PDA

View Full Version : Shadiness with Montana

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 02:35 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/557257-trade-between-montana-ssteele18-2.html

We decided to trade, my amps for his PS3.

After coming to an agreement, we decided we'd ship same day. I shipped, he "got busy" and proceeded to ignore my texts for about 3 days(or more). I finally got ahold of him and heard a sob story about how he isnt sure how things on here work and he just didnt wanna get screwed. So he offered if I allowed him to wait to ship until he recieved mine, he would ship 2nd day air AND put in $20 for being a ****. My package ended up being returned bc of a shipment problem and was shipped back out by USPS same day. He asked if I would prefer 2nd day air plus original $20 in box that we agreed upon, or if I would wait for standard shipping plus more cash. I agreed for the latter and upon delivery, absolutely no cash in box.

I sent texts, called, PMed, tagged on the forum.. No response until tonight at http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/561812-so-one-time-2.html and he proceeds to make a joke out of it.

Be warned.

Jes 42
11-29-2012, 02:48 AM
dam thats messed up.hopefully something gets resolved and you get made right ssteele18 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/member.php?u=1016074)

Durango03
11-29-2012, 02:48 AM
sorry you got taken for a ride, but thanks for the heads up

kushy_dreams
11-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Montana ;

Sub Bass Woofrz
11-29-2012, 02:55 AM
@gaytana

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 02:56 AM
dam thats messed up.hopefully something gets resolved and you get made right ssteele18 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/member.php?u=1016074)

sorry you got taken for a ride, but thanks for the heads up

Thanks guys... Against my better judgement, I gave way too many chances.

ace_800
11-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Montana ; won't show up here unless it's to this one time....

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Montana ; won't show up here unless it's to this one time....

It's sad to see how immature some are on here.. I feel like you should have to pass a test before being a member. "Master of the Dome"? Really?

Montana
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Ring leader of the Dome**

:bigwave:

cdc351jeferson
11-29-2012, 02:10 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/557257-trade-between-montana-ssteele18-2.html

We decided to trade, my amps for his PS3.

After coming to an agreement, we decided we'd ship same day. I shipped, he "got busy" and proceeded to ignore my texts for about 3 days(or more). I finally got ahold of him and heard a sob story about how he isnt sure how things on here work and he just didnt wanna get screwed. So he offered if I allowed him to wait to ship until he recieved mine, he would ship 2nd day air AND put in $20 for being a ****. My package ended up being returned bc of a shipment problem and was shipped back out by USPS same day. He asked if I would prefer 2nd day air plus original $20 in box that we agreed upon, or if I would wait for standard shipping plus more cash. I agreed for the latter and upon delivery, absolutely no cash in box.

I sent texts, called, PMed, tagged on the forum.. No response until tonight at http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/561812-so-one-time-2.html and he proceeds to make a joke out of it.

Be warned.

is he speakign the truth you sent him a bogus amp that goes into protect without being up front about it ?

chargdbassbuick
11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
**** good thing i didnt trade my xd 8s for the amp your talking about op

Montana
11-29-2012, 02:16 PM
**** good thing i didnt trade my xd 8s for the amp your talking about op

You would of gotten one of the two working ones I had.. as you can see I sent my items in working condition.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/561669-320gb-ps3-slim-w-extras.html

chargdbassbuick
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
You would of gotten one of the two working ones I had.. as you can see I sent my items in working condition.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/561669-320gb-ps3-slim-w-extras.html
sounds good, but dont want to get caught up in someone else bad deal.

Montana
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
sounds good, but dont want to get caught up in someone else bad deal.

No bad deal, just a butt sore Karate kid who penny pinches.

I'd be butt sore to if I didn't have money to eat. :|

SourDeez
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Wait, are we t akling about Hannah Montana

Timmy13091
11-29-2012, 02:26 PM

Karte kid stays full ..
Op just a Lil biaaaatch seems like ... Just sayin a dub bro when ur amps look like they came outta Freddy crugers ride... Kick rocks ya bum i burn away dubs all day long ... And u talk about him being young .. Yet ur hurting over a dub ur a bum!

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 02:35 PM
is he speakign the truth you sent him a bogus amp that goes into protect without being up front about it ?

NO. I had the same kind of amp in MY car at the time he got the 2 I sent him. I had hooked both of his up, no problems, no protect, no dust, before I sent them. When he got it he told me one was in protect. Having this problem myself with MY amp because of low voltage at times, I was helping him troubleshoot. The amp in protect I mentioned was MINE, not his. So no, I had no knowledge of anything being wrong with the amp, and after giving him some ideas to troubleshoot and never hearing anything back, I assumed he got things straightened out. If he would have FREAKING RESPONDED to messages, I would have gladly had him ship the faulty amp back. I dont deal like that, I aint gonna knowingly screw anyone over.

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 02:37 PM

I could care less if I'm homeless on the street, I still would never treat people the way you treat people. With -$20 in my bank account, I would still find money to ship the faulty amp back IF you would have told me there was still problems. I cant fix anything if I dont know its broke. You should have responded instead of me thinking you just had a connection problem. But once again, you wanna act like a little child until it comes and bites you.

