PDA

View Full Version : Why i recommend not doing business with ACE74...

mikeb618
10-13-2012, 03:48 PM
The story begins here...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554575-dd-1508-a.html#post8170621

I paid $125 shipped for the sub. Received it 10/10. When i got it the box was torn on the end and you could see the magnet and wires thru the end of the box.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-10_17-52-40_350.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-10_17-54-00_779.jpg

At this point i am slightly worried. Then when i open the box i see this...

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-13_14-04-04_993.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell but not only is the mounting flange bent but the basket is pretty tweaked!

I called ACE and told him it was damaged and then sent the pics.

At this point he tells me that he did not insure the package. I tell him i will get ahold of Digital Design the next day and see how much $ it will cost to get it fixed.

The next day 10/11 i text him that $95 is what the repair will be. I offer to split the repair cost with him (which i think is very fair) and he says no. His only solution is the send it back to him and he will refund my money, minus paypal fees and shipping costs. Also tells me that splitting the repair costs would not benifit him, as if getting a junk sub is benefiting me!

I assume it would cost about $20 to ship it back and then he would refund me about $100, so i would be getting about $80 back from the $125 i sent him. Personally i dont think this should be costing me any money. I paid for a working sub and what i got is a destroyed unusable mess.

Opinions?

West
10-13-2012, 03:52 PM
For almost any company the buyer gets to pay the return shipping to the seller. It ***** but that is how life goes...
As long as he refunds you the orginal purchase price, that is as good as anyone can expect.

To a certain point the seller needs to be responsible and package the item correctly and insure the item if its expensive. Probably not the best packaging job on the sub, but the carrier also obviously messed you over as well.

Was "fragile" marked anywhere on the box?

hispls
10-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Packed poorly AND not insured. Onus is entirely on the seller to get YOU the sub you paid for in the condition described. If he is too stupid to pack it right and insure it, it is doubly on him to make it right out of his pocket.

I've never made a customer pay for a return if it's my error that is the issue. You don't like the way it sounds or something, sure return it on your dime, but it arrives all beat up and it's your fault? Not in a million years.

mikeb618
10-13-2012, 04:03 PM
For almost any company the buyer gets to pay the return shipping to the seller. It ***** but that is how life goes...
As long as he refunds you the orginal purchase price, that is as good as anyone can expect.

To a certain point the seller needs to be responsible and package the item correctly and insure the item if its expensive. Probably not the best packaging job on the sub, but the carrier also obviously messed you over as well.

Was "fragile" marked anywhere on the box?

No...the box was not marked in any way.

I feel that the seller should be responsible for adequately packaging the item and should pay the extra couple bucks for insurance so the buyer doesnt get the shaft.

mylows10
10-13-2012, 04:06 PM
i always pack the crap out of my subs ,especially if i dont have the original packing .and insurance is a must for anything over $100.

West
10-13-2012, 04:08 PM
No...the box was not marked in any way.

I feel that the seller should be responsible for adequately packaging the item and should pay the extra couple bucks for insurance so the buyer doesnt get the shaft.

You could get a sledge hammer and flatten the sub until it fits in a flat rate box...
Just saying

I would leave neutral or negative itrader feedback. Unless he pays for the return shipping in a case like this.
It's two strikes against the seller...
1) Poor packaging + no fragile warning
2) No insurance

He didn't try to scam you, but he needs to make this right.

Jes 42
10-13-2012, 04:14 PM
That looks like s h itty packin job to me.i just recieved a sub from someone on here and let me tell u that thing was wrapped like a tank.hope it works out op.

