PDA

View Full Version : Single Type X..What box..Sealed or ported..?

dunerider650
11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Well ive been having horrible issues with my type x, and the box it is in..... Soooo its time to just scratch the box and make a new one. The box i got came with the type x and is tuned to the high 50s hz and it sounds like **** unless its on a song like rack city..... any other song and you cant even hear bass. The box is going to be going in a dodge ram quad cab but i have no rear seat so space is unlimited. Ported or sealed?? Going to be running 1000watts rms at 2 ohm. Ive been reading everywhere and half the population says sealed the other half ported....i listen to pretty much everything from rap to rock...But the main kinda music is dubstep/skrillex type stuff on a daily basis. Would appreciate help with making a new box im loosing ambition here and need a hand.

dunerider650
11-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Here is a link to what the dimensions are of the box i have now. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/559185-box-help.html

Be easier to modify the port or just create a new box?? It isnt an L shaped port either it just goes strait down and stops about 2" before the bottom of the box.

dunerider650
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM
According to the free box plans on here i found a box VERY close to mine and i need to reshape the port to an L configuration and add 13.5" on the back of the L???? to tune to 32hz???

goingdef
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
According to the free box plans on here i found a box VERY close to mine and i need to reshape the port to an L configuration and add 13.5" on the back of the L???? to tune to 32hz???

port area plays a role in how it sounds as well and pre-fabs generally aren't quite to spec with the sub they come with, I would just build a new one.