PDA

View Full Version : A real deadener review!

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok so i gave audiotechnix a try after using secondskin,alphadamp,rammmatt,edead,fatmat
And i will say this without it being too long of a review. ITS THE SHEET!

First off i got the package and....well....it wasnt light

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/at.jpg

I started on the rear panels/floor for now and noticed one thing that amazed me about this 60 mil deadenerr

it molded VERY well unlike second skin that was a PITA to put around corners and over humps

For cleaning the surface (which you must do for ANY deadener brand to stick) i use a little bit of ajax (look for it in the cleaning isle of wally-world) and wipe it down. I would use acetone or something simillar but i couldnt stant the smell, ajax does just as good.

I started laying it down when i noticed something else....once it sticks...it sticks for real! i used a roller on all of it. the side panels were a breeze since the deadener wouldnt move.

Sound wise i can play alot lower than i used too and the Heat from my muffler doesnt come in the car. sounds deeper more vibrant and less road noise. I live where road noise in any car exist but with the deadener it was less noticable.

With alot of other deadeners like fatmat and edead the aluminum would get torn by the roller where it was so thin. NOT A PROBLEM WITH AT!

Im still not done. I have the roof/doors/front floor left to do and i will update this accordingly. Also would like to add it only took 2 days to get to me. Impressive. Customer service is like burger king. Have it your way. He will bend over backwards for you and is the only man i have seen to stand by his product like he does. Nuff talking here are some pics. ill update later

had to take the seat out for me to fit in

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/seat.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/seat2.jpg

teaser

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/atdone.jpg

:D

Jerhemy
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
looks great so far man!!! AT deadener is what I'm planning on using to do my car soon here too. how many sq. ft. you going to put in?

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:07 PM
had 40 when i started. maybe a tad more. im puttin as much as i can in.

Jerhemy
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
good **** man, love the look of the new stuff for sure!

av83
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Is that black layer vinyl, like the murder mat?

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Is that black layer vinyl, like the murder mat?

yep. Sure is! but better IMO buddy of mine locally has some murder matt. i wasnt too impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1BrNbjpyU&feature=youtu.be

neo_styles
10-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Cool first impressions. Since you've tried a lot of other deadeners, can you share what you thought were good and bad about each with regard to performance rather than install? I know this is an AT thread, but it'll help some (like me) determine if AT is a better choice over others.

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Cool first impressions. Since you've tried a lot of other deadeners, can you share what you thought were good and bad about each with regard to performance rather than install? I know this is an AT thread, but it'll help some (like me) determine if AT is a better choice over others.

Its completely fine. To be completely honest the best deadener i used was second skin for deadenig. But After my first purchase the price turned me away from it. And audiotechnix does better IMO that the secondskin damp pro ever did

Fat mat was horrible it used asphalt based adheisive and smelt like peel n seal. **** moved and flexed the exact same as without it didnt lower my peak frequency any either like with most deadeners (thats what its supposed to do)

edead was ok but wouldnt stick at all where i needed it too and wouldnt mold for crap

alphadamp wouldnt mold or stick it was wayy too thick and wayy to heavy for using it on anything but a floor

murdermatt IMO isnt worth it the "90" mil was the same as AT's 80 mil in size and more expensive.

botom line AT or go home

neo_styles
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Its completely fine. To be completely honest the best deadener i used was second skin for deadenig. But After my first purchase the price turned me away from it. And audiotechnix does better IMO that the secondskin damp pro ever did

Fat mat was horrible it used asphalt based adheisive and smelt like peel n seal. **** moved and flexed the exact same as without it didnt lower my peak frequency any either like with most deadeners (thats what its supposed to do)

edead was ok but wouldnt stick at all where i needed it too and wouldnt mold for crap

alphadamp wouldnt mold or stick it was wayy too thick and wayy to heavy for using it on anything but a floor

murdermatt IMO isnt worth it the "90" mil was the same as AT's 80 mil in size and more expensive.

botom line AT or go home

Thanks a million. Only one I didn't see mentioned was Raam which I'm currently leaning towards since Rick likes to help us ca.com guys out.

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks a million. Only one I didn't see mentioned was Raam which I'm currently leaning towards since Rick likes to help us ca.com guys out.

rammatt was ok it reminded me of fatmat without the asphalt smell.

neo_styles
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
rammatt was ok it reminded me of fatmat without the asphalt smell.

Fair enough. Look forward to a long-term test on this stuff.

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Fair enough. Look forward to a long-term test on this stuff.

i already gained .4 on the tl. Thats a TON with what little bit i did. :o

neo_styles
10-19-2012, 08:38 PM
i already gained .4 on the tl. Thats a TON with what little bit i did. :o

.4 and you haven't even touched the doors? Not bad at all...

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
.4 and you haven't even touched the doors? Not bad at all...

doors are bone stock. i did the panels with 50% coverage and floor at 100% in the rear. roof and doors will follow soon.

whitedragon551
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM

botom line AT or go home

Wait so Second Skin was your favorite but AT is better? Why would your favorite be an inferior product?

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Wait so Second Skin was your favorite but AT is better? Why would your favorite be an inferior product?

key word "was" You remember i used to rep the crap out of SS but it got too expensive and when AT switched manufactures his deadener IMO was better than SS in both price and performance. Thanks for pointing that out!

gckless
10-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Good stuff bro. I ordered 40sq.ft. of the 60mil about a week ago, haven't got it yet. But I am overseas, it's normal. And customer service was great so far. On their website, they won't ship to APO addresses. I emailed him, he got back to me in a day, and he had no problem with sending me the deadener. The only other stuff I have used was Dynamat (got a deal locally), so I look forward to using it.