ACE74
10-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I offered to refunded him his funds except for the shipping and paypal fees acquired and he decided not to return it for his money due to the fact that he was going to have to pay for shipping. He wanted me to pay half of what it cost him to get it fixed and I said no way just send me my sub back and I will refund him his money back. So it's not like I didn't offer him his money back.

mikeb618
10-13-2012, 05:33 PM
I should not have to spend one cent...this is in no way my fault!

groundpound4200
10-13-2012, 06:15 PM
I know Fedex automatically insures packages up to $100. Who did you ship with? Bad packaging either way though so they might deny it anyway.

loudmofo
10-13-2012, 06:15 PM
pay him the $45 you cheap a$$ he shipped it so fix your problem buyer needs to file a paypal claim.

assassin1840
10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
I offered to refunded him his funds except for the shipping and paypal fees acquired and he decided not to return it for his money due to the fact that he was going to have to pay for shipping. He wanted me to pay half of what it cost him to get it fixed and I said no way just send me my sub back and I will refund him his money back. So it's not like I didn't offer him his money back.
normal circumstances id say that was a good move offering his money back except the shipping as thats all what paypal will make you pay but you my friend **** at packing and in no way did u even try and as a result this is your fault and i would be pissed.

West
10-13-2012, 06:31 PM

I'd just pay for the repair myself.
It's going to be cheaper for you in the long run.

Odd-io
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
IMO buyer should pay for shipping back. Seller should refund 125.

husker77
10-13-2012, 07:01 PM
IMO buyer should pay for shipping back.

Why? The buyer did absolutely nothing wrong, this is all on the seller. I would be pissed if it cost me money to NOT get a sub!

kat_black181
10-13-2012, 07:05 PM
This is messed up! Seller do the right thing! Id be pissed if I were the buyer. Dude u didn't even take the time to pack his sub correctly. How would u feel????

thevic24
10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
1. Crappy packing job
2. did not insure.

Because of this, you should be the one paying the shipping and fees.
You should have 100% known better than to NOT insure something that YOU packaged up like that.

West
10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
1. Crappy packing job
2. did not insure.

Because of this, you should be the one paying the shipping and fees.
You should have 100% known better than to NOT insure something that YOU packaged up like that.

Yes as I pointed out on the previous page.
We can post a thread in the dome if necessary...

mikeb618
10-13-2012, 09:06 PM

Seems like a waste of time. Its apparent that ACE74 has no intentions of making this right.

I just hope others see this and proceed with extreme caution!

West
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Seems like a waste of time. Its apparent that ACE74 has no intentions of making this right.

I just hope others see this and proceed with extreme caution!

Fair enough. But my offer still stands if you 2 dont get this sorted out.

infamous_e46
10-13-2012, 09:18 PM
file a paypal claim fuqq this fool

West
10-13-2012, 09:19 PM
file a paypal claim fuqq this fool

Infamous you always know what to do to make it right!

cdc351jeferson
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Seller needs to pay both ways its your fault its the sub is screwed you make it right

splwj47
10-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I should not have to spend one cent...this is in no way my fault!

did he have any packing material at all in the box with the sub? i would make him pay for the whole repaire OR pay return shipping and refund. otherwise i would file a pp claim.

Chevy Blazin'
10-13-2012, 09:24 PM
I agree why not just send the sub back to the seller and he refund you your money. That is a win win situation for both of you.

thevic24
10-13-2012, 09:25 PM
...ok...

Why would you want to post this in the dome?
Sorry about expressing my take on this?(misunderstanding?)

plugitin
10-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I agree why not just send the sub back to the seller and he refund you your money. That is a win win situation for both of you.

ok.

And no way would any shipping company honor an insurance claim on that. The seller needs to refund the whole 125 plus return shipping. Horrible seller, would be negative feedback for sure

West
10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
...ok...

Why would you want to post this in the dome?
Sorry about expressing my take on this?(misunderstanding?)

The dome offers a wider venue for making fun of this seller.
My hands are bound here...

05fronty
10-13-2012, 09:30 PM
hey seller that really below's. really bad job man and i wouldn't accept that. would def be a reversal on my cc if it didn't get resolved

thevic24
10-13-2012, 09:32 PM
The dome offers a wider venue for making fun of this seller.
My hands are bound here...
Ah,

That was not my intention.
Do not know if you took me the wrong way or not but I keep my actions in the Dome and here 100% separate.:toast:
To be honest, I should have read the entire thread as I did miss your post.

JL Audio
10-13-2012, 09:33 PM
ace = tool. if he planned to ever do business on car audio sites... he'd at least try to do the right thing.

Joe89
10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
If it were me...
I would not want it fixed, because that would involve further dealings with someone who has displayed such negligence as to make them untrustworthy. Buyer should return the sub to seller, AFTER seller has paid for shipping back and refunded in full for the sub itself.

