PDA

View Full Version : Getting my XJ Build ready to go.

Ionakron
10-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Getting stuff together for my Cherokee build, started around april with a kicker cvr setup, and have slowly been upgrading stuff. Now it's about time to get everything else going so i figured i'd throw this together just to keep track of my first legitimate system.

Installed so far:
Optima Yellowtop
Knukonceptz 0GA Dual amp kit.
HU: Kenwood KDC-x996
Front stage: CDT Audio HD-52 Components
Rear Stage: ****** pioneer coxials in rear speaker bar
Front Stage Amp: US Acoustics USX-2080
Sub Amp: Kenwood KAC-9105D amp
2x Kicker CVR 12's in a kicker prefab.

Soon to be installed:
2x Sundown SA-12s 26537225
DC Audio 2.0k26537224
Mechman 240amp alternator26537226
Mobile Enclosures Designed Box265372282653722926537230

Buying next Wednesday(payday)
Good 4 channel amp
Image Dynamics CTX65CS
More 0 guage wiring

gckless
10-31-2012, 08:19 PM
You're going to like that DC on that electrical. I've got a 270A and a yellowtop with the same amp, and the lowest I see are high 13V's. And that's with a DC 175.4 as well. The 2.0k doesn't even get that warm now that outside temps are in the upper 60's.

Ionakron
10-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Good deal, I was even contemplating getting another yellowtop. But sounds like it won't be needed too much. The whole build should start when I get my other parts wednesday. Gonna be posting some pictures of the jeep shortly.

snoopdan
10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
I highly suggest spray foaming the entire rear door. Just be mindful of where the lock mechanism is and dont get any in it.

Also foam rear quarter panels where you can. Also the next thing you're gonna break is the roof supports, better plan on glueing them back to the roof sheet metal.

This is comming from a fellow XJ owner. If you ever add enough weight that your having spring problems, look me up. I've had to bag my XJ and its a mix match of a couple of different kits to get it to work properly.

Ionakron
10-31-2012, 08:42 PM
I highly suggest spray foaming the entire rear door. Just be mindful of where the lock mechanism is and dont get any in it.

Also foam rear quarter panels where you can. Also the next thing you're gonna break is the roof supports, better plan on glueing them back to the roof sheet metal.

This is comming from a fellow XJ owner. If you ever add enough weight that your having spring problems, look me up. I've had to bag my XJ and its a mix match of a couple of different kits to get it to work properly.

How would i avoid foaming up the windows? i've got spray foam in the support bars on the roof right now and put sound deadener over them tight holding them to the roof pretty well for now, Suppose ill glue em when they start to break loose from that. definitely going to deaden the back doors so would the spray foam be necessary?

Will be hitting you up on the suspension eventually, Hoping ill be alright with the sundowns and what not back there for now, but ill probably be going with some heavy 15's in the near future. Already got some DC's im looking into getting. As well as some more batteries.

Ever put any fiberglass pods on your doors? or did you just use the stock speaker location? Thinking about glassing the speaker bar and putting 2 sets of 6.5s on. I guess it all just comes down to what funds i have available next week.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

or did you mean spray foaming the hatch?

snoopdan
10-31-2012, 09:00 PM
I meant spray foaming the hatch door. I filled in the fenders too, I wanted it to be rock solid and no energy being lost thru the rear quarter panels. Its important if you ever want to compete to not lose any energy. I never did glass the doors, been overwhelmed with other projects so I just used the stock location for the mid and put a tweeter in the panel where the door unlock/lock area is. And I put a tweeter on the A pillars too. Excelent staging that way (im also a MECA SQ judge)....

I also did some interior mods like changing the color of the interior to complete black. Also relocated the a/c higher to allow for double din head unit.

Ionakron
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah caught me off guard for a second then i remembered how much noise and what not my hatch makes already, the rear wiper makes a bunch of outside, not noticeable inside too much. Im gonna be picking up several cans of spray foam from the company shop, we don't have any jobs we need it for anytime soon so my boss gave me the okay, so thats covered.

Yeah i've got the same set up with my CDT's right now, with the tweeter where the power window switches would be. Thinking about glassing the doors kinda like Millertime1028 did. I just would think the 3rd speaker would be muffled by the seat considering there's MAYBE an inch of clearance between it.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2ue0a2w.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2dqik29.jpg

Ionakron
10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
what year xj do you have?

Ionakron
11-15-2012, 10:24 AM
So its been slow sorry about that, been working on getting the box done, going to put the majority of it together after work today im hoping. Want to get everything installed this weekend. I'm tired of my fckin kickers. Anywho, this is what the box looks like so far http://i47.tinypic.com/35d4uxf.jpg