CAT MAN
10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Good stuff bro. I ordered 40sq.ft. of the 60mil about a week ago, haven't got it yet. But I am overseas, it's normal. And customer service was great so far. On their website, they won't ship to APO addresses. I emailed him, he got back to me in a day, and he had no problem with sending me the deadener. The only other stuff I have used was Dynamat (got a deal locally), so I look forward to using it.
i use the 60 mil. I will have 80 and whatnot soon i believe along with some special new stuff

quackhead
10-20-2012, 12:09 PM
key word "was" You remember i used to rep the crap out of SS but it got too expensive and when AT switched manufactures his deadener IMO was better than SS in both price and performance. Thanks for pointing that out!

...and how does it compare to Kno Knoise Kolossus?

stevew007
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM

so do they send everyone that buys it a stack of business cards,stickers and a banner or is that for sponsored people,dealer's?

keep_hope_alive
10-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Raammat BXT II is nothing like Fatmat. It is great stuff and offers true damping. I would recommend and use BXT II at any time.

Raammat BXT is like Fatmat. Thin and less useful (better for seals than anything)

cthedinger
10-20-2012, 02:06 PM
so do they send everyone that buys it a stack of business cards,stickers and a banner or is that for sponsored people,dealer's?

We include business cards, lanyards, decals, and koozies in every order we ship (as long as we have them in stock).

stevew007
10-20-2012, 02:10 PM
We include business cards, lanyards, decals, and koozies in every order we ship (as long as we have them in stock).

yeah but the amount in his picture suggest's that he is sponsored or a dealer.why would you send someone hundred's of cards and stickers,a banner? I could see 5 or 6 BUT to give away a banner in every purchase lol?

slim2fattycake
10-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm with Stevew007.

HOWEVER, I do appreciate that the OP used a lot of "IMO" instead of trying to make it like its fact.

Also, BXT II is nothing like fatmat.

cthedinger
10-20-2012, 02:22 PM
yeah but the amount in his picture suggest's that he is sponsored or a dealer.why would you send someone hundred's of cards and stickers,a banner? I could see 5 or 6 BUT to give away a banner in every purchase lol?

He requested a stack of cards so I included them. He he has placed several orders in the past and every time he gets his package he tells me there isn't enough business cards so I loaded him up this time.

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 02:35 PM
...and how does it compare to Kno Knoise Kolossus?havent used kno noise but i do want too

ask for them you shall recieve

Raammat BXT II is nothing like Fatmat. It is great stuff and offers true damping. I would recommend and use BXT II at any time.

Raammat BXT is like Fatmat. Thin and less useful (better for seals than anything)
pretty much.

^^^this

He requested a stack of cards so I included them. He he has placed several orders in the past and every time he gets his package he tells me there isn't enough business cards so I loaded him up this time.
and this

quackhead
10-20-2012, 02:45 PM
havent used kno noise but i do want too

thx..I'm not trying to take anything away from AT, seem like it is a good product..but I was just curious about that other stuff.

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 03:07 PM
thx..I'm not trying to take anything away from AT, seem like it is a good product..but I was just curious about that other stuff.

hey im curious too im a deadener *****.

cthedinger
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM

Also just FYI he paid for the banner.

CHEMMINS
10-20-2012, 03:17 PM

:slap: really?.........lol.

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I paid for 40 sq feet of product out of pocket and a banner. I better get what i ask for. When i se a good company i will ask for a bajillian cards because i will hand them out at shows if the product is good. Lol nit picking much?

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Got the doors done. And found my alphadamp halfway hanging off. I wont post a pic because i do NOT want to deface another product.
Again molds very well. my doors are a pain and i did this in less than 2 hours both doors. it stuck to stuff i didnt clean and wont peel off. Which im surprised.
For the sound. Midbass is punchier and less muddy. Overall another win for audiotechnix

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/2012-10-20_17-56-19_610.jpg

av83
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Got the doors done. And found my alphadamp halfway hanging off. I wont post a pic because i do NOT want to deface another product.
Again molds very well. my doors are a pain and i did this in less than 2 hours both doors. it stuck to stuff i didnt clean and wont peel off. Which im surprised.
For the sound. Midbass is punchier and less muddy. Overall another win for audiotechnix

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/2012-10-20_17-56-19_610.jpg

You gonna put a seal around that mid?

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 07:23 PM
You gonna put a seal around that mid?

i did weatherstripping a while back its still fine.

CAT MAN
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
just tested and gained .2 peak went up a tad to 42 hz again. might just be the weather where its cold. ill test again tomorrow

CAT MAN
10-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Jaguar; be hatin on how to really tell people a good product.

Bettr n' Revrse
10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Ill have to see how I like AT as well

TheUnderFighter
10-23-2012, 05:04 AM
I got 30sq ft coming in this week myself. I'll be doing a thorough review as well.

CAT MAN
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I got 30sq ft coming in this week myself. I'll be doing a thorough review as well.

cant wait to see it. im holding off on my roof until i find out where the wall is going to stop. i think it will be recessed cause im too tall to sit all the way forward lool

infamous_e46
10-23-2012, 10:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r978T.jpg