PDA

View Full Version : Component set for a Harley

thaglyde
11-02-2012, 11:06 PM
I have a Sound Stream Amp mounted in my Harley Electra Glide. Here are the specs.
Picasso Nano Amplifier 4Ch 320 Watt
Model No: PN4.320D
Specification Small Compact 4.75" Wide Chassis 7in long
4-ohm Bridged/2-ohm Stereo Class D Full Range 2-Ohm Stable Class D Monoblocks MOSFET PWM Power Supply 80Hz 12dB HP or LP Crossover (2/4 ch.) 50-250Hz Variable 12dB LP Crossover (mono) 10-50Hz Variable 12dB Subsonic Crossover (mono) 12dB 45Hz Bass Boost (mono) 200mv-6V Low Level Input Sensitivity High Level Input

SPECIFICATIONS On POWER
RMS Power 4Ω 60 x 4
RMS Power 2Ω 80 x 4
RMS Power 4Ω Bridged 160 x 2

I am pushing
HCX 165 HERTZ 6.5" COAXIAL 2-WAY 200 W HI-ENERGY SPEAKERS BUILT IN TWEETERS and
Hertz DT16 Tweeters with DX100 crossovers.

I want to swap out the speakers with a component set with passive crossovers for the tweets. What some may thing would be too bright of a sound is exactly what i need on a bike. It needs to shine above road noise as well as exhaust sounds of my bike and others around me. I will not hear any lows past 15mph and mids past 85.

My budget is 2-$300 US and i will also need to buy another 6.5 at a later date. Any Suggestions?

mylows10
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
look at these
CDT Audio Bikes/Marine: MO-626A Bike (http://www.cdtaudio.com/main_series/bikes-marine/mo626bike.htm)

thaglyde
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
In comparison to my current set up Id probably blow that set away. Most upper end speakers can handle some wind a rain due to the rubber surround. Most speakers made specifically for bikes seem to be much less bang for your buck. I've lived through that mess before. I guess im looking for high sensitivity good construction and a high rms. Of couse i want the best bang for my buck.

mylows10
11-02-2012, 11:43 PM
i doubt it ,these are very loud,and the power rating is underrated @ 200 rms closer to 150 per side.and the aluminum tweets will be very loud but not too harsh

thaglyde
11-03-2012, 11:21 AM
First of all, let me apologize for shooting straight to the question without taking the time to even introduce myself to the crew in the intro section. Also, thank you Mylows10 for leading me in the right direction even though without looking at the product i crapped on it. Once i took the time to view the CDT line I am impressed with the reviews from people who know car audio as well as the people who tried this product out for the first time. Im used to the harley forums where guys come on there and talk about their experiences with a product when they have very little exposure to the vast array of products available. This leaves their review and feedback null and void because they have very weak points of reference. I came here looking for something different and when it was passed to me I crapped on it. You live and you learn. Thanks again Mylows!
With that being the case, if i wanted to add another set of 6.5 three ways, what should CDT should i go with?