PDA

View Full Version : box design 2 kicker L7 15 Help

Pauly187
11-17-2012, 10:39 PM
hi people! need plans for a box build for the 2 speakers listed above! it will be going in the back of a f150 extended cab pickup! plan is to fold the back seats down and place the box ontop of that! i have no idea as to how to tune a box or design it but i can build it! i messured my space availiable and am wanting to have the subs and ports firing up! specs are as follows
25inch deep (box will be facing up this way i can achieve this depth)
56inch long (legth of the cab of the truck)
17inch high (this way i can still somewhat recline my seats against the box)
i would like the ports in the middle and tuned to 34 hrz
is there anyone on this forum who can design this box for me?
or anyone here local next to me San Diego CA who can design and build it?
im thinking after its all said and done i will have 5 cubes per sub?
what do you think?

Pauly187
11-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Also my goal with this box is spl! A kicker zx2500.1 will be used as the power source! I am will to pay for a box design using the measurements given.

akheathen
11-18-2012, 07:34 AM
well, does it have to be square? i'm sure you could do a rhombus shape, to allow your seats to recline and get more cu. you want to net 12cu before sub displacement, plus port, and materials, like bracing. i would suggest 75"^2 port area per chamber.

Pauly187
11-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Well I am open to ideas but I have no idea as to even begin one of thoes boxes! So unless there's someone next to me a basic square slot ported box will have to do

mklett33
11-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Well I am open to ideas but I have no idea as to even begin one of thoes boxes! So unless there's someone next to me a basic square slot ported box will have to do

Since it sounds like you are doing a more advanced shape it may be difficult to find someone to create a box for you, its just hard when you dont have all the measurements that are truly needed. Box design is actually very easy. Take a look at one of the resources in this section: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/560833-about-make-thread-about-box-design-read-first.html