PDA

View Full Version : More SA8V2 problems :)

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I have been posting a lot about my new install having no bass, I took it back to the shop that installed it and they are now telling me its the box that's not putting anything out. The box was made by DC-Creations and seems fancy enough, made of solid birch and cool stuff. But the guys at the shop said it was tuned to 27hz and that was why my sub had no output, even with high excursion... Anyone have an idea here? id love to hear it

JoeK
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Define 'no output' nothing at all? or meh?

cyn
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I have been posting a lot about my new install having no bass, I took it back to the shop that installed it and they are now telling me its the box that's not putting anything out. The box was made by DC-Creations and seems fancy enough, made of solid birch and cool stuff. But the guys at the shop said it was tuned to 27hz and that was why my sub had no output, even with high excursion... Anyone have an idea here? id love to hear it

the people at that shop is dumb and should not be running a shop.. What kind of amp do you have on them Sa 8's

04murdalanche
10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
please do not go back to that shop anymore.

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:50 AM
The box is actually "tuned" to 31hz not 27 btw.

Call me when you can and I will be glad to see if I can help you out with some basic tech info.

double 07
10-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you might have a sub out of phase if its a dual 8 setup....doesn't sound like box issues...

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Sounds like you might have a sub out of phase.....doesn't sound like box issues...

That is my thought as well.

Sad thing is it is hard telling what could be wrong as with many "shops" our there you just never know the quality of work you are going to get.

Phoenix Risen
10-24-2012, 12:06 PM
we need more information about the system...

what amp?
what ohm load are they wired to?
how are the gains and crossovers set on your amp/hu?

with rabbits rep i have to seriously doubt that it is an enclosure issue.

knotdrummer88
10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
yeah I would guess they are out of phase. the first thing I would check would be the polarity

timma100
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
The box is actually "tuned" to 31hz not 27 btw.

Call me when you can and I will be glad to see if I can help you out with some basic tech info.

I figured, I'm not sure what to think of them any more... Here is the basis of the issue, playing a test tone, sub gets moving and resonates fine, playing music, doesnt move at all. Personally I think its an RCA voltage issue from the deck 80PRS, and im going to get a line driver for the sub RCAs. But the **** guy at Elite Audio Solutions (they did the install, I bought the parts) said that the box is wrong and because its wrong, its giving the woofer no output, and when I say no output, I mean on music there is hardly any excursion or db. The amp is a SAZ1000D, the sub is D2 wired at 1ohm and I double/triple checked, the coils are in phase, but I do get a weird ticking sound at higher volumes.. Also rabbit they swore that the sub didn't fit into the box when I brought the parts in, so they gave me **** about having a tard box. Even still I said the people who built it knew what they were doing.. After they "made it fit" I found part of the gasket sticking out. So i pulled the sub, took of the gasket, and sealed around the opening with real gasket tape. All this service for $500 :( I am still set that the issue is from low RCA voltage to the sub amp, the dude went back and turned the gain ALL the way up and then the sub started moving to music. Anyway, they wont believe that its any other issue than the box. /rant

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Sub didn't fit? How does that happen lol(This would imply the cut out was wrong..which it could have been..but we test fit an SA8v2 ). Sounds like they felt like hacking things up with the intent on getting you to buy more from them.

Anyway, could you do us a few favors if you can?

1. Could you take a few pics.....

A. Pull the sub back out and show the wiring
B. Wiring from box to amp
C. Wiring connections (power/ground)

2. Don't listen to that place anymore. I'm sorry you're having issues, I hate to hear about stuff like this. I have local clients that have had similar issues before coming to us.

If you want, just give me a call when ever. I should be in/around the office all day today (big day for a few reasons lol) and I should be able to speak with you about it and discuss a few options.

DoesDad
10-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Rabbit knows what he's doin' brutha. You got some impedance issues.... I'm surprised there's anymore Mom and Pop shops after some of the horror stories I hear. Fortunately here in Tulsa we've got a couple good ones and I'm close to enough to rabbit to call him up if I have any issues.

Serpent710
10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
the people at the shop have no idea what they are talking about... "no sound even at high excursion"? wtf thats when sound is the least audible....

