PDA

View Full Version : Best enclosure location/configuration for 92 EG Civic Hatchback

skylineTT
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
The car is a 92 hatch and it is gutted so basically a clean floor from behind the front seats to the back of the car. We need to build an enclosure for 2 12"s and I think that sub up port back usually has the best results. I'm not sure if I should keep the enclosure close to the rear of the car so it can load agaisnt the hatch, or if I should bring it way up to behind the front seats.. If I do bring it up, would the sub/port configuration need to change?

OmegaBunny
11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
If you move it up to right behind the seats wheres the port going to load? I think subs up/port rear would be best but placement is something that you would need to play around with.

pro-rabbit
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Just do a simple subs up and port to the side. Should have a nice response that way.

skylineTT
11-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Just do a simple subs up and port to the side. Should have a nice response that way.

Will enclosure placement matter with the port loading off of the side? I was going to build the enclosure into the spare tire well so it could be roughly 6" from the tailgate and it would load off of it but Idk if the subs that far back would cause any delay issues.

pro-rabbit
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
You would have minimal delay issues. If you are building out of the spare tire area it would depend on a few things on where the port may be able to go.