PDA

View Full Version : CDT components or Silver Flutes and Seas tweets?

Vecticus
10-29-2012, 11:49 PM
My next build will be active. I currently have CDT component set. It's the 6.5" drivers that handle 180 or 190 rms and the HD-100 tweets. I was thinking of selling the set and going with the wool 6.5" Silver Flutes and a set of Seas Prestige aluminum tweeters. I'd like some input on the best clarity, db, and quality. Thanks!

av83
10-30-2012, 03:01 AM
My next build will be active. I currently have CDT component set. It's the 6.5" drivers that handle 180 or 190 rms and the HD-100 tweets. I was thinking of selling the set and going with the wool 6.5" Silver Flutes and a set of Seas Prestige aluminum tweeters. I'd like some input on the best clarity, db, and quality. Thanks!

My cdt's are nothing special compared to yours, lol, but I'm pretty happy with how they sound ran active. I'd run what you have. Getting rid of the x-overs made mine sound worlds better.

zako
10-30-2012, 03:07 AM
It's hard to say. The Seas tweeters are good, but not without flaws. People who have heard this tweeter and its large format version, prefer the large format tweeter by a large margin, but those are harder to install in a car. I haven't spent a lot time with the small format sea tweeter but they seem to have abundant and detailed high end, and not fatiguing. Some guys have compared Silver Flutes to Hybrid Audio L6, with L6 established to be better but they cost roughly 10 times the price of Silver Flute driver. I have no idea how this compares to CDT setup. Is there any specific area in your speakers that you want to improve?

Being able to tune things could help a lot. Car's interior can color sound in strange ways.

Vecticus
10-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I don't have the car yet. I will be buying sometime in December. Guess I will just use the CDT's without the crossovers with proper deadening and an active HU and see how they do. I was looking for loud and warmth. I listen to mostly electronic music with a mix of classical, and alternative.