PDA

View Full Version : ? about box calculator / tune

Waxmyjmy
11-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Hey I ran across this www. Hometheatershack web site while searching for box calculators as I am trying to figure out what to build in my truck. Has anyone used this place by any chance. I am curious how accurate it is.

Also. This may be a noob question but after I figure up my box and port volume how do I determine what the box is tuned to per say. J ust because I have the correct overall volume in my box with the port does it mean it's to the correct specs. On the sa 8 it wants .5-.75 for ported witch of those would be more for sq - spl Is this .75 ported for spl and the .5 for sq

I have always been told to tune my box in the 30s but how is that number determined thanks for any help. I am trying to learn the correct ways on how to do the box building

butterMilk
11-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Does this help at all?

Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Fraction to Decimal, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Calculators (http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp)

Waxmyjmy
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Ok after more searching I found on another site I select my speaker perameters and what not it tells me the length of my port to make a certain 35 hz - 40hz I enter
Box volume and hz i desire and what not

What do I do if i can not get the .75 the speaker diagram shows with the area I have to build my box can i go to a .9ft3 or would that be bad. Thanks for the site above I'm sure it will come in handy on my journey

neonblack
11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Your sub manual tells you what to tune the enclosure to. If you use a different size box than what the manual states then your port length is going to change.

Waxmyjmy
11-20-2012, 10:27 PM
The manual say .5-.75 ported the smallest i can make tuning 35hz is like .9 I didn't know if that would be bad since they suggest .75