PDA

View Full Version : Last thread haha...Does anyone know if you can wire 4 mids and 8 tweeters all 4 ohm

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Can u wire 4 mids and 8 tweets all 4 ohm to a 4 ohm amp? what would the final load be? this is confusing me

subzero
10-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Can u wire 4 mids and 8 tweets all 4 ohm to a 4 ohm amp? what would the final load be? this is confusing me

No, we dont know **** here.

#1 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) We dont know how many channels your amp is.
#2 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) We dont know if your using a passive crossover or if your planning on going active.
#3 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) We dont know if you know what those things are.
#4 (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4) We dont know what equipment your using. (We need to know each and every peice of equipment you are using)
Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers (http://www.the12volt.com/)

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Sorry that's how retarded i am at midnight here in hawaii. I'm using passive crossovers and I'm planning on doing a set of rockford t2 components in the front and rear of my magnum and also adding another set of t2 tweeters to the front and the back for a total of 4 mids and 8 tweeters, all of them being 4 ohm. This is what I did in my 4runner but they were all 8 ohm speakers and worked on my t4004. I'm planning on grabbing a t6004 and I was wondering if I could wire it down on this amp and what would the final load be

subzero
10-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Sorry that's how retarded i am at midnight here in hawaii. I'm using passive crossovers and I'm planning on doing a set of rockford t2 components in the front and rear of my magnum and also adding another set of t2 tweeters to the front and the back for a total of 4 mids and 8 tweeters, all of them being 4 ohm. This is what I did in my 4runner but they were all 8 ohm speakers and worked on my t4004. I'm planning on grabbing a t6004 and I was wondering if I could wire it down on this amp and what would the final load be

you should be ok. But, I would suggest that you run the secondary tweets off the deck power. So, go buy some high pass filters (hpf) crossovers, for the secondary tweets.

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 06:54 AM
I just need help figuring out if the final load will be compatible with this amp

subzero
10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
well, that amp is a 4 channel. you got two pairs of comps and four extra tweets. put one comp set on the front channel and the second on the rear channel and the extra tweets put on the deck fron and rear left and rights.

matt_bennett05
10-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Agreed w/ subzero. Deck power will be fine on tweets... unless all you want is for it to hiss obnoxiously 24-7.

quackhead
10-04-2012, 07:15 AM
I agree with what has already been said about how you should do this. Trust me, those here who recommended you to run the tweets off of HU power are telling you that with SQ in mind. Adding tweets, especially 4 ohm to an existing 4 ohm load will create a 2ohm load...the tweets you are adding will not have any of the benefits of the passive x-over that the comp tweets have

.... in short, the system will likely sound like ***.

ps, I suggest either running them off HU, or at the very least, using 8 ohm tweets with the 4 ohm comps so they will get less power from the amp and use a passive HPF.

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 07:19 AM
I dont know if you guys missed something but keep in mind im having a set of tweets per door.

subzero
10-04-2012, 07:27 AM
I dont know if you guys missed something but keep in mind im having a set of tweets per door.

dude. do what we are telling you. and makre sure you get hpf for the tweets. and yes, you can put them anywhere you want. even in the doors....

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 07:51 AM
How about for the comp tweets could that be 4 ohm and the extra tweet per door be 8 ohm? and then that way could I run it to the amp?

mlstrass
10-04-2012, 08:00 AM
if using passive xovers and running extra mid/tweets off of them you need to end up at the rated final ohm load otherwise you change xover points/slopes

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 08:01 AM
if using passive xovers and running extra mid/tweets off of them you need to end up at the rated final ohm load otherwise you change xover points/slopes

Is that possible if I add in 8 ohm tweets with the comp 4 ohm tweets?

mlstrass
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Is that possible if I add in 8 ohm tweets with the comp 4 ohm tweets?

you would need to parallel 2 8ohm tweets to get a 4ohm load

DropDownLowYota
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM
so thats a go then?

butterMilk
10-06-2012, 04:55 AM
well, that amp is a 4 channel. you got two pairs of comps and four extra tweets. put one comp set on the front channel and the second on the rear channel and the extra tweets put on the deck fron and rear left and rights.

Yeah the way that he has suggested.

rebelfromva
10-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Why do you need 8 tweets

akheathen
10-06-2012, 06:37 AM
if you wire the tweets in series, then the 8ohm load will actually play lower, and be pretty harsh, likely with distortion. if you parallel them, they will go the other way, and it might work okay if the mids can handle that high of extension without too much drop-off, but i doubt it, especially if the mids are filtered to cut highs at the point it blends with the matched tweeters. as mentioned, run the 4 tweets from the head unit power, and the component sets from the amp. i, personally, have never had/seen an impedance issue running the tweets at 2ohms, and mids at 4ohms, as far as 4ohm stable amp is concerned. my question is: do you really need to have 8 tweeters in the frist place?
if you google diy cross-over building, you can get the proper size capacitor to put inline with your tweets to get the right high-pass frequency, and save on buying cross-overs.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Why do you need 8 tweets

lol, nomsayin?