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Sub didn't fit? How does that happen lol(This would imply the cut out was wrong..which it could have been..but we test fit an SA8v2 ). Sounds like they felt like hacking things up with the intent on getting you to buy more from them.

Anyway, could you do us a few favors if you can?

1. Could you take a few pics.....

A. Pull the sub back out and show the wiring
B. Wiring from box to amp
C. Wiring connections (power/ground)

2. Don't listen to that place anymore. I'm sorry you're having issues, I hate to hear about stuff like this. I have local clients that have had similar issues before coming to us.

If you want, just give me a call when ever. I should be in/around the office all day today (big day for a few reasons lol) and I should be able to speak with you about it and discuss a few options.

Also, could we get a picture of the amplifier settings?

Rabbit knows what he's doin' brutha. You got some impedance issues.... I'm surprised there's anymore Mom and Pop shops after some of the horror stories I hear. Fortunately here in Tulsa we've got a couple good ones and I'm close to enough to rabbit to call him up if I have any issues.

Thanks! Been a while since we talked last, text some time when you get around to it.

DoesDad
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Thanks! Been a while since we talked last, text some time when you get around to it.

I will do that. Sold the Focal's btw. Need to get louder. You know how it is... LOL! I think I'm about ready to buy something.

timma100
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Also, could we get a picture of the amplifier settings?

I'll try to get some pictures, im at work now so it might take a bit. I hope to have them up today. Rabbit you know what your doing, you have always been an awesome help, even with that box for the SA12s that had gone through so many hands you still helped me. Anyway, I brought my car to the shop last night, and they looked over everything for an hour and a half and could find no explanation why music wouldn't give hardly any sub output if the gain wasn't maxed. (The HU was at max clean volume), play a test tone, and it worked fine, play music.. nothing. But the guy wouldn't tell me what db the test tone was.. (like if it was a -5 or 0db tone) and when I asked he told me it didn't matter.. GEE BILL, it does matter.

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll try to get some pictures, im at work now so it might take a bit. I hope to have them up today. Rabbit you know what your doing, you have always been an awesome help, even with that box for the SA12s that had gone through so many hands you still helped me. Anyway, I brought my car to the shop last night, and they looked over everything for an hour and a half and could find no explanation why music wouldn't give hardly any sub output if the gain wasn't maxed. (The HU was at max clean volume), play a test tone, and it worked fine, play music.. nothing. But the guy wouldn't tell me what db the test tone was.. (like if it was a -5 or 0db tone) and when I asked he told me it didn't matter.. GEE BILL, it does matter.

LOL I remember that.

It could be a few issues, I'm just trying to think of the best way to explain how to narrow it down.

If you want, video always works great too :sneaky:

ace_800
10-24-2012, 01:37 PM

I'm sorry but WAHT???? Boxes don't put anything out....that shops retarded.

Isn't that 80PRS the deck that has the weird setting for sub output, something like factory its set to 0 but to get any output you need to go to negative something?

timma100
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
LOL I remember that.

It could be a few issues, I'm just trying to think of the best way to explain how to narrow it down.

If you want, video always works great too :sneaky:

haha, ill take a couple man :) But again it will be after work :( For reference, before I got this system, I bought an SA8v2 and a JL500.1 for my brother for his birthday. We made a sealed box out of scrap wood and a **** load of caulking, put it in his jeep, and it sounds fantastic. I get double the power, bigger ported box, and I can't get close to what he does. I'm not trying to complain it just broke my spirit (in a non homo sort of way) Anyway! I am sad enough to wall my trunk with a 15 and a 2500, but I dont have any money after dropping nearly $2k on all of this + the install.... I miss my bass, even the 12s in that derp box slammed. I remember my brother saying anytime he was near me in traffic he thought he had a woofer in his jeep :)

Oh also!! even with the test tones and even after that guy maxed the gain, the saz1000d was putting out ~720W RMS, so I KNOW somethings wrong. 22V @1ohm.. I remember my 1500 doing 52V@1ohm.. That was a fun day :D

ace_800
10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
With the gain maxed, bad anyways, but only getting that amount of power sounds like either:

-a voltage issue from the deck
-amp issue
-or the sub settings wrong on the deck to me.

