PDA

View Full Version : Painting inside box

t-money
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I noticed most boxes i had someone make me, they painted the inside of the box. Is that necessary? Is there a audible difference if its painted as oppsed to bare wood? My friend just build a a sealed box and i ws wondering if we'll need to paint the inside

Serpent710
10-04-2012, 12:32 PM
People paint the ports so you don't see bare wood in the port with a nice paint or carpet job on the outside. Usually anything on the inside is resin

groundpound4200
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
You're wasting your time painting a sealed box. A ported box might a gain a few tenths on the Termlab with a smooth interior finish VS. unfinished wood

Kangaroux
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
It's not really necessary though in SPL painting the inside of your box will smooth out the surface and might add a couple tenths on the meter. In other words no you don't need to. Doing it in a sealed box won't do anything anyways since a sealed box has no port where the air/pressure needs to flow

pro-rabbit
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I was asked this some time ago about sealed enclosures. The client was thinking the wood would not be "sealed" if we did not paint the inside of the enclosure with something.

Answer....waste of time/money unless you have a plexi window.

BrownVanMan
10-04-2012, 02:57 PM
People paint the ports so you don't see bare wood in the port with a nice paint or carpet job on the outside. Usually anything on the inside is resin

thats about it. i use the cheap 1ish can of flat black in the ports so when its carpeted it looks nice.

t-money
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys, thats what i thought just wanted to make sure