PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Mid bass driver for the money ?

TheLittleRhino
11-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I have heard of the Crescendo pwx, the Sundown Neos, and seleniums. Just looking to put two 8s on each door panel and looking for some *** for my ears. If you know of a nice set a tweeters to run with these guys, say it cause i am in need of tweeeter ideas as well

Dtrom
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I'd do the crescendo mids and crescendo ft1 tweets.

rebelfromva
11-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Check out aq if you'd consider a 6.5" mid

Imtjnotu
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
look at the exodus anarchy if u have the space

jockhater2
I have heard of the Crescendo pwx, the Sundown Neos, and seleniums. Just looking to put two 8s on each door panel and looking for some *** for my ears. If you know of a nice set a tweeters to run with these guys, say it cause i am in need of tweeeter ideas as well

The best thing you can do is seal/deaden the car and the doors first. A really high end set of speakers will not sound there best in a leaky door.
keep_hope_alive ;

Fi-brations
many ppl like the peerless sls 8"

jockhater2
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components (http://www.parts-express.com)
Order some raw drivers. It is much cheaper and the selection and the choice is MUCH BETTER.

quackhead
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components (http://www.parts-express.com)
Order some raw drivers. It is much cheaper and the selection and the choice is MUCH BETTER.

I was just checking out this..:
Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Co 295-512 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-512)

jockhater2
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I was just checking out this..:
Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer 2 ohm Per Co 295-512 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-512)

I ordered my new front stage from parts express.
all based off of keep_hope_alive's choice.

TaylorFade
11-29-2012, 09:07 PM
You alluded to PA drivers. Do you want the best or the loudest?

I ordered my new front stage from parts express.
all based off of keep_hope_alive's choice.

What did you go with?

TheLittleRhino
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM

Well i would like a mixture of them. I want it to sound good, but i also want it to get loud as hell..

[QUOTE=rebelfromva;8236363]Check out aq if you'd consider a 6.5" mid

Have you heard them in person ?

rebelfromva
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=TaylorFade;8236434]You alluded to PA drivers. Do you want the best or the loudest?

Well i would like a mixture of them. I want it to sound good, but i also want it to get loud as hell..

I have the tweets now and ordering mids soon. I have not heard them personally but have talked to several people and they had nothing but good things to say about them.

jockhater2
11-29-2012, 09:35 PM

What did you go with?

2 dayton RS 225 8" midbass
2 dayton RS100 4" fullrange
and I already owned a pair of Morel MDT 29 tweets that I got from parts express.

Keep hope told me to put my money towards deadening my doors and sealing them.

NoLoud4U
11-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Do you want real mid bass or a midrange that will bearlly play below 100hz?

TheLittleRhino
11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Do you want real mid bass or a midrange that will bearlly play below 100hz?

I am ready for some big boy mid bass haha

whitedragon551
11-29-2012, 10:43 PM
and I already owned a pair of Morel MDT 29 tweets that I got from parts express.

Great setup. I almost went with that too. There was a set on DIYMA for sale.

OP anything you pick pro audio will sound like crap. Its meant to get loud as balls, but not sound good doing it.

jockhater2
11-29-2012, 10:55 PM

OP anything you pick pro audio will sound like crap. Its meant to get loud as balls, but not sound good doing it.

I Pm'd the guy about them. But he sold them already.
I am looking forward to getting to hear it.
I have never ran components, I have never ran active or off of a mids/high amp.
and I have never had my doors deadened and stuffed with foam.

Should be a HUGE difference.

TheLittleRhino
11-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Well do you have any suggestions what to run then ? I would like lots of midbass so atleast a couple drivers per door. I can fiberglass so the
panels should look decent.. i hope haha

NoLoud4U
11-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Well do you have any suggestions what to run then ? I would like lots of midbass so atleast a couple drivers per door. I can fiberglass so the
panels should look decent.. i hope haha

Make sure the mid basses are set solid. Some have some muscle behind them. I had to weld in cross braces for mine, they tried to tear the door apart

mylows10
11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
cdt makes some really nice mid bas drivers in a 8" also

wickedwitt
11-30-2012, 12:04 AM
look at the exodus anarchy if u have the space

Can't. stop. staring. at. your. avatar.

Cute is an understatement for that chick.

TheLittleRhino
11-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Sooo are you guys saying i should just go with a couple nice component sets ??

mlstrass
11-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Sooo are you guys saying i should just go with a couple nice component sets ??

I've installed the nendo's, AQ's, seleniums, ect....so I have experience with all of them.

What do you mean by midbass? Do you want something that plays down very low or are you looking to get VERY loud and keep up with a loud substage?

Out of what you mentioned the PWX's have the most midbass punch. The AQ's have decent midbass and get quite loud. The seleniums have solid punch and get the loudest out of all of them.

mlstrass
11-30-2012, 06:04 AM

Then why do they use PA stuff at concerts, small venues, ect...?

I hear this crap all the time. If it truly sounded "that" bad then it would NOT be used anywhere.

Dayton combo is proven, but probably not what the OP is looking for.

Bettr n' Revrse
11-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Your looking at pro audio and ear sexz? :eyebrow:

trumpet
11-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Then why do they use PA stuff at concerts, small venues, ect...?

I hear this crap all the time. If it truly sounded "that" bad then it would NOT be used anywhere.

Where do you think the term "PA" or "pro audio" came from? I agree that it doesn't make sense to make the blanket statement that PA speakers for the car won't sound good. They're starting to get used very successfully in sound quality competition, or so I've been seeing online.

TheLittleRhino
11-30-2012, 03:56 PM

I am considering doing this right here. Looks like it would sound great. I am just worried if i get a tweeter without a grill it's going to get beat up

keep_hope_alive
11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Midbass response is determined by the install more than anything else. As long as response goes down to 50Hz.

jockhater2
12-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I am considering doing this right here. Looks like it would sound great. I am just worried if i get a tweeter without a grill it's going to get beat up

I haven't put it in yet. But it was suggested to me by the guy above.
Except the tweeters. I already own them for over a year.
Find some tweeters on parts express. Just remember. Everything is sold individually.

jockhater2
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM

I haven't put it in yet. But it was suggested to me by the guy above.
Except the tweeters. I already own them for over a year.
Find some tweeters on parts express. Just remember. Everything is sold individually.

TheLittleRhino
12-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Midbass response is determined by the install more than anything else. As long as response goes down to 50Hz.

Delete your pm's

knotdrummer88
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=TaylorFade;8236434]You alluded to PA drivers. Do you want the best or the loudest?

I have the aq 6.5's and I love them. Theyre great for the price, and they get fvcking loud too. I had two of mine hooked up to my power bass 100.4 just to see how they sounded and I was very impressed. Right now Im doing my door panels for two in each door plus aq's super tweets in each door was well.

keep_hope_alive
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Delete your pm's

yep. apparently a mailbox of 1,000 isn't enough!