plugitin
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
haha, ill take a couple man :) But again it will be after work :( For reference, before I got this system, I bought an SA8v2 and a JL500.1 for my brother for his birthday. We made a sealed box out of scrap wood and a **** load of caulking, put it in his jeep, and it sounds fantastic. I get double the power, bigger ported box, and I can't get close to what he does. I'm not trying to complain it just broke my spirit (in a non homo sort of way) Anyway! I am sad enough to wall my trunk with a 15 and a 2500, but I dont have any money after dropping nearly $2k on all of this + the install.... I miss my bass, even the 12s in that derp box slammed. I remember my brother saying anytime he was near me in traffic he thought he had a woofer in his jeep :)

Oh also!! even with the test tones and even after that guy maxed the gain, the saz1000d was putting out ~720W RMS, so I KNOW somethings wrong. 22V @1ohm.. I remember my 1500 doing 52V@1ohm.. That was a fun day :D

Maxing the gain isnt really doing what you are thinking its doing. The gain knob is to match the input voltage from the deck via the RCA's to the amplifier. Have you tried a different CD by chance? Have access to another deck? I would personally try another deck out first, even if its a crappy sony or something like that

Serpent710
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
With the gain maxed, bad anyways, but only getting that amount of power sounds like either:

-amp issue

this.. check sub settings on deck. back when i was noob i was like da fvck is this so quiet. then i forgot everything reset when i took terms off the batt to install amp :up2somet:

plugitin
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM

-amp issue

also, what is your remote power wire like? Ive seen people use skimpy wire for that and man, did it do some weird ****

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Actually the easiest way to test the RCA or RCA output of the head unit is to snag an MP3 player or phone. Use a headphone to RCA converter and just plug it straight into the amp.

plugitin
10-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Actually the easiest way to test the RCA or RCA output of the head unit is to snag an MP3 player or phone. Use a headphone to RCA converter and just plug it straight into the amp.

i was actually going to mention that, lol...i have used an iPod before...

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
i was actually going to mention that, lol...i have used an iPod before...

I have an Ipod at the shop for just that reason actually haha.

We have a client come by and have a complaint. I will pull the RCAs plug in the Ipod and see if the amp is doing what it needs to(eliminating the source unit from the problem at first). If it is, then I move on to the next of possible issues.

timma100
10-24-2012, 01:51 PM

-amp issue

I think/hope its a voltage issue from the deck... But the mid/high amp is loud as balls.. The sub settings on the HU are 0db, 80hz hpf. hpf on the amp is ~ the same, with LPF being around 20Hz if I remember correctly..

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
I think/hope its a voltage issue from the deck... But the mid/high amp is loud as balls.. The sub settings on the HU are 0db, 80hz hpf. hpf on the amp is ~ the same, with LPF being around 20Hz if I remember correctly..

Did you just say you have the LPF set at 20hz for the subwoofer?

timma100
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
also, what is your remote power wire like? Ive seen people use skimpy wire for that and man, did it do some weird ****

I have an Ipod at the shop for just that reason actually haha.

We have a client come by and have a complaint. I will pull the RCAs plug in the Ipod and see if the amp is doing what it needs to(eliminating the source unit from the problem at first). If it is, then I move on to the next of possible issues.

That's an awesome idea I have a couple at home ill try, as for the remote wire i'm not sure I wasn't paying attention last time I looked. But when you see what they used for sub wiring, you'll start to question everything. Im actually going outside to take a pic, brb rage..

Did you just say you have the LPF set at 20hz for the subwoofer?

I didnt actually see that was a guess, ill look

plugitin
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
20hz?!?!

ace_800
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM

IIRC it needs to be in the negatives, try turning it to say -10 and see if the sub volume increases. I know just reading the manual it goes from +6 to -24 and I swear this was the deck that needed to be set that way. And 20Htz no workie.....

timma100
10-24-2012, 02:02 PM
20hz?!?!

I didn't see that was a guess :| I had nothing to turn it with so ill find out when I get home I guess :\ anyway here is the picture of the speaker wire they used for the sub, just to give you a general idea of how I feel about this whole situation.26537075

ancorp
10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Set the LPF to 80Hz and see if the sub plays louder.

All pioneers I've used are -24 to +6, and +6 is of course the loudest. Going from 0 to -10 will make the output much lower.

