PDA

View Full Version : ALPINE TYPE-R SPR-60C vs. ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER T2652-S component systems

drakeTHErake
11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Anyone know anything about these? Which component syetem is better for sq, durability, loudness etc...? I know that they are pretty evenly matched components and I've read good things about both. They are probly some of the best components you can buy in their price range, yes of course focal and those kinds of brands will be better but they also are super expensive.

Dtrom
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
I've installed the Rockford power series 6x9's and they sounded great just off of HU power. The only alpine ones I've heard are the type s and they screamed but weren't very clear. My money goes to rockford only because I have experience with their speakers and they impressed.

DropDownLowYota
11-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah see i was gonna do the t2 6.5 components and get the 6x9 to 6.5 converters but i was like eff that its so much money compared to the 3 way 6x9's and i bet they'll get louder and sound just as clear

sjv13
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I've installed the Rockford power series 6x9's and they sounded great just off of HU power. The only alpine ones I've heard are the type s and they screamed but weren't very clear. My money goes to rockford only because I have experience with their speakers and they impressed.

In Alpine's defense, the type S speakers retail for $100 and the SPR-60C retail for $300. So I would assume they sound very different. So I think you are comparing apples to oranges in a way.