PDA

View Full Version : ID CXS64 v.2 vs CDT HD-m62 vs Hybrid Imagine I61-2V2

chev4life
10-23-2012, 12:55 AM
So I think I've narrowed it down to the following fronts. They will be running off the front channels of a Zed Leviathan III:
ID CXS64 v.2
CDT HD-m62
Hybrid Imagine I61-2V2

Also possible are the ID CTX 65CS, Mmatts CX65, and Mmatts Pro6.5.

I need smooth tweets...I loved the ID's in my old truck but wouldnt mind a bit more midbass.

zako
10-23-2012, 02:44 AM
HAT Imagine work well when installed as components only if you run them active. The built in single capacitor crossover does not tame the tweeter enough, but that wouldn't be an issue with an active crossover. If you intend to use HAT speakers with their passive crossovers, then HAT Unity is the better set for that application IMO. Being priced at $350 Unity is not a budget speaker, though it's worth its price IMO. If you're on a lower budget, I'd suggest to look at the new JBL MS series speaker as it has received positive reviews recently. ID CTX also have reputation for harsh tweeter.

chev4life
10-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info Zako, I am going to stay passive with this system. I'll take a look at the JBL MS...Ive looked at the Unity but I havent found it cheaper than 400.

trumpet
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
The tweeters with the CDT HD-M62 set are silk domes, the top-of-the-line DRT-26 model, designed to sound very good without causing fatigue. I wouldn't describe them as laid back, but they're far from aggressive. It's a 250W RMS set, so it will have no problems with your Leviathan III pumping out maximum clean power. Pm me if you want more info.

chev4life
10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I keep reading mixed messages about the CDT stuff...I get a lot of vendors pushing them but I really need to hear them. Anyone local to San Jose?
Those JBL's look really interesting...

Why So Cereal?
10-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna vote for the Image Dynamics CXS

chev4life
10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm gonna vote for the Image Dynamics CXS

This is my leading canidate so far but man...after reading a bunch about the JBL MS-62C I am impressed. Need to find a local dealer to go take a listen.