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I didn't see that was a guess :| I had nothing to turn it with so ill find out when I get home I guess :\ anyway here is the picture of the speaker wire they used for the sub, just to give you a general idea of how I feel about this whole situation.26537075

Tiny wire, but it won't cause this particular issue.

If you get a chance on break run out and snap a pic of the settings on the amp. I would imagine that is part of the issue along with head unit settings.

ace_800
10-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Set the LPF to 80Hz and see if the sub plays louder.

All pioneers I've used are -24 to +6, and +6 is of course the loudest. Going from 0 to -10 will make the output much lower.

Yeah, but the 80prs goes from +6 to -24. Again, I believe its different but never used that deck.

winkychevelle
10-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, but the 80prs goes from +6 to -24. Again, I believe its different but never used that deck.

Nah the zero setting is where he needs to be my 80prs did turn it down a lot when I ran the auto eq though. And I'm betting they prolly cranked the subsonic filter way up and cut all the bass off the system.

Check the subsonic filter on the amp it should be set to around 27-28hz in you case and the low pass around 80hz gain with that deck should only need to go up roughly a quarter ways maybe a bit more.

timma100
10-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Tiny wire, but it won't cause this particular issue.

If you get a chance on break run out and snap a pic of the settings on the amp. I would imagine that is part of the issue along with head unit settings.

Here is another example of whats going on, and again points me to RCA voltage.. Playing one song, (cant remember the name) lots of bass, have the gain knob at ~2% (Because the gain on the amp is still maxed after that tard master fiddled with it) next song comes on, I remember this one, its "look like you" by lil wyte, anyone who knows the song knows it has good bass. But I cant get any sub response, only midbass, turned the bass knob all the way up, even turned the deck volume wayyy up, and then I could hear a little bass, and I mean LITTLE, but the highs are derpy loud by this point.. Then next song comes on and its clipping its *** off :\ and I turn the volume wayyy down and drop the gain knob back to 1/2%. so now im stuck with heavy bass and quiet vocals, and then the sub gets stinky. and I /frustrate to the max, and turn the radio off

Here are the amp settings, sorry for the horrible picture out of 6 it was the best :(

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Turn subsonic filter down to 0 and then turn it back up to 25(ish). Turn your LPF up all the way then turn it down to around 70-80(ish).

Turn your bassboost down to 0

Turn your gain down to 0 and then turn it up a 1/4 turn

do that and then try music again and see how that turns out.

TitoThePirate
10-24-2012, 03:06 PM
20hz lpf. will cause no output lol

SPLaudio
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
shop will do this to make you think other stuff is junk. when ur tired of dealing with what u brought in they will sell you there equipment, seen it happen alot....

Sleeklsc
10-24-2012, 03:30 PM
So it's also possible that they wired the sub wrong on purpose too (If it's even the case). Got a dmm?

timma100
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Turn subsonic filter down to 0 and then turn it back up to 25(ish). Turn your LPF up all the way then turn it down to around 70-80(ish).

Turn your bassboost down to 0

Turn your gain down to 0 and then turn it up a 1/4 turn

do that and then try music again and see how that turns out.

Ill let you know man, if I get close to 0 output from "basey" songs, what would be the next step?

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Ill let you know man, if I get close to 0 output from "basey" songs, what would be the next step?

I would swap to an MP3 for signal to your amp. If that does not fix it, then pull the sub again and check the wiring.

Serpent710
10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
buddy had a btl 18 that came with the trail blazer he bought, took it to a shop which i told him not to... they said it was blown when i checked it on a dmm from the start and they took it and tried to sell him some alphasonics... i told him to go get it back well it was long gone by them. what a dumb *** move by a ******* kid and ******* shop. he couldnt wait until the weekend until i was able to do his install...

timma100
10-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I would swap to an MP3 for signal to your amp. If that does not fix it, then pull the sub again and check the wiring.

Yessir

skylineTT
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I second (or third) the notion to plug an MP3 player directly into the signal inputs of the amp. Use an RCA to aux adapter cord to do this. Also, see if you can pull the sub out to show us the wiring. We want to make absolutely sure that it is wired in parallel instead of series.

timma100
10-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I second (or third) the notion to plug an MP3 player directly into the signal inputs of the amp. Use an RCA to aux adapter cord to do this. Also, see if you can pull the sub out to show us the wiring. We want to make absolutely sure that it is wired in parallel instead of series.

