PDA

View Full Version : Polk Audio DB650

dalegribs
10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I was thinking of getting these for my fronts to match up with an Infinity Kappa 5 amp. Thoughts?
Can anyone recommend some other 6.5 components that can be attained for ~ $100?

I also need another set of 6.5's for the rear, don't need component there. Was thinking in the ~ $50 range. Any recommendations?

Current set up is a JVC KD-X80BT HU and the Infinity Kappa 5 amp.
I'm gonna keep searching and update with other possible options as this goes along.

The system will be finished off with a single 10 or 12, sub, undecided as of now.

dalegribs
10-20-2012, 03:20 AM
the DB650's are co-ax, I meant the DB6501.

zako
10-20-2012, 07:54 AM
The DB6501's are considered good speaker for the money. If you can get them for $100-120, it's probably a decent deal. A lot of people have been happy with these, so you probably can't go wrong with them for a budget install. The matching coaxial speaker shouldn't be too expensive. I can't think of many other speakers. Perhaps a Pioneer D-series component set would be in the same class.

Having played with entry level speakers of other brands, I do want to recommend to look past entry level speakers. I'd suggest to consider speakers comparable to JBL MS-62C or JL Audio C3, but they probably cost twice that price.