PDA

View Full Version : These any good???

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok so I have 4 5.5 inch 2 way coaxial Alpine Spr-132a 150 watt 35-65 watt rms speakers in my Prelude. My question is are these any good quality wise. Also when I turn my system up the bass starts to distort the vocals. Should I bridge them in sets of 2 and hook them up to the front channels of my amp and turn the front channel dubbing down low? 2 are in the doors the other 2 are in the rear dash.

mylows10
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
no good

quackhead
10-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Ok so I have 4 5.5 inch 2 way coaxial Alpine Spr-132a 150 watt 35-65 watt rms speakers in my Prelude. My question is are these any good quality wise. Also when I turn my system up the bass starts to distort the vocals. Should I bridge them in sets of 2 and hook them up to the front channels of my amp and turn the front channel dubbing down low? 2 are in the doors the other 2 are in the rear dash.

Are they on a High Pass Filter?..you say they are amped already, what amp?

winkychevelle
10-22-2012, 11:29 PM
yea they arent really good for bass. the guy to post up can suggest and even possibly sell you something better for a good price

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Are they on a High Pass Filter?..you say they are amped already, what amp?
I don't have them hooked up to my amp yet. What im wondering is if i wire them together in sets of 2 (positives together/negatives together) then use a speaker wire thats 2x the size of 1 piece of the stock wire (to equalize the current of the wires being doubled up) to run them to the front channels of my amp. Would it make them clear and not distorted? The amp is a Scosche efx hd6004 1250 watt 4 channel. I can post the specs if you'd like

Basically to eliminate the bass from everything except my subs because they alone are obnoxiously loud

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:34 PM
The subs are dual 12" kicker cvr dvc's 2 ohm 400 watt rms-800watt max and this is all in a 92 honda prelude which is a pretty small car

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
yea they arent really good for bass. the guy to post up can suggest and even possibly sell you something better for a good price

Just a note I'm not trying to use them for bass. I have dual 12" kicker cvr dvc's 2ohm. I'm basically trying to use the alpines mostly for the vocals and I was asking if they would be good for that. also read my other posts below yours n you'll see what I mean.

jungstah
10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
just wire each speaker channel to the 4-channel amp properly and then set high pass filters to eliminate the bass coming out of them.

04murdalanche
10-22-2012, 11:39 PM
just wire each speaker channel to the 4-channel amp properly and then set high pass filters to eliminate the bass coming out of them.

this this this

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:45 PM

The reason I was asking about doubling them up in sets of 2 is because they are 35-65 watt rms and my front channels on my amp put out 110 watt rms a piece that that would put each speaker at just a little over their max rms. Also i use the rear channels for my subs. And I'm pretty sure if i wired the Alpines each to their own channel the amp would probably murder them.

neways heres the specs of the amp mabe it will help you understand my reasoning a little

65 Watts x 2 Ch (Front) & 110 Watts x 2 Ch(Rear) RMS Output Power

(@ 0.09% THD from 20 Hz ~20 kHz into 4 Ohms)

85 Watts x 2 Ch (Front) & 140 Watts x 2 Ch (Rear) RMS Output Power (2 Ohm)

170 Watts Bridged (Front) & 280 Watts Bridged (Rear) RMS Output Power (4 Ohm)

1250 Watts Total Maximum Output Power

Low Impendence 2 Ohm Load Capability

(Stereo only)
Bridgeable - 2/3/4 Channels

Multi-Mode Capability

Adjustable High Pass/ Low Pass Electronic

Crossover (40Hz ~400Hz)

Adjustable Bass Boost (0~ + 12dB @ 45Hz)

Line Level & Speaker Level Inputs

Soft Start Turn-on/off

Over Heating & Short Circuit Protection

Adjustable Gain Control (200mv ~ 6 Volts)

MOSFET Power Switching Transistors

Frequency Response - 20 Hz~20 kHz +- 0.5 dB

Signal to Noise Ratio - Greater than 98dB

THD + Noise Less then .09% from 20 Hz~20 kHz into 4 ohms

Bass Boost 0~12 dB @ 45Hz

Electronic Crossover 12 dB/oct. 40Hz~400Hz

Speaker Load Impedance 2~4 ohms in stereo mode

Power Input Voltage 14.4 VDC (10.8~15.6 VDC allowable)

SA4004 Dimensions 2-7/16” x 10” x 13”

SA6004 Dimensions 2-7/16” x 10” x 15-9/16”

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
this this this

I run my kickers off the rear channels

jungstah
10-22-2012, 11:52 PM
****, that's a weird *** 4 channel amp. its like 2 2-channels slapped together into one. a normal 4ch should give rms power X 4. I understand what you're trying to do though. i doubt you will need to double the speaker wire on that little power, you're basically just wiring 2 speakers onto 1 output, tapping a channel in a way. Go for it, already sounds more ghetto rigged than my LS, should work fine theoretically and not blow anything up.

Babykinns
10-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm positive that it wont blow anything up I'm just wondering if its worth doing. In other words would it do what I want it to do and remove the bass and distortion that it currently has at higher volumes? I mean it seems very logical and in theory it should remove the distortion right? I mean if im correct the bass is what causes the vocals to distort at higher volumes?