Yes massa ;) I will man... They stripped 2 of the screws :( not causing a problem, just makes me sad

skylineTT
10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes massa ;) I will man... They stripped 2 of the screws :( not causing a problem, just makes me sad

In the enclosure? Bunch of cocksuckers man. Just remove the sticker from the dustcap and rotate it a little, then screw it back in. :P

timma100
10-24-2012, 05:09 PM
In the enclosure? Bunch of cocksuckers man. Just remove the sticker from the dustcap and rotate it a little, then screw it back in. :P

That or slightly bigger screws, they used absolutely tiny ones. Similar to finishing nails if you know how tiny they are. My other goal is to figure out where this ticking sound keeps coming from when the subs excursion is high. It doesn't sound like the plastic ring hitting the motor, just weird :\ Could be! who fukin knows :(

timma100
10-24-2012, 10:59 PM

I grabbed one of my old phones and used it with a headphone to RCA adapter, at 25% gain the volume was roughly the same as connected to the deck, but it sounded amazingly clean. Everything coming out of the deck sounds muffled and "smooth" the bass actually hit when I used the phone. But back on the deck, it sounded like crap, the bass hits where gone, like it was just lazily playing tones. Weird to describe..

Okay first video is me rambling, I play it on the deck then on the phone, if you switch between the phone and the deck in the video. The phone is simply amazing, the deck sounds inaccurate and muddy. But the phone is crystal clear. The second video is just another play with the deck. Please let me know what you think it going on, the deck doesn't sound clean IMO, and its the exact same MP3 used on the phone and deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqQ7kTwmns&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8udKFg_Atdo&feature=youtu.be

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Seems like it is hitting good in off the phone.

Perhaps it is the various settings on the unit are all out of whack.

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Seems like it is hitting good in off the phone.

Perhaps it is the various settings on the unit are all out of whack.

I dont get it man the sub stage on the deck is peachy, 80hz cross (I cant turn it off :( ) But it has to be the deck, or the RCAs, but it just sounds so **** clean off of the phone :( and I didnt stink up. It always overheats when the deck is sending the signal :(

Screw it, im turning the sub settings as wide open as I can on the deck, but if it still sounds like garbage idk what my next step is. :( that deck wasnt cheap

ace_800
10-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I still think its a voltage issue. Try switching the rca's around and see if the other output works with sub rcas. If so, sub outputs fucked

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I dont get it man the sub stage on the deck is peachy, 80hz cross (I cant turn it off :( ) But it has to be the deck, or the RCAs, but it just sounds so **** clean off of the phone :( and I didnt stink up. It always overheats when the deck is sending the signal :(

Screw it, im turning the sub settings as wide open as I can on the deck, but if it still sounds like garbage idk what my next step is. :( that deck wasnt cheap

Before you go all crazy with settings. Run to walmart and snag some cheap RCA's and try them out.

double 07
10-24-2012, 11:21 PM
If its clipping (sub overheating) when the deck is running it then I think you have missed a setting somewhere in that deck.......A while back I installed a New Pioneer DD in a local guy's car along with the rest of the system and we had to turn the two far left bands on the deck's equalizer all the way down and the loudness on low in order to get any kind of volume out of the deck without it clipping on my DD1.........With the far left bands even raised just a little that Pioneer would clip at about 17 on the volume and his system sounded terrible......After the tweaks he can get the volume on deck up to 28 before it sets off the DD1 and it sounded louder and cleaner.....Good luck I hope you get it figured out......

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I still think its a voltage issue. Try switching the rca's around and see if the other output works with sub rcas. If so, sub outputs fucked

The other rca outputs are filtered internally by the deck, ill try opening the filters on them but they are stuck in a range meant for speakers.

Before you go all crazy with settings. Run to walmart and snag some cheap RCA's and try them out.

I have some spare RCAs from my old car sitting in my room, ill try that out tomorrow :)

To sum today up, box is ******* FINE, so is amp and sub. Eliminates every..single..******* thing. that they told me was wrong. the guy at EAS spent 15 minutes with a 9 volt battery and wire testing the coils. "pop pop.. hmmmm, pop pop.. hmmmm. pop pop ect ect" But hey atleast they didnt charge me for it

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Just don't return to that shop.

