UI

Wiring: Rockford Fosgate Renegade amp kit (4 Gauge)...wired to nothing at the moment

Dtrom
12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome sir. :santa:

Full Tilt
12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Head unit: Sony CDX-GT740UI

I'm running the CDX-GT565UP - very similar units. How do you likes yours?

P.S. Welcome to CA.com!

gckless
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Camry!

S!lent
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm definitely happy with that unit. Thinking of a possible upgrade to a DD, but that'll probably be the last thing I do, so it'll still be in my ride for some time.

mylows10
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
op i have a dd 1508 in a 4th order box for sale if interested

Imtjnotu
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Hahaha! You are already good in my book!

Mira Mesa. What about you...
i grew up in mira mesa...went to mira mesa high then transfered to scripps....i live in la mesa now

S!lent
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
I used to go to the Jolt n Joe's in La Mesa a lot haha