PDA

View Full Version : need an experienced designer for 4th order

Bumpin Jetta
11-17-2012, 09:32 AM
sup guys, thanks for checkin the thread. not new to car audio, or box building. but i do have limited experience with 4th orders. well, make that no experience. so i am looking for someone who can design one based on my dimension available, if even possible to make it work.

the car: 2006 jetta mkv
the subs: 2x audioque hdc3 10's (just ordered)
the powa: autotek 2000.1d (should be here tuesday)

looking to port through the rear deck with a couple aeros or one large aero. not sure if it even possible to make it work in my trunk without bulding it in the car. which i will not do. i know 80inches was big on 4th orders and was hella good at designing them. anyone else have a good track record? this is a daily vehicle. no comps for me. just rockin out with my AQ's out. listen to a good range of music. mostly hip hop and rock though.

4OZGLOVES
11-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Pretty sure those subs won't work very well in a 4th due to how stiff they are. I would do a regular ported box forward firing sealed from the trunk with lots of port area.

Flastrongman
11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
you're in ft myers? Hit me up

RangerDangerV2
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
6th order....

Bumpin Jetta
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Can't seal off the trunk. Need my seats up at all times. Anyone else think the AQ's won't work well?

Julian
11-17-2012, 01:45 PM
are you sure you would have enough space for 2 10's in a 4th order? I would say atleast 6 cubes overall would be likely.

Jroo
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I cant speak for the subs you have, but I have had 2 4th designs. My first was from 80 inches and the second following some info Fallen gave me. In both cases I wanted a musical box. I am not a guy who meters or does contests. I always like the sound of sealed boxes but wanted more output. In both cases my boxes didnt come out to be half as big as some guys were telling me they needed to be. Some of the ratios and box sized arent right depending on your goals. These 3:1 and 4:1 ratio and 7 cube boxes are sometimes way out of line for your goals. My last box ended up being under 3 cube for a pair of 10's in a 4th, but being loud as **** wasnt my goal. Just pick a good designer.

cyn
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
get in touch with Mobile Enclosures, Pro-Rabbit, Buck Designs etc..