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:34 PM

But.. but but but but.... Okay :|

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:44 PM

Dude just a thought, could the garbage signal from the deck be caused by a low frequency ground loop?? There is one, I hear it all the time... It goes with the transmission some times.. (kinda cool, but not :( )

pro-rabbit
10-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Dude just a thought, could the garbage signal from the deck be caused by a low frequency ground loop?? There is one, I hear it all the time... It goes with the transmission some times.. (kinda cool, but not :( )

At this point, I would consider all options.

A few simple tests with different RCA's and such will reveal all when you get the time for it.

So how is the box/sub performing for you? Well off the phone at least lol.

timma100
10-24-2012, 11:52 PM
At this point, I would consider all options.

A few simple tests with different RCA's and such will reveal all when you get the time for it.

So how is the box/sub performing for you? Well off the phone at least lol.

That was the only song I played lol, its crisp and perfect by any definition, and built like a rock :) Where are you guys located anyway? Its a long way off but I will be doing a trunk wall. Also, it was funny when he said it was tuned to 27hz, he brought my over to their box tuning software, and said look!! showed the DB slope of 27hz with an 8" woofer, it was perfectly flat response. All I said was, well for an SQ box, its perfect. he all butt mad, (turns to his coworker and says hes talking SQ garbage :( ) then said tuning higher, "shows me the 2db peak" would completely change everything.. O_o U srs bro haha

pro-rabbit
10-25-2012, 01:45 AM
We are in OKC. If you ever want to come down for a build just let me know. I have a guest room that is normally open for the most part.

plugitin
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Figure her out? I once had an older alpine deck that you actually had to turn on the sub output from the deck. Took me a few to figure that out, lol.

TheUnderFighter
10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Did you get a chance to try the new RCA yet? At least now we have it down to a deck/RCA issue. I'd unplug the harness from the deck (so it whipes everything), then plug it back in. So you have entirely fresh settings. Then find someone with the same deck as you, to go over it with, step by step.

timma100
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
We are in OKC. If you ever want to come down for a build just let me know. I have a guest room that is normally open for the most part.

Figure her out? I once had an older alpine deck that you actually had to turn on the sub output from the deck. Took me a few to figure that out, lol.

Did you get a chance to try the new RCA yet? At least now we have it down to a deck/RCA issue. I'd unplug the harness from the deck (so it whipes everything), then plug it back in. So you have entirely fresh settings. Then find someone with the same deck as you, to go over it with, step by step.

Just tried my stinger RCAs with no difference :( Checked the output settings again, there isn't much for sub. Just cross frequency (80hz), db slope(12db), and output level -24 to +6(Level at 0). The sub still sounds like mud... So its the deck, no question.. Keep in mind this has all been from the harddrive.. I did use the same MP3 on my phone to test when it sounded so much better. But maybe the MP3 Decode in the deck is screwy?? I'm not sure but it seems unlikely. If anyone has ideas im open to it :( BTW Rabbit that sounds legit man :) Going to be a long.. long time tho Q_Q

On a side note, the install was very clean and cared for. It seems like they did a very nice job. On a weird note, the rear stage is still run through the stock BOSE amp in the trunk O_o weird.... So there are rear RCAs - BOSE amp - Rear Speakers.. Front RCAs - HertZ EP4 - Front mids and highs Sub RCAs - SAZ1K - Sub Also all of the grounds are tied together.. I could have sworn it needed a frame ground but w/e

plugitin
10-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Seems to me maybe the settings used to encode the audio onto the harddrive are messed up...

timma100
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Seems to me maybe the settings used to encode the audio onto the harddrive are messed up...

No encoding onto the harddive, just copied it onto it just like I did to the phone. Im trying another usb drive I have. same MP3.. Ill edit this post with the results

LOL so the drive I tried is formatted in NTFS and the deck only reads FAT32 so that was a waste of time :( I have this other drive setup to boot windows 7 so I dont feel like formatting it... Any ideas on what to try next?

plugitin
10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
No encoding onto the harddive, just copied it onto it just like I did to the phone. Im trying another usb drive I have. same MP3.. Ill edit this post with the results

Forgive my ignorance, but does your deck have a regular CD drive? If so, try a real cd?

timma100
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but does your deck have a regular CD drive? If so, try a real cd?