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
****, that's a weird *** 4 channel amp. its like 2 2-channels slapped together into one. a normal 4ch should give rms power X 4. I understand what you're trying to do though. i doubt you will need to double the speaker wire on that little power, you're basically just wiring 2 speakers onto 1 output, tapping a channel in a way. Go for it, already sounds more ghetto rigged than my LS, should work fine theoretically and not blow anything up.

Btw believe it or not its a competition amp 1 of the first competition amps Scosche created. And as a matter of fact judging by the way the amp works I think it was created to basically do what I'm trying to do

jungstah
10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
well what you really need is a high pass filter. that will "filter" the low frequencies our of your speakers. it doesn't matter whether you power the speakers through the pre-amped headunit leads, or from that amp you have, as long as you have a high pass to get rid of the lows, you will get your desired results. oh yeah, too much lows coming from your speakers will make things sound funky.

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
well what you really need is a high pass filter. that will "filter" the low frequencies our of your speakers. it doesn't matter whether you power the speakers through the pre-amped headunit leads, or from that amp you have, as long as you have a high pass to get rid of the lows, you will get your desired results. oh yeah, too much lows coming from your speakers will make things sound funky.

Yeh it has a hi/low pass filther and it is capable of multi-mode (front channels on high with rear channels on lows and vice versa) Its a pretty unique amp. A lot of people were knockin it when I first came on here. Mabe some of scosche's original amps were **** but I can vouch that this amp is nowhere near ****. I mean it's steady with my kickers bridged on the rear channels and they are 2ohm and I'm gettin about 600 watt rms 300/300 split between my kickers this way and the amp isnt even rated to be bridged like that. But Scoches guarenteed me a brand new one of these amps if it burned up from that because they said it has resisters to keep it from burning up from stuff like that (Which is the only reason i tried it). Its DEFINATLY WAY UNDERATED in my opinion.

jungstah
10-23-2012, 12:27 AM
i cant find your amp anywhere, even on the scosche site, am i not googling hard enough?!?!?

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:32 AM
This link is suppose to be the original ratings but the ratings I have now are updated ratings which were givin to me through Scosche's live chat on there website.

this link is in spanish or something Metaliquido - Productos Scosche - EFX - Amplificadores (http://www.metaliquido.com/efx/hd6004/index.html)

This is the only page I've found it on on the Scosche Website Scosche Industries (http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/press-room/?year=2004&newsID=207)

Note- The ratings on both of these pages were estimates or at least thats what the Scosche live chat guy told me when i asked him about bridging my kickers on it

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:34 AM
i cant find your amp anywhere, even on the scosche site, am i not googling hard enough?!?!?

I posted a few links above. I think the amp was discontinued do to its under rating and renamed and rebuilt as a new amp mabe?

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I found out that the amp was originally $1000 when it first hit the market but I almost sold it for $150 on craigslist to get a kicker zx750 until i found out the true rms output from Scosche's live tech chat

jungstah
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
This link is suppose to be the original ratings but the ratings I have now are updated ratings which were givin to me through Scosche's live chat on there website.

this link is in spanish or something Metaliquido - Productos Scosche - EFX - Amplificadores (http://www.metaliquido.com/efx/hd6004/index.html)

This is the only page I've found it on on the Scosche Website Scosche Industries (http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/press-room/?year=2004&newsID=207)

Note- The ratings on both of these pages were estimates or at least thats what the Scosche live chat guy told me when i asked him about bridging my kickers on it

well to be honest, that amp is weird. I'm not gonna knock on it tho because i'm sure you took a bunch of crap already from the insignia amp vs scosche thread, but whatever floats your boat and works man.

gl with your system!

Babykinns
10-23-2012, 12:49 AM
well to be honest, that amp is weird. I'm not gonna knock on it tho because i'm sure you took a bunch of crap already from the insignia amp vs scosche thread, but whatever floats your boat and works man.

gl with your system!

Yeh when I posted that thread I didn't know **** about matching the rms. But now I think I understand just about all of it and knowing what I know now the Scosche amp is by far better than the insignia amp. As a matter of fact if I knew a place people could buy them I would highly recommend them for people who wanna do the same thing I plan to do if it works out like I think it will. It's like having the power and quality of a highs amp and a mono/lows amp all in 1 amp with good resisters and protectors. But I'm going to get off here and go to bed was nice chattin buddy and thanks for the advice/opinions.

Babykinns
10-25-2012, 12:35 AM

This worked perfectly. Except instead of wireing the door n rear dash speakers together and to the amp I just wired my dash tweeters together n ran them to 1 front channel on my amp, cranked up the gain and the maximum level turned dubbing to 0 and switched the front channels to hi pass. Now i can crank my system up so loud you can hear it from 3 blocks away with great sq. Crystal clear vocals and rock solid bass. Even played it for 45 mins straight just to check stability amp only got warm to the touch but not hot. 3 blocks might not seem that great for a system but for whats in my prelude i think thats **** good