Seller, please make this right. It hurts the community when more and more people see things like this which only dissuades them from purchasing from the rest of us.

West
10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Ah,

That was not my intention.
Do not know if you took me the wrong way or not but I keep my actions in the Dome and here 100% separate.:toast:
To be honest, I should have read the entire thread as I did miss your post.

I do what I can to help keep people honest, that is my mission.

West
10-13-2012, 10:30 PM

I thought about this more...

Why don't ya just give the guy $45 for your screw up of a packaging job and be done with this?
Are you going to try and fix that broke azz woofer and try to sell it to somebody else?
Deal with life you messed up because you decided to be lazy/cheap with the shipping costs.
How can any of the rest of us trust you after this?

mikeb618
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Well...looks like ACE74 just deleted all his profile info and closed all the other for sale ads he had. His profile had his name, pictures of his kids, etc and now nothing. Removed his profile picture and deleted all his friends.

This speaks volumes about the kind of guy he is. I doubt he ever tries to use the ACE74 name but, beware of Aaron Cotton Sr!

This deal has cost me some money but i hope that posting this saved someone else from this scumbag!

cdc351jeferson
10-13-2012, 11:15 PM
ace74 ;

double 07
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
This ACE guy just hit me up for an enclosure yesterday....guess that deal won't be happening.....

mikeb618
10-14-2012, 12:34 PM
According to his now blank profile ACE74 was on here 3 hours ago. Is pretty funny that he is willing to ruin his reputation over $45. He has had since the 10th to decide to make this right but has chosen not to.

ACE74, you have some bad mojo headed your way. Karma is a b1tch!

martiandancer31
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
op, file a paypal claim for the entire amount. Don't even waste your time arguing with ace. Chances are he wont respond to the claim anyways, as that's how it usually works with shady people, and you'll get all your money back without even a trip to the post office.

akheathen
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
how, 'bot this... file the paypal claim, or get his refund, and i'll pay shipping and fees, but you gotta ship it to me;).... seriously, you at least need to file that claim. worst case scenario when they side with you, you are out the return shipping and some packing tape/material, or his address cannot ever use paypal.

ACE74
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
The story begins here...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554575-dd-1508-a.html#post8170621

I paid $125 shipped for the sub. Received it 10/10. When i got it the box was torn on the end and you could see the magnet and wires thru the end of the box.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-10_17-52-40_350.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-10_17-54-00_779.jpg

At this point i am slightly worried. Then when i open the box i see this...

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/GAORC/mikeb/2012-10-13_14-04-04_993.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell but not only is the mounting flange bent but the basket is pretty tweaked!

I called ACE and told him it was damaged and then sent the pics.

At this point he tells me that he did not insure the package. I tell him i will get ahold of Digital Design the next day and see how much $ it will cost to get it fixed.

The next day 10/11 i text him that $95 is what the repair will be. I offer to split the repair cost with him (which i think is very fair) and he says no. His only solution is the send it back to him and he will refund my money, minus paypal fees and shipping costs. Also tells me that splitting the repair costs would not benifit him, as if getting a junk sub is benefiting me!

I assume it would cost about $20 to ship it back and then he would refund me about $100, so i would be getting about $80 back from the $125 i sent him. Personally i dont think this should be costing me any money. I paid for a working sub and what i got is a destroyed unusable mess.

Opinions?
I haven't forgotten aboutcha Mike I will make things right

mikeb618
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I haven't forgotten aboutcha Mike I will make things right

So, after nearly 3 months you are finally admitting some fault. What are you planning to do to make it right? When is this going to happen?

PapaGeno21
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow. This is a crap deal. Mike you should have taken the refund and lost the 20 on shipping instead of sitting on a 125 dollar paper weight. I would have gone through paypal myself though.

mikeb618
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Its been a week and nothing...

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Its been a week and nothing...

Did you file the claim? Make sure you post this thread as proof of your dealings and attempts to resolve the issue with the seller. Include emails, text messages, anything you have. If you can build a solid case, PP might just reverse your payment and you'll get the 125 back. Just read the whole thread and that's a raw deal. I've been lucky not to be burned yet, but I wouldn't want to be on your end in any circumstance.

