PDA

View Full Version : New box

tCbass
10-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Right now I have a box that is tuned around 42hz and I want LOWSSS so I want to build myself a new box! I have a MTX 7515, recommended to be ported at 2.5^3, but I was wondering if I made it 3.0^3 would it hurt the woofer? I want the tuning to be at 32hz, should be good enough.

Im using Torres Tuning Calculator to get all the dimensions I need.

gckless
10-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Right now I have a box that is tuned around 42hz and I want LOWSSS so I want to build myself a new box! I have a MTX 7515, recommended to be ported at 2.5^3, but I was wondering if I made it 3.0^3 would it hurt the woofer? I want the tuning to be at 32hz, should be good enough.

Get one designed for you, then build it.

pro-rabbit ;

goingdef
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM

It won't hurt anything but it will lower your power handling some but in the same sense your sub would be slightly more efficient.

tCbass
10-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Get one designed for you, then build it.

I really dont feel like having to pay someone to design it for me though..Im messing around with different things but I am just unsure of how big/small it needs to be. and the port size to move the air im hoping for...although only using 600watts rms

tCbass
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
It won't hurt anything but it will lower your power handling some but in the same sense your sub would be slightly more efficient.

Now im very confused lol...so better to go with 2.5 or 3?

gckless
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I really dont feel like having to pay someone to design it for me though..Im messing around with different things but I am just unsure of how big/small it needs to be. and the port size to move the air im hoping for...although only using 600watts rms

I think if you got one designed you would be much happier.

Even 3ft sounds like it's on the small side for a 15. Another reason why you should have someone with more knowledge and tools design it.

Smitty
10-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Kevin @ Skar Audio builds excellent boxes. Hit him up.