PDA

View Full Version : Rear fill

scatterbrain
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I Currently have the Inifnity kappa 60.9cs as front stage and alpine spr69c as rear fill with the Pioneer pioneer champion pro tsw3002d2 sub.

I'm swapping out everything to these
Front stage: JBL MS62C
Sub: IDQ12

Only thing missing is rear fill. Since I have a sedan and cannot hear the sub well, I want to remove the 6X9s which should let the bass come through. So for rear fill I want something that i can mount on the rear deck. Is it better to tweeters or midrange as rear fill? I want something that can run off the HU but doesn't break when turned loud.

cdc351jeferson
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
if youve got a good front alot of people dont worry about adding that to the back they add kick panels in the front for a stronger front stage if your sub is drowning out your mids and highs

scatterbrain
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
The Problem is for people who sit in the back. If The system is at a volume that is comfortable to me, the sound from the fronts won't be the same for rear passengers. Also they being closer to the sub, the bass will be louder for them. I want a very mild rear fill so that even they can enjoy the music.

Why So Cereal?
10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Then do coaxials

trumpet
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Only thing missing is rear fill. Since I have a sedan and cannot hear the sub well, I want to remove the 6X9s which should let the bass come through. So for rear fill I want something that i can mount on the rear deck. Is it better to tweeters or midrange as rear fill? I want something that can run off the HU but doesn't break when turned loud.

I have something that would work well to go on top of the rear deck as rear fill, but I think you should first the get new parts installed, pull the rear speakers, and see how it all sounds. You'll lose some midbass and overall loudness from taking out your 6x9s, but as you said the increase in bass in the cabin might be a worthwhile trade-off.

scatterbrain
10-25-2012, 06:08 PM
What do you have? I can't wait till I install it cause I live in Kuwait and will buy the stuff when i'm in NY next month. Have to purchase everything I need then.

trumpet
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
It's called an accent fill system by CDT Audio. AF-256/020 (http://www.513electronics.com/store/car-audio/component-speakers/upstage-component-speakers/cdt-audio-af-256020-accent-fill/) It has small speaker pods that you can fasten with a double-sided adhesive. They will let you have your factory rear deck speaker holes open for bass to pass through from the trunk.

scatterbrain
10-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks Trumpet but those cost more than the Front stage JBLs. I'm looking for a cheap option.

trumpet
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks Trumpet but those cost more than the Front stage JBLs. I'm looking for a cheap option.

The Pioneer TS-X150 speakers go on the rear deck and they're cheaper than my first suggestion.

keep_hope_alive
10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Nothing will help rear passengers while also sounding good up front except full range speakers in the rear doors that are turned off when not needed.

Front doesn't need rear fill. But if used they should be mids only and delayed heavily.

You can get smaller 2"-4" full range speakers from Parts Express for $20 each. Or 4" Aura coax for about that. Door mounting keeps them in front of rear passengers and less audible to front passengers.

Just add a toggle switch and relays to deactivate the rears.

mlstrass
10-27-2012, 03:46 AM
x2 on just getting some coax's for the rear deck or doors and run them off a toggle switch. I've done that in a few cars and it's worked out well...

audiobaun
10-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Then do coaxials

^^This^^ Just a small pair of 3.5,or 4in. 2 way coax with a bass cap on them for rear fill will be just fine.Run rear fill it does make the difference,giving you that surround sound affect.Doesnt take much at all..Tweeters are too high pitched alone,a 2way component/small,or a coax,for rear passengers will be just fine,even with 20 watts rms will work/be worth it

zako
10-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I honestly did not even understand the question. Looks like you already have rear fill but you plan to remove the rear fill speakers in order to let more bass enter cabin? If yes, why do you plan to fill the rear deck holes with other speakers?

Regardless, if you're worried about entertaining rear seat passengers, get a set of passable coaxial speakers, something cheap and probably something that you already have, and install it there. Turn them off when there are no passengers.

scatterbrain
10-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I wnated to take off the 6X9s, leave that space open and surface mount something like the CDTs that trumpet suggested.

However, ive decided, instead of buying anything else, i'll put the woofer of the kappas in the rear, turn on HPF on the amp and keep their xovers so that the play mid bass and mid range. Should I put these on the rear deck or the rear doors? would this setup interfere much with the front stage?