VWBobby
01-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Definitely follow up on this and get your money back, either through Paypal or your credit card. 2 out of 3 transactions I've had on here were bum deals. Items arrived not as described and way late. The best way to mess these people up is exposing them for fraud and getting your money back. Constantly warn others in any posts that the person makes until the issue is resolved....

Chriszle
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Good luck getting your money back from paypal now. It's been ~3 months already.

mikeb618
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Good luck getting your money back from paypal now. It's been ~3 months already.

Right! I am not messing with the paypal claim. But, a week ago ACE posted that he was going to make it right.

I am going to be Ok regardless if ACE makes it right or not. At this point, it is all based on principal. All he had to do was split the repair cost with me. Me offering to pay half was more than fair if you ask me.

If anyone knows Aaron Cottin Sr. punch him in the balls and then post the video here and i will call it even...not like i am ever going to get any $$ from him anyway.

-BenBen-
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Are you guys nuts? the shipper either should pay full repair or refund money and also pay shipping back, why should the buyer pay anything, he could not have done anything to keep this from happening, and the seller could have done everything. he didnt even insure it.. thats really poor service. trying to be cheap and this is what it gets you. the buyer is not at fault PERIOD. the seller ***** at shipping.

-BenBen-
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
BTW, FILE A DISPUTE, get all your money back, then ship it back in the same manor he sent it to you. maybe itll get busted up some more.. and see how he likes it

-BenBen-
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
LMAO hes waiting on his taxes then he will make it right..smh

token1er
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
he should of at least put a "fragile" sticker on the box.

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
You mean like this:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/turbo5upra/diy%20stuffs/photo8.jpg

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
You mean like this:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm147/turbo5upra/diy%20stuffs/photo8.jpg

I can't wait to order my Zuki amp!

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
I can't wait to order my Zuki amp!

You and me both...I have to wait for quite some time, though. Processor is first priority and probably won't pick that up until at least summer.

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
You and me both...I have to wait for quite some time, though. Processor is first priority and probably won't pick that up until at least summer.

I need to pay off some credit cards and the order mine. I don't plan on putting it on a credit card, I just want to be out of debt before I purchase something else lol. I think I can sell enough stuff to pay for it now if I wanted to but my wife would be pissed if I bought another amp when I promised her I would pay off our CC's before buying new audio :)

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I need to pay off some credit cards and the order mine. I don't plan on putting it on a credit card, I just want to be out of debt before I purchase something else lol. I think I can sell enough stuff to pay for it now if I wanted to but my wife would be pissed if I bought another amp when I promised her I would pay off our CC's before buying new audio :)

Yup. Getting the wife roadblock, too. Talked to her about changing out the HU to go active and she looked at me like I pooped in her cheerios. Figure the processor, then the Eleets Hybrid 5 and I should be set for quite some time. That or the new Leviathan. I'll have to see what the 4th gen comes out looking like.

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Yup. Getting the wife roadblock, too. Talked to her about changing out the HU to go active and she looked at me like I pooped in her cheerios. Figure the processor, then the Eleets Hybrid 5 and I should be set for quite some time. That or the new Leviathan. I'll have to see what the 4th gen comes out looking like.

I was torn between the Leviathan and the Ellets as well but decided to go with the Zuki since I see it ran less than the Levi. Only downside is its like 2x as long as the Levi but its cheaper so I guess there are pro's and cons. I also considered the MMATS Ultimate SQ HIFI but the MSRP on it is a deal killer for me.

blobb454
01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
This whole deal *****! Thank you for letting all of car audio.com know about this and whom not to buy from!

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I was torn between the Leviathan and the Ellets as well but decided to go with the Zuki since I see it ran less than the Levi. Only downside is its like 2x as long as the Levi but its cheaper so I guess there are pro's and cons. I also considered the MMATS Ultimate SQ HIFI but the MSRP on it is a deal killer for me.

Yeah that MMATS is nuts on price, but there's definitely a reason for it. I like the idea of Zuki because it's basically custom-built and he throws in nice pack-ins for you, but like the Zed knowing he's a powerhouse designer/builder and everything he's touched is treated as gold. Decisions, decisions.

