PDA

View Full Version : JVC Arsenal line.

Vecticus
11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I was wondering if JVC's Arsenal HU line was any good. The one I have posted in my sig is the one I am looking at. I have read great reviews on this HU as it does very well navigating through a large flash drive. It has DTA and a 5 band parametric EQ another +1. DSP is good too. I've always run Kenwood Excelons and Alpines so I just need some reassurance on the Arsenal line before I purchase. Only reason I am going away from my preferred brands is the looks of this HU. I LOVE it.

Vecticus
11-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow. 27 views and no input's. You swear these people don't have hands to type with.

Montana
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Wow. 27 views and no input's. You swear these people don't have hands to type with.

Nobody want's to help someone who has nothing but rude things to say.

I am going to pass on input on this thread.

Vecticus
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Nobody want's to help someone who has nothing but rude things to say.

I am going to pass on input on this thread.

I guess you had nothing to say to begin with. Otherwise you would have before my last post.
Maybe you can help me figure out what was rude. Glad you have hands!

Montana
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I guess you had nothing to say to begin with. Otherwise you would have before my last post.
Maybe you can help me figure out what was rude. Glad you have hands!

The only reason I saw it was because it popped up on the news feed, I saw "JVC Arsenal line" and thought to come give my two cents on that line.

No thanks.

I'm sure you'll find your answers... sometime.
:fro:

West
11-17-2012, 10:35 PM
There are very few people on this forum that run JVC anything. The general consensus is to stay away from anything JVC...
Add sony to the stay away list as well.

Vecticus
11-17-2012, 10:56 PM
There are very few people on this forum that run JVC anything. The general consensus is to stay away from anything JVC...
Add sony to the stay away list as well.

I was afraid you would say that. I knew Sony had a bad rep but this HU seemed to have some pretty stout features. I have an Excelon KDC-X996 but last time I had it hooked up I had some issues when the DSP was turned on. Played fine when it was turned off.

West
11-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I was afraid you would say that. I knew Sony had a bad rep but this HU seemed to have some pretty stout features. I have an Excelon KDC-X996 but last time I had it hooked up I had some issues when the DSP was turned on. Played fine when it was turned off.

I am basing this purely on brand reputation... Might be ok. Sony has not impressed me lately though (pretty much everything they make).

Louisiana_CRX
11-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Jvc has some nice decks overall they seem pretty solid... I own several and haven't had any issues

Vecticus
11-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Jvc has some nice decks overall they seem pretty solid... I own several and haven't had any issues

Have you checked out the one I'm talking about?

myjaja
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Im pretty sure its not a bad hu. Whats your price range?

serjr711.
11-17-2012, 11:57 PM
JVC Mobile Entertainment \ KW-R900BT - KW-R900BT \ Introduction (http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029017&pathId=148&page=1)
I have this deck and love it. Love the bt streaming, 5v pre outs, 3-way crossover, and the oem look of it.

Vecticus
11-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Im pretty sure its not a bad hu. Whats your price range?

Well, It's not so much that I have a price range. I'm just trying to find a clean HU with Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC, steering wheel controls, Ipod controls, preferably multi color display, and time alignmet. Below it will be the Arc-IDX- and below that I would like to put a 7 band parametric EQ. I like the look of LOTS of controls.

myjaja
11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Well, It's not so much that I have a price range. I'm just trying to find a clean HU with Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC, steering wheel controls, Ipod controls, preferably multi color display, and time alignmet. Below it will be the Arc-IDX- and below that I would like to put a 7 band parametric EQ. I like the look of LOTS of controls.

Then why not the pioneer 80prs which also has a 16 band eq? Thats a much better hu.

Vecticus
11-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Because it's everything in one. Then im stuck with a crappy looking pocket in my dash. I want to fill it with out using a double din. I wan't my dash to look sophisticated with controls.

zako
11-20-2012, 08:19 AM
a 5 band parametric EQ another +1. DSP is good too. I've always run Kenwood Excelons and Alpines so I just need some reassurance on the Arsenal line before I purchase. Only reason I am going away from my preferred brands is the looks of this HU. I LOVE it.

Equalizer is parametric is when you can select band frequency. Skimming through the manual posted on Crutchfield, this does not appear to be the case. This is just to nitpick. One head unit that will beat this JVC on audio tuning features, for the same or lower price, is Clarion CZ702. The later has active front stage capability and true parametric equalizer. If you don't care for those features, then I guess JVC could be ok. Looking at features, it looks like a decent unit. It still has time alignment and 6 channel 5V pre-amp output. I can't comment on quality and feel. It may be a good idea to drop by a Best Buy display board to see if you can find this or similar JVC head unit there.

zako
11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
JVC Mobile Entertainment \ KW-R900BT - KW-R900BT \ Introduction (http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029017&pathId=148&page=1)
I have this deck and love it. Love the bt streaming, 5v pre outs, 3-way crossover, and the oem look of it.

Good stereo, but 3-way crossover is when you can run an active front stage, e.g. high pass an individual tweeter or band-pass a woofer. AFAIK, this unit can't do that.

Vecticus
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Good stereo, but 3-way crossover is when you can run an active front stage, e.g. high pass an individual tweeter or band-pass a woofer. AFAIK, this unit can't do that.

I'm aware. If you read my sig you see I have a 3 way crossover. I'm actually thinking about going with an 80PRS and ditching the 3 way active crossover.