PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3 way components

rgiorgio
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I have installed a very nice system in my 2011 GMC Yukon but i am not happy with my 3 way front stage i have installed. I am looking at replacing it but have some issues. I was sold on the
Focal KRX3 but i am afraid of having too much highs and not enough mid bass and bass to balance it out with the metal tweeter and 3 inch mid. Looking at the Rainbows, i now read about the Dynaudios, DLS and so many more. With a JL Stealthbox, my bass is not much to talk about. Its there to hoperfully balance the system. So i am not looking for the brightest or harshest sounding front stage. I am looking for detail, clarity and volume. The new Zapco Z-150.6 amp can handle any of them. I am looking for a concert hall in truck for years of enjoyment.

mylows10
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Also look at cdt. I'm a dealer for them and Dls. Also I'm doing a sale now til fri

trumpet
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you have any pictures of the install? What did you do for sound deadening? If the acoustic treatments are lacking that's where I would start first to increase your midbass, not replacing speakers. A good 3-way front stage can sound sublime, but it's not a freebie just for buying good quality speakers. Tuning can go a long way to making an OK system sound 10x better.

Do you have a DSP?

Kingstroker
11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sold on Linear Power amps and Blues Audio 6.5" components. Heard them, incredible bass, sound like a sub, tweet aren't harsh, very balanced. Got 2 kids in college so out of my price range

rgiorgio
11-22-2012, 01:26 AM
At trumpet: The whole vehicle has been sound deadened with dynamt. Floors and doors. We tuned as much as we could with Audiocontrol DQXS. Just seems the tweeter is breaking up too easy at high volume. The 5 1/4 in the 3 way is paper, while very efficient, it seem to break up too soon also. Just want a matched 3 way. I seem to be leaning away from Focal for the brightness. I am starting to really like the Hertz Mille double woofer driver 3 way. The Rainbow Double woofer 3 way is also very interesting. I really like the rainbow, lots of detail and impact, but seems to be missing the depth i am looking for. Hertz seems to be it. Thinking i can fit woofer and mid in kick panel, with other woofer and tweet in factory locations. Thoughts? If i go with Hertz, thinking about changing out JL sub in stealthbox with Hertz ES F25.5. It s a pain to do it. Worth it?
At Kingstroker: Blues Audio look impressive but i am set on a 3 way system.