PDA

View Full Version : to old to compete?

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 01:46 PM
hey guys its been a while snice i have been on. but im back im a little ou the loop so pls a little help here ..

this is what i still have
head uint
alpine iva-d310

front spakers
focal 5.1/4

rear
jl 6.5

amp
rf 25 to life power 1000

sub
jl 13w6v2
and its all in(ur going to laugh) my 94 honda civic coupe
everything is still in good working order i have the big 3 done
i do need a new batt
but other wize good from there
my buget.. well we all know that price is all ways a factor but im looking for bang for buck i still dd this car and will for yrs to come
any help to start putter me in the right direction would be greatly helpfull
thanks

snoopdan
11-01-2012, 01:50 PM
are you actually wanting to compete in events? Because that sub and amp combo won't get you far.

hispls
11-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd say you're closer to competing in SQ formats than SPL.

snoopdan
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd say you're closer to competing in SQ formats than SPL.

not unless he has some a-pilar imaging going on.

Dirtrider4eva
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
nice RF amp.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:09 PM
are you actually wanting to compete in events? Because that sub and amp combo won't get you far.

why not ? the amp putts out plenty of power?

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 02:10 PM
It would depend on which organization and then class whether or not he can do anything with the a-pillar. I'm getting ready to try some homemade pods for my pillars and I know that throws me out of stock class SQL for MECA.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure. I don't compete really but have looked into it.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM

im plaing on
focal 165 wrc kit

>>SQL<<
11-01-2012, 02:12 PM
why not ? the amp putts out plenty of power?

All these young'ens around here are running 3,000+ watts on their daily drivers.

Perhaps you should read some threads for a while and you will have your answer.

It sounds like you have the makings of a decent daily driver set up.

I will be 40 years old in the next couple of years and I have over 1,900 watts on my daily driver system. My setup is nowhere near competition worthy.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:13 PM
It would depend on which organization and then class whether or not he can do anything with the a-pillar. I'm getting ready to try some homemade pods for my pillars and I know that throws me out of stock class SQL for MECA.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure. I don't compete really but have looked into it.

ya all my speakers ar in stoke locatins and no mods done ( im triing to hid alot of it cause it still is a dd in i drive and i know ppl like to get shashy on nice cars)

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
All these young'ens around here are running 3,000+ watts on their daily drivers.

Perhaps you should read some threads for a while and you will have your answer.

It sounds like you have the makings of a decent daily driver set up.

I will be 40 years old in the next couple of years and I have over 1,900 watts on my daily driver system. My setup is nowhere near competition worthy.

but i have own comps with only useing under 750 watts with good box design

snoopdan
11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
i'm 39 and have 5500 watts which is a downgrade from the 10k I had on it. come at me bro.

hispls
11-01-2012, 02:25 PM

I said closer not ready to go.

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
You don't need 3k to compete. Again it all depends on the organization and the class you are doing. MECA S1 has a 1500w max @ 14.4v and a single fuse limit. So you could do a single 10 off of 1500 with a 40a ANL fuse and be competitive.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:37 PM
i'm 39 and have 5500 watts which is a downgrade from the 10k I had on it. come at me bro.
ya im not going to put10k in my civc and drive it back and forth to work

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
You don't need 3k to compete. Again it all depends on the organization and the class you are doing. MECA S1 has a 1500w max @ 14.4v and a single fuse limit. So you could do a single 10 off of 1500 with a 40a ANL fuse and be competitive.
ya im not looking for max spl thats too easy its ahrder to go for sol or sq then it its spl and like i said im looking for somthing thats going to last yr after year and not kill my car i still race my car as whell so im not looking to put a wall of speakers is in it still has to be dd

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure how well that sub would do but you can do it with low power, small builds. Like everything else car audio related it mostly has to do with the build and install.

If you wanted to you could do a trunk wall/sealed trunk whatever you want to call it and compete in Modified M1 with the same limits as listed above for s1. The difference is S1 is supposed to remain as stock as possible and has some other limitations such as box height, no walls, number of batteries (I believe) etc, where M1 allows walls, blow-throughs, etc but the car is still to be a daily driver.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I'm not sure how well that sub would do but you can do it with low power, small builds. Like everything else car audio related it mostly has to do with the build and install.

If you wanted to you could do a trunk wall/sealed trunk whatever you want to call it and compete in Modified M1 with the same limits as listed above for s1. The difference is S1 is supposed to remain as stock as possible and has some other limitations such as box height, no walls, number of batteries (I believe) etc, where M1 allows walls, blow-throughs, etc but the car is still to be a daily driver.

05fronty
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM

well my next setup will be like 500 watts. come at me. i have nothing right now

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Are you wanting to compete in SPL or SQ?

If you are going for SQ then you have a decent start.

If you are wanting to do SPL, then it will depend more on the org you compete and the locals you have to go against. Odds are you will net a lower score against others in a similar class though.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Are you wanting to compete in SPL or SQ?

