PDA

View Full Version : Wiring with built in bass blocker?

Meman5150
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I have polk audio dxi 460 and 690 speakers that i am going to install in my car and i wired them and i have a feeling i connected the positive wire to the incorrect spot. there are 2 positive spots one with the bass blocker and positive wire that goes to the speaker and the other is just the bass blocker on it. Which one would i solder the wire harness onto?

audiobaun
10-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Surely your speakers came with speaker wires..Red/blk, and red?Attatch those wires in the proper location/connectors, and cut off apprx 8in to be able to solder your existing wiring to the proper +,and - stock wiring, so you wont complicate things.Tape up the exposed solder connections individually, or get some heat shrink to place on each wire long enough to cover up your soldering connection before soldering together.

Meman5150
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
they problem i am having is there is 2 spots on the positive side and i am not sure which one to put the positive wire on. one has the red wire and the bass blocker cable and the other has just the bass blocker cable. the bass blocker cable goes to both of them so i was thinking i would solder it on the one with just the bass blocker right because itll go through the bass blocker to the other connection and go to the red cable?

audiobaun
10-07-2012, 07:49 PM
:eyebrow: you need to read the directions that came in the box for your speakers,and look at the diagrams

Qbenjamin
10-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I got a headache after the first sentence...What model speakers do you have?