PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wire Inputs

bgowdy31
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
ive read around and researched dual inputs. i found something and was wondering if this would work the same way IF i could fit 2 wires in it. Not saying im going to buy it just curious.

Stinger SHT206 Oval 1/0 Gauge to Standard 1/0 Gauge Adaptor (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22084_Stinger-SHT206.html)

Thanks.....................

cdc351jeferson
11-20-2012, 08:06 PM
think thats for the weird flat power cable . unless thats what your running i wouldnt mess with trying to cram 2 in there wont fit

bgowdy31
11-20-2012, 08:10 PM
think thats for the weird flat power cable . unless thats what your running i wouldnt mess with trying to cram 2 in there wont fit

trust me... i could make it fit with out breaking it lol..... im just curious tho. i mean the whole dont really look that small, plus wire can be pressed kinda flat anyway. the wire that would go in is actually just a 2awg but its 100% copper ofc,and and would only be like 1.5ft long....

cdc351jeferson
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
trust me... i could make it fit with out breaking it lol..... im just curious tho. i mean the whole dont really look that small, plus wire can be pressed kinda flat anyway. the wire that would go in is actually just a 2awg but its 100% copper ofc,and and would only be like 1.5ft long....

yeah those would probally fit in there.

bgowdy31
11-20-2012, 09:15 PM
yeah those would probally fit in there.

well i acutally just came from lunch break. i asked one of my teammates and they said it really would not be that benefiting to do it this way. i asked him if it would work to just run both wires directly into the amps power terminal, which would be the same concept as me buying this adapter. he said it would help a little but would not be getting the full potential of both wires

Kangaroux
11-20-2012, 09:42 PM
If you want some legit inputs SPLaudio; can make you some

bgowdy31
11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
If you want some legit inputs SPLaudio; can make you some

i know some here local that makes them, i was just curious. and i guess i dont completly understand how they help

Kangaroux
11-20-2012, 09:53 PM
i know some here local that makes them, i was just curious. and i guess i dont completly understand how they help

As the amount of current being pulled through the wire reaches its limit, heat starts to rise and thus resistance rises as well. The idea behind dual inputs is that your wire isn't bottlenecking your amp, so by doing 2 or more wires into one terminal you limit that amount of heat and resistance buildup and thus gain efficiency

bgowdy31
11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
As the amount of current being pulled through the wire reaches its limit, heat starts to rise and thus resistance rises as well. The idea behind dual inputs is that your wire isn't bottlenecking your amp, so by doing 2 or more wires into one terminal you limit that amount of heat and resistance buildup and thus gain efficiency

hm, ok that makes sense i was reading but on google i can only see so much until our internet blocker blocks everything lol

SPLaudio
11-21-2012, 08:15 AM
alot of amps back 2-3yrs ago have single input and pull 300+ amps and need more juice. it mostly came from competition where getting every 10th mattered...