PDA

View Full Version : Need help with double din Head Unit selection.

Ramit
11-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi, I was wondering if there is a double din HU out there that delivers exceptional sound quality as well as the perks of having the larger screen and navigation if possible. I am leaning towards a pioneer HU only because I've owned them before and love the sound. Sound quality is my priority, second would be ipod connectivity and then navigation and siriusXM. Would I get really good quality of sound from the AVIC-Z140BH? Say in comparison to the 80PRS? Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

NFrazier
11-13-2012, 04:12 PM
I personally have the Z and I love it, but it is not going to be anywhere near the sound quality of the PRS unit. The Alpine S920HD is a great unit as well and offers a lot adjustability than the Z even though I feel overall the Z is of better quality. Both units are great, don't get me wrong, but even the Alpine isn't going to come close to the PRS's abilities.

Ramit
11-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I was just really hoping that I could eliminate having a separate gps and satellite radio. An all in one would have been great but I'm not willing to sacrifice sound for those features. According to pioneers site, if I'm reading it correctly, the 80prs isn't compatible with siriusxm? Anybody able to confirm this?

NFrazier
11-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I was just really hoping that I could eliminate having a separate gps and satellite radio. An all in one would have been great but I'm not willing to sacrifice sound for those features. According to pioneers site, if I'm reading it correctly, the 80prs isn't compatible with siriusxm? Anybody able to confirm this?

It is not. It neither has the SXM direct piece, nor the P-Bus for add-ons.

Ramit
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks, guess it's a seperate satellite radio receiver and seperate gps. It's too bad pioneer doesn't offer a double din HU that offers these things as well as better audio quality. Does anybody have the Z140BH that can comment on the quality of sound they get on their system? The HU I used to have was the DEH-P9400MP and I loved it, would the Z140BH offer me roughly the same audio quality? Sorry for all the questions, I don't know much about this stuff and am not sure what makes one provide better audio quality over the other.