PDA

View Full Version : Headunit security ? what do you guys do ?

luis_88
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
As the title says i wanna know what we can do from getting our precious radios from getting stolen from some (***hole) kids?

West
11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Remove face place every time you leave the car...
Install alarm.

whitedragon551
11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Dont listen to it loud near your neighbor hood. There is an entire thread on getting jacked.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/146326-tips-avoid-getting-jacked.html

stevew007
11-04-2012, 11:16 AM
buy an alarm and hope for the best. you can get cheap ones from sonic electronics for like $30 and to install the basic alarm is not hard at all

nudels
11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
think outside the box

use security screws whenever possible

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm_PUGeipc8LZJD7TWW7j0YOuMPnsLU DzW2tshz0s_Wo3V1yvg

in the late 80's-early 90's, some peoplewould run small guage all-thread screwed into the back of the h/u and bolted through the firewall (this works extremely well)

buy a guard dog

razor blades can be hidden wherever fingers go

disposable cameras can be pulled apart. flashbulb leads spliced&connected to aluminum tape strips strategically placed in tight spots, not only will it shock the **** out of a thief, but it will flash with the bulb still in the circuit. multiple cameras and contact strips placed in several inconspicuous spots can really confuse, disorient, and deter a thief from proceeding.

if all else fails, pony-up for an alarm

clickclickw00t
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I have really dark tints 15%. Even during the daytime, you'd really have to dry hard to see what kind of unit I have. Also, just general common knowledge of your neighborhood or the neighborhood you are going to. Sometimes I'd rather pay the $20 to park in a paid lot than run the risk of someone breaking into my car and stealing my $400 head unit.

audiobaun
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Well, if you dont have insurance to cover for the theft of your unit,Id keep the stock POS in the dash, and install a unit under the dash with a coverplate, or throw it in the console, or in the glovebox accessable by remote control.Other than that, My insurance covers my stuff

Sleeklsc
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I use a good gauge wire/terminal attached to the bolt behind my dd, which then goes to a pita bolt on the firewall.

And I have tint.