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah that MMATS is nuts on price, but there's definitely a reason for it. I like the idea of Zuki because it's basically custom-built and he throws in nice pack-ins for you, but like the Zed knowing he's a powerhouse designer/builder and everything he's touched is treated as gold. Decisions, decisions.

I love my MMATS 2k but I'm planning on down sizing and going with a more SQ oriented setup.

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I love my MMATS 2k but I'm planning on down sizing and going with a more SQ oriented setup.

I hear you. I'm loving my Eclipse 36501 right now. Definitely a well-rounded setup, but the bass will slam on my ID10s if I want them to. Talk about an underrated setup.

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I hear you. I'm loving my Eclipse 36501 right now. Definitely a well-rounded setup, but the bass will slam on my ID10s if I want them to. Talk about an underrated setup.

Nice, I'm still considering which subs I'm going to run. I looked at the IDQ's, Dayton HO's, and a couple others. I'm still leaning toward the Daytons but I dunno yet.

mikeb618
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Nice, I'm still considering which subs I'm going to run. I looked at the IDQ's, Dayton HO's, and a couple others. I'm still leaning toward the Daytons but I dunno yet.

What the hell does any of this have to do with me getting screwed by ACE?

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM

I'd say Dayton, but if you were here in CA, you could get an IDQ for cheap. It's a hard choice between both, but I can tell you after owning the ID that it's definitely not as raunchy as my W3 was. It doesn't have the same thwack as some sub setups, so you need good midbass to compensate.

OmegaBunny
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
What the hell does any of this have to do with me getting screwed by ACE?

Sorry got off track.

neo_styles
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry got off track.

Sorry for threadjacking, OP. Hope you get things taken care of.

mikeb618
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
ACE, your profile says you were on here yesterday but somehow you forgot to reply to this thread with your plans to "make it right". I am really curious what you are planning to do.

myjaja
01-09-2013, 10:16 PM
ACE, your profile says you were on here yesterday but somehow you forgot to reply to this thread with your plans to "make it right". I am really curious what you are planning to do.

Im pretty sure he did that on purpose so you dont file a claim. So he can waste up some time so it can be too late to file a claim.

mikeb618
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Its already been 3 months. I am sure its too late already.

My offer stands...someone get a video of ACE getting kicked in the balls and i will call it even!

bumppinKota
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
pm me op

VWBobby
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Its already been 3 months. I am sure its too late already.

My offer stands...someone get a video of ACE getting kicked in the balls and i will call it even!

Yeah that makes a lot of sense... Settle for someone kicking the guy in the balls. Like that is going to happen.
Why don't you just file a claim and troll this guy to make his life a living hell. There's a few people that quit doing business on here because of me, and that's only 2 transactions not being 100% as described. Could you imagine what I would do if someone fucked me over as bad as you??

mikeb618
01-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah that makes a lot of sense... Settle for someone kicking the guy in the balls. Like that is going to happen.
Why don't you just file a claim and troll this guy to make his life a living hell. There's a few people that quit doing business on here because of me, and that's only 2 transactions not being 100% as described. Could you imagine what I would do if someone fucked me over as bad as you??

If you had read the thread you would know that ACE has quit doing business on here since this happened. In fact he has only been logged in 3 or 4 times. I think you are missing my point...ACE is not going to do **** to fix this and him taking a boot to the nuts is very deserved! Actually someone kicking him in the balls is just about as likely as him sending me some $$ is...about a .01% chance of either happening.

jnewnam88
01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Well I have read the entire post and it doesn't matter if ACE is going to do anything, filing a negative claim will stop him from doing this to other people. Even if you don't want your money back which I don't understand... He is probably on other forums trying to do other shady business! Thanks for the heads up though!

VWBobby
01-12-2013, 08:27 AM
^^^ Exactly! I'm glad someone understands what I was getting at. There are 100's of ways to make this guy's life a living hell without going to jail. I'm not going to get into all the details, but trolling someone with truthful comments to the point of insanity is one way to get your money in about 1 - 3 days. I don't care who the person is. I deal with the public daily in business and if anyone owes me money, you better believe I'm going to get it. ;)