PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Scotland

solrighal
10-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone, new here (d'uh). Seems likely a healthy community of people who know much more about all this than I do so thought I could learn some stuff. Only just installed my very first ICE system a couple of weeks ago and I've definitely got the bug. My first system is all middle of the road Alpine but it blows me away every time I go out for a drive. I want to keep upgrading though and the choice is huge, especially so in The States.

Anyway, looking forward to contributing where possible and learning all the time.

Gordon.

pickup1
10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
sup...you'll def. learn something here.....dont know if it will be audio related but...

basshead635
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome to your new home. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

OmegaBunny
10-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Welcome! If your serious then you'll learn a lot of useful information. Sit in a comfortable seat and read. Once your done reading and figure out your questions, use the search function because most questions have been asked and answered before. If you still have questions ask and someone will help you out.

Of course if you are lazy like me, skip the search function and just ask!

solrighal
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I have loads of questions really but I will use the search function mostly. I also have a list of upgrades for the future, i.e. sound damping, new head unit (with 3 pre-outs), mono amp for sub. Crucially, what I need to decide is whether to upgrade the rear speakers or just bin them altogether. I can't remember the last time anyone sat in the rear seat, lol.

Gordon.

gckless
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Welcome man, you'll find a lot here. You looking to get loud or just have good sound quality? Either way there are vendors here and companies that I have never heard of before here that have great products and great customer service. Most of them will ship to you upon request if you email them directly. Search is your best friend, but don't be afraid to ask questions either.

CHEMMINS
10-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Sorry we can't help you....your steering wheel is on the wrong side. You listen to music backwards.

solrighal
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Sound quality definitely. My system is already loud enough. Just ask my wife, lol.

Sonic.
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome mann.

OmegaBunny
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Remove the rear speakers all together if no one sits in the back. A lot of people will tell you that you do not need them and I agree.

SourDeez
10-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Hello.

Am from Unite States.

groundpound4200
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
You have Trailer Park Boys in Scotland? Nice.... Bubbles FTW

solrighal
10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
You have Trailer Park Boys in Scotland? Nice.... Bubbles FTW

Not really, I'm afraid. But we do have Usenet ;)

solrighal
10-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Remove the rear speakers all together if no one sits in the back. A lot of people will tell you that you do not need them and I agree.

Sorry my friend, I missed your comment earlier. Yes, that's my reasoning too. However every now & then I hear someone talking about retaining rears to be used for "rear fill". Can't say as I really understand that. At the moment the amp is driving the fronts & sub. The head unit is powering the rears, although I actually have them faded right out.

OmegaBunny
10-16-2012, 10:18 AM
I never use mine and have them all unhooked. I'm running a decent front stage and have received no complaints. I need to tweak everything in the front a little more fir my liking.