I own not a single CD :( nor do I have blank CDs to burn.... despite this, awesome idea :)

What I really want to try is the AUX input on the deck with my phone.. But I gave all my AUX cables to my brother :crap:

timma100
10-26-2012, 09:28 PM

Just bluetooth streamed it to the deck, exactly the same poop out of the sub RCAs... Yet direct connect to a phone with the headphone to RCA adapter sounds so good.. Guess im in the market for a new deck :(

West

plugitin
10-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I own not a single CD :( nor do I have blank CDs to burn.... despite this, awesome idea :)

What I really want to try is the AUX input on the deck with my phone.. But I gave all my AUX cables to my brother :crap:

The deck seems pretty nice. It has to be the way its setup man. Find someone on here with the same one and copy their settings to the T

timma100
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
The deck seems pretty nice. It has to be the way its setup man. Find someone on here with the same one and copy their settings to the T

I think I found the problem man, check this video out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQ-1-vsbOo&feature=youtu.be

pro-rabbit

West
10-26-2012, 10:28 PM
I think I found the problem man, check this video out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQ-1-vsbOo&feature=youtu.be

pro-rabbit

Bluetooth signal is really crappy :)

mylows10
10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
hey west answer your pm's

timma100
10-26-2012, 10:31 PM

;) I was recording with the phone connected to the bluetooth, but that was off of a usb harddrive anyway :D

Btw going through and liking every post in this thread, because... **** it. why not

West
10-26-2012, 10:34 PM
hey west answer your pm's

Done!

GLN305
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Couple different ideas for you. I own a Pioneer 80 and it's fine for me concerning subwoofer output.

Make sure you are NOT doubling up on crossovers. If you are using the one on the deck, make sure the one on the amp is either turned off or turned all the way up to the maximum frequency setting. Secondly double check your Subsonic filter and make sure it's not set too high. I am looking at the manual for the SAX-1200D, but I assume the pre-amp section is the same. If it is turn the LPF to 300Hz and the Subsonic to 10Hz and see what your output is like then. Also check your remote level control if you have it hooked up and make sure it is turned up.

plugitin
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Couple different ideas for you. I own a Pioneer 80 and it's fine for me concerning subwoofer output.

Make sure you are NOT doubling up on crossovers. If you are using the one on the deck, make sure the one on the amp is either turned off or turned all the way up to the maximum frequency setting. Secondly double check your Subsonic filter and make sure it's not set too high. I am looking at the manual for the SAX-1200D, but I assume the pre-amp section is the same. If it is turn the LPF to 300Hz and the Subsonic to 10Hz and see what your output is like then. Also check your remote level control if you have it hooked up and make sure it is turned up.

He was doubling up on the xover.

Im glad shes fixed man!

timma100
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM

That was totally the problem, posted a video fixing it right before your post Q_Q opened up the deck LPF and everything came to life. @80Hz hardly anything was getting to the sub, 200Hz LPF on the deck fixed it.

He was doubling up on the xover.

Im glad shes fixed man!

Me too man!! So **** happy I got my self a puddin cup

pro-rabbit
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Nice to see it working.

Thanks for the "shout out" in the video too :fro:

thevic24
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Now go and tell that shop to eff off with their crap about the box!!

timma100
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Now go and tell that shop to eff off with their crap about the box!!

ahahahahhahahahhaha

Honestly, why is it that people who I have never met are awesome help and cool as hell. But the people who I meet face to face, and get paid to do this ****. Have no idea whats going on.. I asked them, (when I was their trying to figure this out, I haven't gone back) about the deck. The owner said "I don't know anything about decks", guy who did my install, "I dont know man".. They didn't even recognize the deck :( They thought it was garbage, and wanted to blame me for putting "way to much power" on the SA8 when the measured 700RMS.. Anyway.. It just rustles my jimmies when people who make a living at this have no **** clue.

mlstrass
10-27-2012, 03:37 AM
personally I'd turn amp LPF all the way up and use the LPF on the HU, so you know exactly where it's set at....

GLN305
10-28-2012, 12:25 AM
This.....and you can adjust it on the fly.

personally I'd turn amp LPF all the way up and use the LPF on the HU, so you know exactly where it's set at....