PDA

View Full Version : JBL MS-62C or Morel Maximo Comps?

gckless
10-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Anyone have any experience with both? I need 2.5" or less mounting depth, and under $300. Any other suggestions are welcome, these were just the two I narrowed it down to on my own based on specs. I'm running them passive off a DC 175.4.

zako
10-03-2012, 07:36 AM
No idea, but note that JBL crossovers have tweeter attenuation jumper, which is something nice to have if you will be using passive crossovers.

gramser57
10-03-2012, 11:54 PM
I have morel maximo's and have auditioned many sets, for under $300 the maximo's are hard to beat. I have no experience with the JBL MS-62C but have experience with titanium dome tweeters and find them too harsh.

gckless
10-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the input. I have decided to go with a set of CDT HD-62 CF's. Have heard good things about CDT, but haven't seen much about this set specifically, which is why I wanted to try them. It's my first set of speakers over $50, so I'm sure I will be happy. Not until I try out some different sets can I really compare. The thing that swayed me the most is the ability to change only one component. So that way I can throw in paper cone woofers, for example, for much cheaper and be able to hear the difference. I do want to try out those JBL's for sure eventually though. They look really well built.