VWGolfMKVI
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
you have already replied

skylineTT
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
you have already replied

He just explained it a few posts up

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Lol.. Karate kid..? This is what a feedback thread comes to? When you're the one that gets screwed by this guy(since he obviously makes a mockery of everything), I'll say I told you so. Unlike him, I'll make my deal right.

Dirtrider4eva
11-29-2012, 03:12 PM
so whats the problem? i just hear bichin

Dirtrider4eva
11-29-2012, 03:12 PM

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 03:16 PM

In a nutshell, Montana scammed.
If and when he is ever back on here, if he decides he'd like to tell me there is a problem with the amp still instead of trying to sell it to someone else, I'll get it returned. He scammed long before there was any knowledge of faulty equipment on either end.

Dirtrider4eva
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
In a nutshell, Montana scammed.
If and when he is ever back on here, if he decides he'd like to tell me there is a problem with the amp still instead of trying to sell it to someone else, I'll get it returned. He scammed long before there was any knowledge of faulty equipment on either end.

whatd he scam though?
send faulty product? lack of something?

SourDeez
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
So wait, you got the PS3 but you didnt get a $20 with it in the box?

04murdalanche
11-29-2012, 03:25 PM

thats what i got from it, all i got from it.. lol

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
whatd he scam though?
send faulty product? lack of something?

Correct. Read the whole thread.
He scammed me into shipping first. I should have done something then. He then promised more than $20 in the box($20 was with 2nd day air, not ground) if I allowed him to wait til he got the amps. He shipped without any cash in the box prior to testing them(why, idk) and after testing them he realized one was in protect. I told him it worked when I tested it and to make sure all his grounds were good and such. I texted over and over with no response. I assumed he figured it out. I finally find him on here in the Dome, since he wouldnt respond about the cash in box, and called him out. I find out today, the amp still doesnt work.
Aside from him scamming me before he ever got the amps, I still will accept a return. I dont sell knowingly broken stuff.

SourDeez
11-29-2012, 03:33 PM
So.. you got the PS3.. he didnt scam you, he just didnt give you the 20 bucks? Big deal dude drop it.. its 20$

Jes 42
11-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Sh it...cant read

pro-rabbit
11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
So why in none of his for sale or trade threads does the guy mention that one of the amps is in protect?? i call BS...would think that would be important to the buyer or trader

He claims to have 3 amps. 2 in perfect working order and the one that is in protect.

Jes 42
11-29-2012, 03:56 PM
He claims to have 3 amps. 2 in perfect working order and the one that is in protect.

i didnt see that in any of them..i could be wrong.my apologies if i am

SourDeez
11-29-2012, 04:11 PM
i didnt see that in any of them..i could be wrong.my apologies if i am

You probably are

Jes 42
11-29-2012, 04:27 PM
You probably are

all good then

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
So.. you got the PS3.. he didnt scam you, he just didnt give you the 20 bucks? Big deal dude drop it.. its 20$

Umm.. If its part if the deal? Yes, it is. And no, $20 isn't a huge deal. I don't expect to ever see it. It's the point of him scamming to get me to ship first and one thing after another to still not hold up his end of the bargain that I'm trying to prevent from happening to anyone else. Who knows how much it will be for the next person.

alec14
11-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Umm.. If its part if the deal? Yes, it is. And no, $20 isn't a huge deal. I don't expect to ever see it. It's the point of him scamming to get me to ship first and one thing after another to still not hold up his end of the bargain that I'm trying to prevent from happening to anyone else. Who knows how much it will be for the next person.

true. it's a simple matter of just communication. If the amp is in protect, he could even use the $20 he didn't send you to ship it back... simple as that

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 05:09 PM
true. it's a simple matter of just communication. If the amp is in protect, he could even use the $20 he didn't send you to ship it back... simple as that

Lol that would imply that he ever planned on sending the $20..
But no, I don't deal like that.. I'll even pay to have it shipped back, bc I don't want any negativity with things I sell or trade. If I would have known it was messed up, I'd have never traded it. If I would've known it was gonna be like this, I never would've traded with HIM either.

SourDeez
11-29-2012, 05:13 PM

Not part of the original deal?

I dont get it. You both got your items. Why is there a thread over 20$?

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Not part of the original deal?

I dont get it. You both got your items. Why is there a thread over 20$?

It's a thread over scamming, regardless of the amount.

alec14
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
I see the issue, and OP does have a right to be mad. But it's probably better to just remember who screwed you over and try and tip off others, rather than continue to be outright pissed.

ssteele18
11-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I see the issue, and OP does have a right to be mad. But it's probably better to just remember who screwed you over and try and tip off others, rather than continue to be outright pissed.

I'm not even mad man.. I'm just disappointed that even after beaming over backwards to cut this guy some slack, he still sticks it to me. So yes, be warned. Just understand who you're dealing with.