PDA

View Full Version : kenwood headunit problems

Brad894
11-07-2012, 07:07 PM
ok so i just received the 4 channel amp i bought. i disconnected the battery and hooked the amp up. i turned the car on and it sounded good. then i decided to hit the reset button so all my old settings would reset. i turn the car back on and there is no display on the headunit. idk what the hell happened but im pissed. If i put a cd in it will play it but there is no display what so ever on it. Kenwood excelon x596

audiobaun
11-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Have you pulled the face off,and put it back on?You might try to remove the fuse from the fuse panel for the radio for about 5min also to clear the memory/backup.After this, you will have to put/go through all your adjustments and set them back up of course.Try pulling the fuse from the fuse panel for about 5 min or so,might be all needed.I ran ito a situation like that with a new Sony double din during the summer.

BlactimusCrime
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
those decks are also bad about bad connections btw the face and deck, pull it off, clean the contacts on the deck and face with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Ive done this to my x693 multiple times

goingdef
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I got rid of my kenwood due to the face randomly going out, just give it a good cleaning and if and of the prongs look bent in gently tug them out with a bent paper clip.

Brad894
11-07-2012, 08:16 PM
well i tried all of that i took out the fuse on the radio and the fuse box, and then i cleaned them and nothing happened.