PDA

View Full Version : Speaker size dilemma?

deidrajim
09-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello, Sorry For title error I meant SPEAKER CHOICE!?

I have a 2012 nissan Pathfinder S model. I have purchased the amps and subs and also player already! But i am stuck in a dilemma between component speakers or just 2 way? Some told me Component is best, Then another said component is useless! So really what is recommended? So this place is where i came to get the advice!

Everything is all Planet Audio!

Planet Audio PI9756 7" Flip-Out LCD Touchscreen
Planet Audio AC 1800.5 channel AMP
Planet Audio BB 2400.1 1ohm Mono Class D AMP (for subs)
Planet Audio 2 BB212D 12' D.V.C 4ohm

The 5 Channel Amp is for my mids and highs, But i again am stuck on Component or just an coaxial 2 way type speakers? I need 6x9 for my front doors and rear doors are 6.5 Please any sugguestions would be helpful!

audiobaun
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
You have more choices for components of 6.5, that can be placed in the 6x9 opening,and do a little sealing, and get more sq, along with some better choices/rms handling speakers,2 way Polk DB would be just fine for the rears,as a suggestion for one

gckless
09-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Components up front for sure. Do 6.5" up front. And the back, coaxials will be just fine, if you even need them.

deidrajim
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Okay great! So Components up front, coaxials rear! So it wouldnt be wise to run components in the rear to right? I also forgot to mention i was wanting that movie theater sound when watching dvds. would that be a good idea to run both components front and rear?

zako
09-30-2012, 05:23 AM
I wouldn't abandon the idea of using 6x9 components in front so fast. A 6x9 woofer has about as much cone area as an 8 inch woofer, so you can expect a good bass output coming from the front of car. One popular "budget" (under $200) component set is Massive Audio CK series. They have a 6x9 version called CK69X. This is a convertible component, so you can try running it either in coaxial mode or component mode. Another a bit higher end set would be Hybrid Audio Imagine i69-2. These cost about $350, but they are worth this price. These are also convertible between coaxial or component setup. If you get the Massive Audio CK69x, you could also get a matching CK set for the rear. If you used HAT Imagine in front, I'd consider using a cheaper matching HAT Mirus 6x9 speaker in the rear. Actually, I'd prefer to run 2-way active front with no rear speaker.