PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating noise from 6.5 woofer?

stay_high
11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
The 6.5 woofers in my doors are making a vibrating sound whenever there is mid-bass. I dont know what causing it tho. I sealed to the doors properly. I made a adapter out of 1/4 mdf. I have foam weather stripping between the car and the adapter, between the adapter and the speaker, and between the speaker and the door panel. Everything is screwed in tight and doesn't seem to be moving in but i still get this rattleing noise at all volume levels. Do i need to deaden my doors or make better adapters or what? Also its not my settings no bass boosts and eq settings are at flat. Tips are appreciated

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Oh and the speakers are not blown i bought them brand new have used them for a day

stay_high
11-04-2012, 10:13 AM
HPF set around 100 hz

maylar
11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Bummer. Unfortunately we can't hear it, soo...

Take the door panels off so you can see and touch stuff while music plays. You should be able to find what's buzzing by pushing on things in the door.

stay_high
11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Bummer. Unfortunately we can't hear it, soo...

Take the door panels off so you can see and touch stuff while music plays. You should be able to find what's buzzing by pushing on things in the door.
yea hopefully. kinda wierd cuz i didnt hear the noise when i first finished installing the comps. it just started happening all the sudden