PDA

View Full Version : does any vendor sell/stock spare sub parts cheap?

akheathen
11-16-2012, 05:58 AM
like title states. i think there might be a decent customer base for re-cone raw parts. it seems i have to search hard to get parts, or go through someone who can get them. a real pita. even ebay is hard pressed to come up with something worth buying, and when they do, it's usually too high priced, and/or you cannot find other matching components. like, you can't come close to putting together a good recone.

rebelfromva
11-16-2012, 06:02 AM
SPLaudio ;

SPLaudio
11-16-2012, 06:59 AM
99% the time i wont sell raw parts, unless i know the person and know they have the skills to build. think i have 2 x...

RangerDangerV2
11-16-2012, 07:42 AM
hispls ; he is the bro.

hispls
11-16-2012, 09:55 AM
hispls ; he is the bro.

Don't lump me into this!

OP, you need to either contact factories and buy things in big bulk or find a company that's friendly about selling you raw components (which is somewhat rare). Also if you lurk forums enough all kinds of softparts come up for sale.

RangerDangerV2
11-16-2012, 04:22 PM
atomic will sell you straight soft parts...

akheathen
11-18-2012, 09:06 AM
i check threads just about every day, and the only time i can find parts i need, they are real high pricing. i'm begining to think that, if a vendor doesn't step forward, i might just search out suppliers for bulk orders. i don't like having to take the runaround and/or beg for spare parts. once a year, i have capitol for such investments. all i expect from softparts is that they are within spec and useable, just like any other part you buy. if i do choose to go this way, i would have to do it to sell, and only provide such warrenty. you install it and it doesn't work right, i'll be happy to sell another. that's it. if it shows up at your door, and it is defective, send it back for replacement.

it's just, every time i get to cleaning my shop, i keep looking at all the subs i have stacked everywhere that i should be putting back to good use.

dbjunior
11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I get a lot from sundown for good pricing. Although coils are a bit harder to source if your picky like me. psi has good selection of coils but you pay a lot for them. PIERCE audio will sell parts but customer service is iffy.