If you are going for SQ then you have a decent start.

If you are wanting to do SPL, then it will depend more on the org you compete and the locals you have to go against. Odds are you will net a lower score against others in a similar class though.

im leaning more toward sql sq not spl and im up in canada most of the compes for the only ons u have to worriy about are the shope owners and workers every one else is stupid shows up with all bargen brand crap and gouse boxes in there van exping to win.. lol

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 02:59 PM
im leaning more toward sql sq not spl and im up in canada most of the compes for the only ons u have to worriy about are the shope owners and workers every one else is stupid shows up with all bargen brand crap and gouse boxes in there van exping to win.. lol

If that is the case you could pick up some cheaper decent product and get yourself a nice enclosure with a little bit of power and be good to go.

I have not seen any numbers from the frozen north so I'm not sure what all is going up that way.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
If that is the case you could pick up some cheaper decent product and get yourself a nice enclosure with a little bit of power and be good to go.

i would never down grade thoe kinda point less might as well just bye somthing shinny lol

I have not seen any numbers from the frozen north so I'm not sure what all is going up that way.

things has died of here a little but i still want to do it right and show them hows its really done

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
nice RF amp.

it was hela hard to get but boy i swear this amp has a over drive switch lol

snoopdan
11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't think canadians are civilized enough to have decent setups.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 04:54 PM

ok bud thats all got get off my thead!!!

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM

This isn't the dome "snoop". Just saying lets keep the OT negative comments to the dome. While I understand it is "good fun", some may not take it that way.

snoopdan
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM
This isn't the dome "snoop". Just saying lets keep the OT negative comments to the dome. While I understand it is "good fun", some may not take it that way.

Im fully aware, I just don't care :fyi:

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Im fully aware, I just don't care :fyi:

Well this is a warning man. I would like to try and keep threads outside of the dome cleaned a bit more then they have been recently.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 05:28 PM
i started this post where i did for real answaers not just junk thats why its in the advanced sq section..and so far iv just been not getting proper answears..

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
i started this post where i did for real answaers not just junk thats why its in the advanced sq section..and so far iv just been not getting proper answears..

I got your report on the post. Just wanted to let you know that I openly(on the forum) told him this is a warning. Hopefully he won't continue with those posts.

If you feel you get negative or "hateful" posts(aka post dumping) feel free to use the "report post" function.

As for your topic at hand.

The amp is nice and very usable. The issue is the driver. While it will do a decent job and get sort of loud. It is better utilized for SQ then SPL. Switching to a different sub stage would net better overall results for SPL.

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure what the answer is. What organizations are close to you to compete in. Each organization has different requirements for SQ/SPL so you need to know that before you can start a competition worthy build.

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure what the answer is. What organizations are close to you to compete in. Each organization has different requirements for SQ/SPL so you need to know that before you can start a competition worthy build.

Agreed. Figuring what the classes will be and deciding what you think you can be competitive in would make it much easier to figure out the next steps.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 05:38 PM

well in 30 from toronto and 3 hr from new york so mim not super far stuff but i dont know whats still going on around me cause like i said its been 5+ yrs snice i was in the seine

pro-rabbit
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Just look at a few of the larger orgs like db drag, usaci, iasca, and meca and see if any of them have shows in your area.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Just look at a few of the larger orgs like db drag, usaci, iasca, and meca and see if any of them have shows in your area.

i looked and theres not much but most teh ones i did go to up hear it was db drag and sql and class all depened on who showed up and it was allways therw pasmag. suprizingly but its kinda crapy out for the next few months so herer wont be much here till may/ june

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
You can usually see the schedule for the past year.

OmegaBunny
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
this should give you a starting point to find out what organizations have the most events closest to you.

Events (http://www.mecacaraudio.com/dnn50/Events.aspx)

Past Events (http://www.iasca.com/m/events/browse/past)

United States Autosound Competition International (USACi) - Scheduled Events (http://www.soundoff.org/events.htm)

Event Calendar (http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventschedule.asp?Method=1&Org_ID=1&ListMethod=1)

Dirtrider4eva
11-01-2012, 07:05 PM
it was hela hard to get but boy i swear this amp has a over drive switch lol

Haha well it's nice to see someone using it and not up on eBay.

dasnegro
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha well it's nice to see someone using it and not up on eBay.

hell no i would rather see it covered in dust then sell it .. and i still yet to see this amp max out iv hooked up some dirty sub and ran them for hour s and amp barly ever got warm and beging for me so im going to keep pushing it till it pops

dasnegro
11-15-2012, 10:27 PM
bump

gumby688
11-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Check out NESPL (http://www.newenglandspl.com/) lots of events in Maine,New Hampshire, N. Mass they have a Am 1 class thats 0-1000 watts I competed in it this year with 500 watts and did pretty good 5 shows 4 1st places.